It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Video Clip ObamaCare "Doesn't Work" - Failure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well this is a humdinger surprise I was not expecting. O.O

www.westernjournalism.com... 16-10-03&utm_campaign=manualpost

Short Version

Full Version thanks to Smurfy

Is this the twilight zone? lol Bill Clinton speaking openly and truthfully on ObamaCare.

“The people who are getting killed in this deal are the small businesspeople and individuals who make just a little too much to get in on these subsidies,”

Bill Clinton said.

“So you’ve got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care, and they … wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half,” he said.

“It doesn’t many any sense. The insurance model doesn’t work here,” Clinton said in discussing the government-run marketplaces created through Obamacare.

edit on 4-10-2016 by Realtruth because: Video add

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Probably a primer to the new and improved clinton-care, coming your way soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

It's funny how these parties create the problem, then become heroes when they come up with a solution. smh

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I can't think of one thing she has improved in her entire political career. Can you enlighten me?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

In reality its Bill doing what hes famous for. With 4 weeks till the election hes using a triangle technique "floating above the two sides in orde to pull both votes, then after tge win, they parlay the "bad Obama care " into a worse "single payer"

Research Hillary care the single payer proposed in the 90s...hes bumping the volleyball near the net for a single payer spike in a few months.

Millenials arent participating, insurer's are pulling out, seniors on fixed incomes have rates skyrocketing

It would be hillarious if it wasnt so scarey. The fix will be an across the board insurance tax for single payer...wait and see
edit on 4-10-2016 by BlueJacket because: damn auto correct

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Boy, I wish there was more than just this snippet so we could get the full context...

Oh, wait! There is!

Calm Down — Bill Clinton Didn’t Say Obamacare Is Terrible

That quotation, while accurate, doesn’t fully portray Bill Clinton’s argument for keeping the Affordable Care Act ― which has extended health coverage to 20 million people and cut the uninsured rate to a historic low ― and enhancing it with policies proposed by Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Bill Clinton accurately described the status quo as one where people who get health coverage from government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, and people who are eligible for subsidies under the Affordable Care Act, are well-covered ― but where people who earn too much for financial assistance can face high premiums:

More details at link.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If you listen carefully, they are setting up trying to introduce single payer.

Amazing isn't it? Obamacare was rammed down the throats of the country. Pundits, experts, and everyone warned that it would not work. Videos surface of the Obamacare architect, Jonathan Gruber, basically admitting they purposely weren't transparent and that the voters are too stupid to think for themselves. Not a single Republican voted for Obamacare. NOT. A. SINGLE. ONE.

Now these same liberals will turn around and basically admit it was a failure and that the only solution is yet more government. Of course, the sheeple liberals have forgotten by now that the issues were created by the very party that they are voting for.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Exactly, and guess who gets to pay for all the slack obamacare couldnt cover?

Why the same poor hardworking bastards as always, me and you.

Obamacare proved one thing, the only people willing to shoulder the burden of their fellow man is the hardworkers in the middle.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Yep, good old "triangulation". But hopefully this will lead to a single payer system. Or at least the introduction of a "public option".

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

I can't think of one thing she has improved in her entire political career. Can you enlighten me?

No, I really can't... because I can't think of one thing either

I'm just saying, if you think it's bad now, just wait until she gets involved.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Right but tgeres more subterfuge and you know it. O care was horrible to start with. It depended on tge youngcadults participating where they traditionally didnt.

The middle class carried the burden, the rich kept private insurance and the young flipped the bird cause they are saddled with insane college debt and no hope for the lavish jobs they feel entitled to.

Next single payer will be trotted out,vthe same player will be on the field and the same players in the middle will carry the lot,.....good thing o care made screwing me a law and a tax

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Im afraid the fix is in my friend, single payer will be funded by the middle

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What Bill Clinton clip are you watching? lol

I can tell you I'm a Democrat, and I appreciate his admission to the truth, because my original health care was canceled and then I ended up pay triple for less coverage.

The first step to solving an issue is admitting there is a problem, even if it was implemented by the Democrats.

Short Version

Full Version

edit on 4-10-2016 by Realtruth because: Video Add

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Her bank accounts

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I like a public option, honesty that creates great competition and the huge pool would lower prices.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Wait a second, don't blame the ACA/Obamacare on liberals. We wanted single payer from the start. Some were pushing for a "Medicare for All" version and others were willing to compromise with a "public option" included into the ACA/Obamacare.

But the Democratic Party ignored us when they made this abomination, which they famously modeled on Romneycare from Massachusetts. Harry Reid even had that stupid "Gang of Six" work on the majority of details for the Senate's version of the ACA, which was literally 3 Republicans and 3 Democrats. There are a bunch of different articles about this group and their influence on the ACA (like THIS and THIS). Here are 2 excerpts from the 2nd link to get the point across:

Mike Enzi, one of three Republicans ostensibly negotiating health care reform as part of the Senate’s “Gang of Six,” told a Wyoming town hall crowd that he had no plans to compromise with Democrats and was merely trying to extract concessions.

“It’s not where I get them to compromise, it’s what I get them to leave out,” Enzi said Monday, according to the Billings Gazette.

Enzi was also hit from the other side, as constituents criticized him for taking significant campaign cash from the health insurance industry while opposing a public insurance option that would compete with private plans and take a bit out of their bottom line.

And you're right that no Republicans voted for it. That was a major sticking point with the actual left wing. We kept saying that if Repubs weren't going to vote for it either way, we might as well push through what we really want, which was single payer healthcare.

But Pres Obama and the Democratic controlled Congress kept ignoring our ideas, even going so far as to say "the ACA/Obamacare was just the beginning", "even Medicare started out small", etc. But since they kept ignoring us, just as they'd ignored us on pulling out of Iraq, ending the drone war, prosecuting the Bush admin for torture & the Iraq War, and passing climate change legislation and immigration reform, they got trounced in the midterm elections.

edit on 4-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: clarification & typos. typing too fast. grr...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I like a public option, honesty that creates great competition and the huge pool would lower prices.

Here's what amazing me about ATS and the absolute blindness of partisanship, on either side; The fact that people can't put away their partisan ignorance, and use a bit of critical thinking skills to see there is actually problems baffles me.

These people would rather chew their leg off to get, out of a trap, than to admit the truth about a major national screw-up.

I'm glad Bill Clinton had the guts to say all this.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Isn't that how it was before it was mandatory?

Honestly, things would be a lot better if healthcare was not only not mandatory, but unpopular. Healthcare providers would have to lower their pricing to be attainable by the average person in order to stay in business, rather than pushing the costs to unobtainable levels.

Honestly, from what I've seen, the cost AFTER insurance "helps" is about as much as your average person can swing for the healthcare they get anyway- meaning that's where the prices would have to level out if we didn't have insurance.... only then, we wouldn't also be making the insurance companies richer.

I swear the people never think anything through. If a politician suggests something, chances are it's a bad idea designed to benefit the rich.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Im afraid the fix is in my friend, single payer will be funded by the middle

Unfortunately, I don't think we're getting single payer or a public option. I think we'll get a few tweaks to the existing ACA/Obamacare, and then some new "crisis" will divert the nation's attention. The healthcare industry has too much profit to lose to let comprehensive health care reform pass.
edit on 4-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Probably just laying the groundwork for 'Medicare for All,' so that the shadow federal government's organized crime ring can reap profits in false Medicare claims.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join