It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden on Trump's PTSD remarks: 'How can he be so out of touch?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Vice-President Joe Biden has attacked the Republican presidential candidate, Donald Trump, for remarks suggesting that soldiers who suffer from mental health issues might not be as strong as those who don’t.

“How can he be so out of touch?” Biden asked in an interview that aired on Tuesday on CNN. The vice-president also said Trump is “not a bad man”. But he added: “His ignorance is profound, so profound.”
Source

Trump makes George W. Bush look like a genius sometimes. Bush's dumb comments were almost always about nice things. They were comments about putting food on your family or about a glorious future when man and fish could peacefully coinhabit Earth.

Why would Trump or any presidential candidate ever need to discuss the psychological problems of soldiers? How could that ever help?

This comment makes me think Trump isn't just incompetent. This comment makes me think he's throwing the election.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

and yet, you still have 40% of the electorate willing to vote for him, and a lot of them are military or former military

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The title is literal word for word

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't understand.
I have friends that can handle more than me. I have friends that are stronger physically and mentally.
There are people that couldn't handle the things I have.
I had a widowmaker heart attack 2 months ago.
Cops freak me out. If a cop gets behind me while I'm driving I'll start shaking and will have to pull over. Other "stronger" people do not have that issue.
I would think its common sense to believe that everyone is different, has different coping abilities.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Talk about blatantly stating the obvious.

The Man is a first class pillock.

No wonder some of these poor souls take there own life considering the regime they suffer under, the the acts they are forced to participate and witness.
edit on 4-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You really have to choose to be offended by his statement.

This twisting of inarticulate statements into an offensive stance by the millions of paid ctr and paid-off and infiltrated media is starting to get out of hand.

Go establishment, go!!

I don't care who wins, as long as my taxes go up and more liberties and privacy are removed, I will be happy.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

right. Most people don't join the military because they are heroes or "strong" people. We have all kinds of people in the military ranging from strong to weak. Some of those people kill themselves. They obviously couldn't handle the circumstances and post their deployment couldn't cope... so yea they can't handle it. We need to stop acting like out military are more than normal people in a situation... the situation tends to be killing people. Not everyone can handle that. I don't like Trump at all but looking at a lot of the comments here, I shouldn't like many of you either.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

This comment makes me think Trump isn't just incompetent. This comment makes me think he's throwing the election.

And your OP makes me think you are intentionally taking Trump's words out of context. Observe what Col. Alan West has to say about this:

Ok, let me explain something to these liberal progressive media chuckleheads, having served in several combat zones myself. Yes, there are those who are able to deal with the rigors and challenges of combat better than others. That has been the case throughout the history of combat. To try and insinuate anything out of Mr. Trump’s comments other than what he said at face value is just evidence that he did well at the event — and the objective to find some bit of dirt had to be met.

What abject liars and deceivers these people are! On my salute hand, trigger finger, I wear the #22Kill.com ring, that signifies the 22 veterans on average who each day are taking their lives. Mr. Trump stated the obvious: that the challenges cast upon these young men and women by a system that lets them down seems too great to overcome.
Source

Unlike you, he was actually at Trump's speech and heard the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Oh look..The exact same thread by another person with zero reading comprehension or the ability to look past the headline and get the context.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Calling one group of people strong does not automatically imply the other group is weak.

Like an above poster said, you really have to dig or "choose" to find offense in this.

With that said, Trump is a Complete Baffoon imho..

link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Profusion

And your OP makes me think you are intentionally taking Trump's words out of context. Observe what Col. Alan West has to say about this:

Ok, let me explain something to these liberal progressive media chuckleheads, having served in several combat zones myself. Yes, there are those who are able to deal with the rigors and challenges of combat better than others. That has been the case throughout the history of combat. To try and insinuate anything out of Mr. Trump’s comments other than what he said at face value is just evidence that he did well at the event — and the objective to find some bit of dirt had to be met.

What abject liars and deceivers these people are! On my salute hand, trigger finger, I wear the #22Kill.com ring, that signifies the 22 veterans on average who each day are taking their lives. Mr. Trump stated the obvious: that the challenges cast upon these young men and women by a system that lets them down seems too great to overcome.
Source

Unlike you, he was actually at Trump's speech and heard the whole thing.

That's one angry Colonel.

#22 has been doing the social media rounds, if 22 servicemen take their own life, then there is a problem. Let's be honest, someone takes their own life because they cannot handle life in general.

It's sad, very sad and these guys need support from the state,for whom they fought for. Not some charitable organisation that is strongly supported by the Establishment. They sent them to war, to become maimed, they should pay for their every whim.
edit on 4/10/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

link   
He was speaking about the need for soldiers to have better therapy service available.
That's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Oh look..The exact same thread by another person with zero reading comprehension or the ability to look past the headline and get the context.

One reason I mentioned George W. Bush's comment about a future when man and fish could peacefully coinhabit Earth in the original post is because it's an example of a situation where no context could ever save the comment. I believe Trump's comment about military suicides is the same kind of thing.

Joe Biden agreed with my view. Please read the revised original post. Will you attack Joe Biden the same way you attacked me?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
And Joe Bidens opinion on anything means????

In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking
Joe Biden

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
South Park has this election dialed in. Perfectly.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You're still not properly acknowledging what was ACTUALLY SAID.

Trump actually discussed an issue that is important to veterans with PTSD.

The media and idiots like Joe Biden took the misquote and ran with it.

You're running with it too it seems.

Why would Trump or any presidential candidate ever need to discuss the psychological problems of soldiers? How could that ever help?

This comment here proves you're looking for faults where there are none. Why would the potential commander in chief want to discuss these issues? How could it help?

Really? The guy in charge of the military can't discuss things that affect the military?

And you wonder why you got "attacked".

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join