It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Vice Presidential Debate 10-4-16

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here's one transcript from the debate.

I couldn't post it to the OP

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Oh man...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach
Pence started strong but faded as the debate went on. Pence could not or would not defend Trump, it seems if he was to defend Trump it would have conflicted him regarding his faith. Pences abortion rant catered to the religious right. Kaine was having a good time threw out the debate, Pence just like most Trump surrogates didn't seem to want to be there.

I thought the same, Kaine just proved tonight that Pence can't or won't defend any of the disgusting things Trump has said.

He also got him with Trump making Pence show his tax returns before picking him as VP, Pence lost the entire argument on that.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And it was a single moment of policy hidden in his barking seal routine.

Would you like some more policy detail from Kaine?

o here's what we'll do. We'll focus on community policing. We will focus on -- and Hillary Clinton has rolled out a really comprehensive mental health reform package that she worked on with law enforcement professionals, and we will also fight the scourge of gun violence in the United States. I'm a gun-owner. I'm a strong Second Amendment supporter. But I've got a lot of scar tissue, because when I was governor of Virginia, there was a horrible shooting at Virginia Tech, and we learned that through that painful situation that gaps in the background record check system should have been closed and it could have prevented that crime, and so we're going to work to do things like close background record checks. And if we do, we won't have the tragedies that we did.

First, we're going to protect Social Security, which is one of the greatest programs that the American government has ever done. It happened at a time when you would work your whole life, your whole life, raising your kids, working, being a Little League coach or a Sunday school teacher, and then you would retire into poverty. And Social Security has enabled people to retire with dignity and overwhelmingly not be in poverty. We have to keep it solvent. And we will keep it solvent. And we'll look for strategies like adjusting the payroll tax cap upward in order to do that.

link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Grambler

There are no winners in VP debates...come on, anyone with any political experience knows that.

Trump lost tonight...just look at the debate, Trump was talked about the majority of the time. Look at the after shows...all talking about Trump.

So yes, Hillary won the first debate...Trump was the loser in the VP debate.

Preposterous. Dan Quayle was destroyed in his debate. Joe Biden mopped up the floor in his debate. There have always been clear winners and losers in the Vice-Presidential debates, and tonight was no different with Pence's victory over Kaine.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Grambler

But you still haven't said what policy he was better on.

Syria, economy, bringing people together, cyber security, Iran deal, Iraq pull out, Isis.

Details?

What are Trump's specific policy details that Pence laid out that were better than Clinton's?

Are we discussing this debate? The one where Kaine interrupted Pence everytime he was trying to speak,. and said nothing but show me the tax returns all night.

Would you have preferred Pence told Kaine to shut up and get into policy details?

Honestly, did you not see how Kaine just lobbed things Trump said the whole debate? Perhaps you viewed a different debate than me.

Or should he have Taken the Hillary tactic, and just said go to my website and see my policies.

LOL.

YOU are the one that said Pence won on policy...that is how this conversation started between me and you. Now you are saying that Pence couldn't talk about policy details because Kaine interrupted to much.

So if he couldn't talk about policy....how did he win on policy?

I've given you an example of Kaine talking about policy with many specific details...and I didn't even make the claim about him winning on policy.

YOU made the claim that Pence won on policy...why can't you back up that claim?

Yes he won on policy, not alot of specific detail was given. he went into detail about the immigration policy, and outlined the policy Trump showed in Arizona.

He was more specific on Syria. he was more specific and factual on Iran.

He was right and better on the Iraq withdrawal and Libya.

He was right on Obamacare being a disaster. He was right on trade deals being bad.

You posted on canned response Kaine gave.

Do you think Kaine won on any of these policies?

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Oh man...

Nixon also released his tax returns...... Under audit.
edit on 4-10-2016 by RedMenace16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

You can't win on policy when you give no detail.

And as you just said:

not alot of specific detail was given

Just because his opinion agreed with your opinion, doesn't mean he won.

link   
a reply to: RedMenace16

Well if we are going to hold our candidates to Nixon standards, he also deleted 18 minutes of evidence recordings and was impeached. Too bad for him the evidence wasn't in email form, am I right?

edit on 4-10-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: kruphix

He or she could just say, "we're going to extend the same policies as Obama."

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

This is policy? how do they pay for it? How do they get Congress to approve it? How much more tax will we have to pay?

Details man, not wish lists.

Five components.
First thing we do is we invest in manufacturing, infrastructure, and research in the clean energy jobs of tomorrow.

Like Solyndra? What will they do when their investments fold? Details! Policy!

You mean like the Stimulus and all those shovel-ready jobs? Failed policy!

Second thing is we invest in our workforce, from pre-K education to great teachers to debt-free college and tuition-free college for families that make less than $125,000 a year.

How will you pay for this? Why $125,000? How will you guarantee quality education? What if they don't make it to graduation? Details! Policy!!

Third, we promote fairness by raising the minimum wage, so you can't work full-time and be under the poverty level, and by paying women equal pay for equal work.

Who decides what is fair? You do realize that raising the minimum wage will raise the poverty level, right? You do realize there is no wage gap, right? Details! Policy!!!

Fourth, we promote small business growth, just as we've done in Virginia, to make it easier to start and grow small businesses. Hillary and I each grew up in small-business families. My dad, who ran an iron working and welding shop, is here tonight.

Virginia had an increase of unemployment when Kaine was governor. There are more businesses closing in America than starting up. We're at a record low job participation percentage in America! This is due to failed Democrat policies!

Policies!!!!

Policies!!!!!

And, fifth, we have a tax plan that targets tax relief to middle- class individuals and small businesses and asks those at the very top who've benefited as we've come out of recession to pay more.

This is a load of B.S.

Failed Democrat policies already have tax relief for the majority of Americans who are not paying taxes and get earning income credits! Where are they going to get the cash to offset all their other spending above? More debt that our kids and grand-kids have to pay back.

So we need more details! Policy!!!!!!!!!!111eleven!!!!

Look...details. What were Pence's details about Trump's plan?

You keep typing 'details', I see 'unicorn farts'.

Seriously, you call this policy and attack Pence?
edit on 4-10-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

Preposterous. Dan Quayle was destroyed in his debate. Joe Biden mopped up the floor in his debate. There have always been clear winners and losers in the Vice-Presidential debates, and tonight was no different with Pence's victory over Kaine.

There are only losers in the VP debate, not winners.

Tonight's loser was Trump.

Who are all the post-debate shows talking about????

Donald Trump, and not in a good way.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Wow, you did it! I can post blocks of the speech that Pence said on policies.

The fact that under this past administration of which Hillary Clinton was a part, we have almost doubled the national debt. It is atrocious. I am very proud of the fact that I come from a state that works. The state of Indiana has a balanced budget. We cut taxes. I finished my turn with $2 billion in the bank. That is a little bit different from when Sen. Kaine was governor here in Virginia. He actually tried to raise taxes by about $4 billion. He left the state about $2 billion in the hole.

The state of Indiana — we cut unemployment in half. Unemployment doubled when he was governor. He is a very fitting running mate for Hillary Clinton because in the wake of the season when American families are struggling in this economy under the weight of higher taxes and Obamacare and the war on coal and the settling avalanche of regulations coming out of this administration, Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine want more of the same. It really is remarkable.

They actually are advocating $1 trillion in tax increases. You tried to raise taxes in Virginia and were unsuccessful. With trillion dollars in tax increases, more regulation, more of the same — $1 trillion in tax increases, more regulation, more of the same war on coal. Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine want to build on Obamacare and make it a single-payer program. Hillary Clinton thinks Obamacare is a good start.

We have a plan to get health care working again by lowering taxes across the board for working families, small businesses, and family farms, ending the war on coal that is hurting jobs, repealing Obamacare, lock stock, and repealing all of the executive orders Obama has signed that are stifling economic growth in this country.

On top of that, the trade deals that have put the American worker first, you have got a prescription for real growth. When you get the economy growing, that is when you can deal with the national debt. When we get back to 3.5 percent to 4 percent growth, then we are going to have the resources to meet our nation's needs at home, abroad, and the ability to bring down the national debt.

They hear the bad mouthing that comes from people that seize upon tragedy as a reason to use a broad brush to accuse law enforcement of implicit bias or institutional racism. That really has got to stop. When an African-American police officer in Charlotte, an all-star football player who went to Liberty University, followed his dad into law enforcement, joined the force in Charlotte in 2014, was involved in a police action shooting that claimed the life of Keith Lamont Scott, it was a tragedy. We mourn with those who mourn, we grieve with those who grieve, and we are saddened at the loss of life.

Hillary Clinton actually referred to that moment as an example of implicit bias in the police force, when she was asked a week ago, whether there was implicit bias in law enforcement, should correctly answer was that there is implicit bias and everyone in the United States I just think what we ought to do is stop seizing on these moments of tragedy. We assure the public we have a full and complete and transparent investigation whenever there is a loss of life because of police action, but Senator, please, enough of this seeking every opportunity to demean law enforcement probably by making accusation of implicit bias every time tragedy occurs.

Do you want to go through who won each of the positions, or just post things from Kaine while claiming Pence said nothing?

Any reasonable person can see Kaine was focused mainly onl taxes, while Pence was doing a better jon discussing the issues.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

No. You are impossibly wrong. Discussions on television are only an indicator of what the pundits and journalists want to talk about. Pence won big time, and this empty spinning of yours to try to make Kaine's catastrophically poor performance vanish under the haze of your "Trump is the loser mantra" is a very poor side show.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You just posted a bunch of Pence ranting about Clinton.

I think I've proven my point.

You blindly claimed Pence won on policy...because that makes it sound like you know what you are talking about....but when called on it, you can't seem to provide any details.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
All those things Mr. Kaine mentioned there will Only be Possible for the Democratic Mindset to Accomplish if they go ahead and Raise 2 Trillion Dollars In New Taxes from the American People to Pay for it . Mr. Trumps Tax Plan involves Cutting Government Regulations , Reducing the Capital Gains Tax , Lowering Taxes on the Middle Class , and Renegotiating Trade Deals which at present have given this Country a 8 Hundred Billion Dollar Trade Deficit with the rest of the World . Which Proposal makes more Sense ? Hint , It's a No Brainer

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just got to say that I found this debate rather uninformative. Another loss for us, the citizens and our joke of an electoral process.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

No. You are impossibly wrong. Discussions on television are only an indicator of what the pundits and journalists want to talk about. Pence won big time, and this empty spinning of yours to try to make Kaine's catastrophically poor performance vanish under the haze of your "Trump is the loser mantra" is a very poor side show.

I understand your confusion because you seem to be new to politics.

The VP debate is not about the Vice Presidential candidates.

Trump lost tonight by Pence not being able to defend him.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

That's not very detailed. It's a lot of emotional appeal before he says - gun control and tax you more.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Are you trying to convince us or yourself?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join