It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Vice Presidential Debate 10-4-16

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Does Tim Kaine have a Japan flag collar pin?

ATS sleuths solved that one. Blue Star Family pin. Kaine has a kid serving overseas.

Ok.

I couldn't see exactly what it was.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Good debate, I'm glad I watched it. Actually much better than the first presidential. Local station followed up the debate with a few anti trump ads, don't think it will help much.

Pence slammed this one home. Someone call woody, because white men can jump, from beyond the 3 even.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: RedMenace16

Cnn et al: kaine won.
Fox news et al: pence won.

Trump-etiers... moderator was biased
Shill-kaines... it was fair and well balanced.

Excellent observation!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ok so my thoughts.

Disclosure, I am more in favor of Trump than Hillary. However, I try to be unbias and I thought Hillary beat Trump in the first debate (which was more important than this debate).

I thought Pence won this debate easily. I thought he was better on policy, had a better demeanor, and was more effective at bringing up Hillarys weaknesses.

I thought Kaine would have done better to not overplay his hand. When he kept bringing up Trumps taxes, it sort of takes the sting out of it.

People watching that aren't into politics as much as us on ATS, probably thought it was a joke that Kaine was basically blames Trumps taxes for everything.

All in all, a convincing win for Pence.

Now, will this affect the election? I don't know. I think that maybe some independents that have questions about trumps demeanor may be swayed that his vice president seems very presidential.

I also think both of these two are better than Hillary or Trump on their debate performance.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
I just want to thank everyone for contributing tonight. Lots of hilarious responses tonight,some of you had me and the wife reeling! Whomever called Kaine an annoying little gerbil takes the cake!

I hope one of them was mine, it's all I've got to contribute.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Trumps main deplorable Kellyanne Conway is already blaming the moderator because Trump insulted so many people.

Lol wtf is wrong with her?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the other debate thread? It is so biased against Pence out the gate and keeps steamrolling nonstop.
VP Debate for the Less Polite

It's bizzaro. Read a few posts.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedMenace16
Both seem pretty likeable, Pence is definitely a smart well educated respectful man, that's why I don't see how he could back such a disgusting human being as Trump.

I think Kaine won but only by a few points, I'm being honest.

As far as online opinion polls the will say Pence won flat out, we all seen the kangaroo circus these scammers tried to pull on us. So I wouldn't pay much attention to polls that show Pence won. They will probably be false.

You need to put down the bong. Pence wiped the floor with Kaine. TKO.

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Punish. Keep pushing 'punish'... punish punish punish...

How about personal responsibility, Kaine? How about learning what the ruling for Roe vs. Wade actually was, Kaine?

How about more than 50% of voters are now pro-life, Kaine? Did you miss that poll?

Do you have a legitimate source? If you do I apparently missed it.

link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Smart people don't necessarily know how to manage others and are single minded in their drive. It is a sound practice and plenty have built businesses on it. You think everyone under Steve Jobs was less intelligent than he?

Steve Jobs didn't know how to manufacture his product. He was a salesman, not an engineer. When he actually did try his hand at engineering he had to call in Woz, then ripped Woz off on the profits. He simply thought "X would sell" and told people to make X. So no, I don't actually think Steve Jobs was all that intelligent.

You can contrast that with someone like Bill Gates, who not only had the business sense to sell/market his product, but actually initially wrote the code for the first decade or two, then still personally reviewed it after that for years more just to make sure things were being done right.

And having your dad as your corp lawyer didn't hurt either.

My good bud worked for Gates's dad's law firm.

link   
I am listening to the NBC person on site and she is giving the debate to Pence. National is trying to to question her and move it to Kaine.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Kaine looked pretty bad. All the whining about tax returns and then trying to spin it in to not supporting the military. As if he and clinton don't take deductions... I guess they don't support the military or pay their fair share either... Hypocrites.

The thing that creeped me out the most about kaine was that weird looking smirk on his face when he thought he was being clever. He tanked. Big time.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Except you know. Kaine lost completely. It was no contest. Pence won with about zero casualties.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Cnn et al: kaine won.
Fox news et al: pence won.

Trump-etiers... moderator was biased
Shill-kaines... it was fair and well balanced.

Excellent observation!

I'll be completely honest both had good points, Kaine should have not interrupted so much. I'm the biggest Trump hater but this debate was a coin flip at worst Kaine won by, a few points at best.
edit on 4-10-2016 by RedMenace16 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: RedMenace16
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Real time polls like the ones after the 1st debate? Those ain't real bro.

No, mis-speak on my part. I'm not sure what they're called, but Twitter has been tracking a number of the events at various universities where a researcher gathers 20, 30, 40+ undecided voters and asks them to critique what they're seeing in real time. As in: "19 of the 32 participants feel Tim Kaine's constant interruptions are very unprofessional" or "13 of the 29 participants say Mike Pence seems more amiable than Tim Kaine" (pulling these out of thin air... I closed the link I found these feeds at after the debate ended and they stopped updating.)

I don't know if these are called panels or political taste tests? Not sure. I"m not talking about online polls...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Kaine'S response to every question was TRUMP TAXES! TRUMP TAXES! It was embarrassing to watch.

edit on 4-10-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It was decent debate, as far as political debates go. But as far as debates in general, it is clear Pense resorted to less well-poisoning, less straw-men, less ad hominem, less appeals to emotion, and apparently to some, looked less creepy.

In other Words , he was a Gentleman , and Not a Damn Dirty Ape ?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
Has anyone seen the other debate thread? It is so biased against Pence out the gate and keeps steamrolling nonstop.
VP Debate for the Less Polite

It's bizzaro. Read a few posts.

I wandered over there. The bile sent me back.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Ok so my thoughts.

Disclosure, I am more in favor of Trump than Hillary. However, I try to be unbias and I thought Hillary beat Trump in the first debate (which was more important than this debate).

I thought Pence won this debate easily. I thought he was better on policy, had a better demeanor, and was more effective at bringing up Hillarys weaknesses.

I thought Kaine would have done better to not overplay his hand. When he kept bringing up Trumps taxes, it sort of takes the sting out of it.

People watching that aren't into politics as much as us on ATS, probably thought it was a joke that Kaine was basically blames Trumps taxes for everything.

All in all, a convincing win for Pence.

Now, will this affect the election? I don't know. I think that maybe some independents that have questions about trumps demeanor may be swayed that his vice president seems very presidential.

I also think both of these two are better than Hillary or Trump on their debate performance.

I could only watch about half of it, had to turn it off. Pence wiped the floor with Kaine. Pence definitely more presidential than the Donald, but he is an evangalical asshat in my book, so he wouldn't get my vote either.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The most accurate polls Imo will be out in a few days, but I think it was an even match.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join