It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened With Wikileaks This Morning?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Excellent assessment.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I agree that the media is trying to take advantage of the right-wing aggressiveness to taint any future release from Assange. I have listened to several interviews with him and he has always stated only that he will provide an October surprise before the Nov 8th election regarding Clinton. Everyone else keeps spinning his words out of impatience. I do understand, I want to see it too. I think he is being smart in holding off until closer to the election. The media is definitely not his friend nor Clinton...too much time and they can spin anything into pixie dust and fairy tales.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Shocking!

Hillary pawns failed to understand that Assange never promised to drop any new leaks at their anniversary event, even after that fact is clearly explained in the first post.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Shocking! Wikileaks failed to deliver again about Clinton this election season...

I get he hates Hillary, and I agree with that, but not only is he making Wikileaks look bad because he continues to fail to deliver on his hype, but he has done nothing to expose the other party. Seems a little biased and makes me wonder if he's a Trump supporter.

That's exactly what I thought, i wonder what would happen if Wikileaks released Trumps private emails exposing all the lies and corruption he's done.

Wikileaks has completely discredited themselves, they lost all my respect when they made it a point to only try to expose Democrats and help Republicans.

After this election I really think Wikileaksmismdone for.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Shocking!

Hillary pawns failed to understand that Assange never promised to drop any new leaks at their anniversary event, even after that fact is clearly explained in the first post.

Hillary pawns? Are you saying its Hillary supporters making a fuss about this? Lol wow you have no connection to reality do you?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The Guccifer 2.0 leak today may be the Assange leaks !!!!!!!!!

The have to play it smart when up against the Clinton/DNC outfit.

They may have done it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RedMenace16

That's exactly what I thought, i wonder what would happen if Wikileaks released Trumps private emails exposing all the lies and corruption he's done.

Wikileaks has completely discredited themselves, they lost all my respect when they made it a point to only try to expose Democrats and help Republicans.

The folks on Fox and Friends asked Julian the same question. His response:

'We do have some information about the Republican campaign,' Assange said on 'Fox & Friends.' But 'from the point of view of an investigative journalist organization like WikiLeaks, the problem with the Trump campaign is that it's actually hard for us to publish much more controversial material than what comes out of Donald Trump's mouth every second day'

edit on 4-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Did you happen to read the post I responded directly to?

Talk about disconnected from reality!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGozerian

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Guccifer 2.0 leak today may be the Assange leaks !!!!!!!!!

The have to play it smart when up against the Clinton/DNC outfit.

They may have done it.

Judging from Guccifer 2.0's salutation and congratulations to Julian Assange, I think you really are on to something.

If Assange had received credible evidence of a clear threat to himself and the Ecuadorian Embassy, it would be very wise to step to the side and let someone else run with the information that would have been leaked by him and WikiLeaks.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This was a real let down to the Trump underground mob led by Alt-righter’s like Jones and Stone. It seems deliberate and actually helps Hillary tremendously.

If my conspiracy theory is correct (that their blackmailing Assange by threatening Bradley Manning) which I have only highly circumstantial proof of, and btw which I predicted would entail that Assange wouldn’t say or do a dam thing against Hillary, then it’s all going according to plan.

Assange has to take the heat off Hillary or else

You don't fool with these powerful people folks and get away with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The folks on Fox and Friends asked Julian the same question. His response:

'We do have some information about the Republican campaign,' Assange said on 'Fox & Friends.' But 'from the point of view of an investigative journalist organization like WikiLeaks, the problem with the Trump campaign is that it's actually hard for us to publish much more controversial material than what comes out of Donald Trump's mouth every second day'

I'm calling bs on that, Trump is a rambling loud mouth idiot, that's no excuse for only hacking Democrats. Assange is done, all respect is gone.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

I am sure he most likely is a "hold your nose" Trump supporter. He is the only other option. The establishment option wants Julian dead, so why would he not support the opposition?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

If someone was trying to murder you, wouldn't you support the only person that can take your attacker down?

I agree. Fighting the Globalist leads to some interesting bedfellows.
Just as the globalist have some interesting bedfellows that they typically would have nothing to do with, funding coups and rebels, keeping ISIS alive, etc.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

A good video! You've captured the reality of the situation.

If I come a cross a place on the Web where confusion reigns as to what Assange has actually stated I will post a link to your video.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Assange has cried wolf too many times about this already. Even if he has something at this point most will no longer pay attention.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

He also stated that he does indeed have an upcoming leak regarding Hillary Clinton.

Speaking of mis-quoting Assange...he never said he had an upcoming leak about Hillary Clinton.

He said that some of the information being released in the next 10 weeks has to do about the US Election. At another moment last night, he said it was about the US Election process. Then at a different time he said it had to do with the "power factions" that back candidates and how they have shifted.

But not once did he claim he had information strictly about Clinton.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'm calling bs on that, Trump is a rambling loud mouth idiot, that's no excuse for only hacking Democrats. Assange is done, all respect is gone.

Assange doesn't hack. He encourages whistle-blowers.

But yes, I've noticed quite a while back how respect will shift according to which political side is exposed more than the other.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

I am sure he most likely is a "hold your nose" Trump supporter. He is the only other option. The establishment option wants Julian dead, so why would he not support the opposition?

Julian Assange isn't an American citizen. So he can't vote for either of them.

But since he's a narcissist loon, he may feel some kinship with Donald Trump.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Julian did announce another million or so docs/emails to be released soon.

A million? That's more than 50x the size of the DNC "Leaks" release. Seems highly unlikely.

There is no benefit to sitting on information. Wikileaks has NEVER sat on info. As soon as they verify and sift through the information, they release it, and always have.

I beg to differ. One example that pops to mind: I'm still waiting on the bombshell release from 2010 that was going to bring down Russia. Remember that?

The MSM and alt media are now attacking Assange, claiming that he has let us down, and that he is "scamming" us. This simply is not the case.

Well that's your opinion but it's not one that I or many others share who have nothing to do with the media. I've written some recent threads about them that you might care to read:

Dissecting The WikiLeaks Russian Connection - Part One
Did WikiLeaks Exclude Syria To Russia Bank Transfer Emails From Syria Files?

You're a thoughtful poster with considered opinions and a view of WikiLeaks and Assange that obiously runs contrary to my own. Perhaps you'd care to add to discuss the finer points there as to not derail this thread?

What do you think?

Well I think it's curious that the Russians have released today what they claim to be documents from the Clinton Foundation through their "Guccifer 2.0" persona's wordpress blog. It could be that the documents that were given to WikiLeaks were revealed not to be pristine or inauthentic. If you'll notice, the DNC didn't even try to deny the authenticity of the DNC Leaks documents. I do believe that Assange has an agenda of his own (anti-US specifically, anti-West to a lesser extent) and an admitted vendetta against Clinton but he knows that if WikiLeaks gets busted outright releasing material that has been tampered with, it will severely undercut WikiLeaks's credibility which is already in question.

It could also be that he didn't want to release anything else sourced from the Russians because if they left forensic evidence behind like they did with the DNC hack and then WL released a batch of Clinton Foundation documents, it would further strengthen the believe that WL has become nothing more than a Russian front.

Another possibility is that they are saving the documents for a more strategic release date. Despite what you've asserted in your OP, it's obvious that they will hold off on releases unless you believe that they finished up the DNC "leaks" release just in time for the Democratic convention.?

Yet another possibility is that they're waiting on material to release that has been promised to them.

It could also be that there's nothing at all and he's just bluffing to keep WL in the headlines and books sales up. Unfortunately, WikiLeaks is far less transparent than the average Western government and completely undemocratic as it's under one man's unilateral control (ironic isn't it?).

<< 1    3  4 >>

join