It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hours Before VP Debate, Trump Melts Down And Blames Hillary Clinton For His Tax Cheating

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Since his tax returns are not public and the IRS hasn't commented, it cannot be said (proved to the world) there is no fraud.
edit on 10/4/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Congress is powerless to change laws as long as the no tax increase pledges are in place. Talking to them can't fix anything.

Furthermore, it's a question of morality. Is it moral for a very wealthy individual to dodge taxes, knowing that much poorer individuals will have to pay them instead? Leaders don't screw over their supporters by doing that.

From what you're saying it sounds like we need a good negotiator to bring the country to agreement? And good business people do take advantage of every opportunity to help safeguard their company's future and their employees' future and livelihood. I'd use it too. At least you'd retain control of liquid assets that would make the company more flexible in changing times unlike giving it to the government that still hasn't found the 6 Billion dollars they lost somewhere, somehow? And the whacko things they use it on, is that moral? It all needs an over-haul imho. All of it.

STM
edit on 4-10-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

A negotiator isn't going to change the no tax pledge thing. It would require a complete overhaul of the Republican party. It's pretty much their #1 issue.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

A negotiator isn't going to change the no tax pledge thing. It would require a complete overhaul of the Republican party. It's pretty much their #1 issue.

So far, so good. It all seems to be going in that direction.

STM

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Trump did not dodge his taxes. Dodging implies an illegal or at least sneaky action in order to thwart paying what is owed. That is not what happened. Trump managed his capital within the laws and in an open manner (which is how this was discovered). He calculated the best way to make the most profit legally and took it.

One form says he had an income of >$500k in wages for 1995, another claims he had an income of $6,000. Tax dodging likely happened based on that. Of course, it could all be cleared up if we got the rest of the forms.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
"If those shop owners hadn't if left that stuff out on display I wouldn't have stolen it! It's their fault!"

That's the logic he's using

Disgusting. What's worse is watching his supporters verify it

Ahhh you'd be the sort who would sack your accountant if they were efficiently working within the law then.

"I demand to pay MORE taxes" you'd cry to the world.

Good man, let your beacon be the way for others.....

*rolls eyes*

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Your implying that a law was broken. By your logic supporters of both candidates are disgusting because both have done the exact same thing in the past.

That's racist. Trump is the evil one to be criticised. Clinton is just a frail old lady, who can pick on a frail old lady.

"We came, We saw, He died. AhhahahahahahaAhahahahaha..."

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I was referring to the tax forms that were published by the NYC.

Not to his present tax forms.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Which forms? Personal or business? Which business?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
"If those shop owners hadn't if left that stuff out on display I wouldn't have stolen it! It's their fault!"

That's the logic he's using

Disgusting. What's worse is watching his supporters verify it

Ahhh you'd be the sort who would sack your accountant if they were efficiently working within the law then.

"I demand to pay MORE taxes" you'd cry to the world.

Good man, let your beacon be the way for others.....

*rolls eyes*

I know right, i don't know about you mate but i absolutely pay as much tax as i can, sometimes when i get the tax bill i feel it is not enough and i like to add 10% so i can feel like i am paying my fair share to the military, i mean economy ....

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Morosus

Here you go.

Hillary Clinton's tax returns from 2015

HRC used the exact same "tax avoidance scheme" just last year. Which means she can avoid paying 700k in taxes this year.

But of course the major media outlets have conveniently ignored this. #doublestandards

Didn't read the article. Don't bother us.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
From what you're saying it sounds like we need a good negotiator to bring the country to agreement?

Nope.

What it takes is both parties in the House to draft a bill and not put any riders on it and then pass it to the Senate where it needs to go through without any riders and then to the President.

This is why we have a Majority Whip for both the House and the Senate as well as Minority Whips for both AND committees to draft and recommend.

Can't be done by one person. You can thank (or cuss) the Founding Fathers for that.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Newt was able to do it quite a few times....

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Byrd

Newt was able to do it quite a few times....

Newt was an old school politician and has a lot of connections - and folks who owe him a favor.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I read your OP, but I do not have time to read through 7 pages on this.

Simply put, it's called "officer compensation." I used it when I ran my business. It's perfectly legal and commonly used. As an officer of the corporation, you elect to be paid by officer compensation instead of as an employee. The business still shows you were paid, but your income goes on a different line on your taxes. The advantage is since you are not an employee, the business pays no payroll tax, and you have no Social Security claims.

It works well in two circumstances: a very small struggling business that needs to conserve every dollar (like mine at the time), and when the officer has no need for Social Security benefits (Trump's situation).

I'm starting to think Trump's boy was right: if his taxes were released, they would just confused most of the people.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrThortan
Trump seems to have the delusion that every time Clinton has had a position of power, she had absolute authority over the whole planet. With a wave of her crooked hand, she could have made all that ills us disappear. That is how the government works!

The PTB have been buying tax policies for decades. Of course he broke no laws, he and his ilk purchased the loopholes a long time ago

And he thinks that if he is president, all he will have to do is 'wave his really rich (tiny) hand' and everything will be "fixed."
He really thinks that.
That's why he's not fit for the office.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Love the delusional ignorance displayed within these Trump bashing threads, because it's Trump game on, but please don't look over here at this stack of papers indicating every politician and business using the same tactics. Just focus on The evil monster Trump, cause Hillary is a saint that laughs at people dying, that has lost way more money then Trump, and oh that third party vote guy, Ha.

edit on 5-10-2016 by Floridagoat because: to add text

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
the title of this thread is misleading if not outright deceptive.

she and american politicians have had their entire careers to propose and pass legislation, and they have made thousands and thousands of new laws. closing up these ridiculous tax loopholes has not been one of them.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Byrd
There's a video out there of an Arizona rally where Trump puts the blame on Clinton for not changing the laws when she was in Congress. "why didn't she change those laws so I couldn't use them?" He asks.

Donald Trump has a new excuse for why he didn’t pay taxes for decades. At a rally in Arizona, Trump claimed that his tax dodging is all Hillary Clinton’s fault.

Trump has no real idea how the system works.

I see you were so excited, you forgot to link to a story.

No comment without a valid and credible source.

I bet you already have a reply on the ready, regardless of the link.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join