It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Betray Your Country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If you were put in a position that meant you had to choose between loyalty to your country and telling the truth on something that was corrupt or illegal, what would you do?

You could keep quiet, escape a jail term and sit there knowing you have blind loyalty to your country.
On the other hand you could tell the truth which could mean a long jail term and being shunned by your country as a traitor.

I personally love my Country, I would say I'm a patriot, but a true patriot knows that in order to protect his or her country the truth must be at the forefront of that nation.
A true patriot knows that truth comes before their country.

What would you do?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
My country has betrayed me.

A country is just somwhere you are born.

I owe my country little. It may be better than a 3rd world country but i still owe my country little.

I owe the people of my country alot. But not he country.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am loyal to my Nation and the people of the Nation, but not to the Government, and certainly not to the bloody Royal Family

The Government holds its people in contempt, and the Royals are a waste of public money and attention.

But Britain, and the British People are great. I am proud to be a Brit.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
I am loyal to my Nation and the people of the Nation, but not to the Government, and certainly not to the bloody Royal Family

The Government holds its people in contempt, and the Royals are a waste of public money and attention.

But Britain, and the British People are great. I am proud to be a Brit.

Yea that's what i mean to say.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am proud of my country, if i had to betray my government to defend it then i would.
The government isnt the nation the people in it are the nation.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Its nice to see that people's loyalty lies with the country and not its Government.

Thought of another question along similar lines:

Would you give your life for your country?

In my opinion it depends on the sitution, for example i would give my life to save lives but i wouldn't give my life to protect the reputation of a leader.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am loyal to my nation and the people. I am loyal to America but I am not loyal to the government. Would I turn us over to terrorists? No. Would I beray our leaders to save the nation and our people and die in succeding? Yes.

I only would give my life for the country if it was to protect the people, but I would not die to save the government.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would give my life to save my family,country ,friends or anyone with a good heart.

I dont have much courage but give me half a chance and I'll try and save them.

"We didnt mind dieing for queen and country but we didnt contemplate dying for politicians."
Major general julain thompson...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not loyal to any country or government, I am just loyal to the human species as a whole.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
I'm not loyal to any country or government, I am just loyal to the human species as a whole.

Well, I think you've got a more open mind than me.
Got the species ahead of your country.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Treason and patriotism are concepts that helped institute this nationalist crap. I would have no problem betraying my country if needed. The Australian people are fantastic, and if the government would call me traitor, thats fine. My judgement would be by the people, and they would judge me rightly.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My country is my people, not my government. Yes I would betray the government for the good of my people if needed and also I would also die to defend my people, but I wouldn't go off and fight in any offensive war ever. War would also have to be a last resort and the government should be closely scrutinized and held accountable to every mistake that is made.

thanks,
drfunk

new topics

top topics

join