It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FATE bench testing begins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
GE has begun bench testing their new heavy lift turbine, being developed under the Future Affordable Turbine Engine program for the Army. Under the program they will develop a 5-10,000 shp engine that will see an 80% power to weight improvement, 35% fuel burn improvement, 45% reduction in procurement and maintenance cost, and 20% life extension.

The engine will be in the same power class as the current T55, AE1107C, and T408.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

S&F

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
GE has begun bench testing their new heavy lift turbine, being developed under the Future Affordable Turbine Engine program for the Army. Under the program they will develop a 5-10,000 shp engine that will see an 80% power to weight improvement, 35% fuel burn improvement, 45% reduction in procurement and maintenance cost, and 20% life extension.

The engine will be in the same power class as the current T55, AE1107C, and T408.

www.flightglobal.com...

Can't wait for this to filter down into power generation, another nail in coal and oil fired power stations.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

www.flightglobal.com...

Can't wait for this to filter down into power generation, another nail in coal and oil fired power stations.

turbine are great for power generation. Which is why both coal plants and hydro electric have turbines blade systems at their core.

Yes, I know I am being pedantic.

Bristol Aerospace produces some large electricity producing turbines too.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

originally posted by: Forensick

www.flightglobal.com...

turbine are great for power generation. Which is why both coal plants and hydro electric have turbines blade systems at their core.

Yes, I know I am being pedantic.

Bristol Aerospace produces some large electricity producing turbines too.

Yeah I work on gas, coal, water and wind turbines, and solar now (not solar turbines, PVs). Coal is our jewel as we don't have nuclear power here despite mining the fuel and proposing to store the waste in our vast wilderness whilst apologising to the aboriginals who land we stole!

Sorry we stole it, but it's our gas, coal, iron, uranium so sorry but, well sorry.
edit on 7 10 2016 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

top topics

join