It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to identify this coin/amulet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Nice find !

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
OP...Glad you have found out more about your coin and it's a very nice one at that, keep it safe and it might be worth a pretty penny in the future.

Thanks for making the thread cause it's been a great read

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You found it. In a field. 15th century coin... just chilling... in a field. Why can't I ever be this lucky?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I'll add to what you already learned - the loop was cast with the coin (no solder joint.) It's not in the style of an ancient amulet and the material is not silver but a silvery pewter (silver actually has a different color.)

That made it modern. But Zeus is a wonderful symbol to have around! Zeus was a creator god and a protector (powerful one.)

...we can skip the shady parts of his biography, right?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Here's one i found last week on a field in Scotland. Henry VI 1422-30 minted in Calais. Used as a Amulet at some point with the Cross (God) being more important than the King.

Solo, you're making me want to try my metal detector out around my bit. Where did you find that?

And congratulations to your young lad, EartOccupant, whether real or repro, to him it will be a priceless artifact (assuming he is a young[/I] lad ha ha

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Here's one i found last week on a field in Scotland. Henry VI 1422-30 minted in Calais. Used as a Amulet at some point with the Cross (God) being more important than the King.

Solo, you're making me want to try my metal detector out around my bit. Where did you find that?

And congratulations to your young lad, EartOccupant, whether real or repro, to him it will be a priceless artifact (assuming he is a young[/I] lad ha ha

Earth occupant is no relation to me..? I found the coin in Central Scotland with my metal detector.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CazOuillette
You found it. In a field. 15th century coin... just chilling... in a field. Why can't I ever be this lucky?

You need a Metal Detector. In saying that. in the next field my detector buddy found a Gold queen viccy Soveriegn on the surface. The farmers plough brings new stuff up every year.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Earth occupant is no relation to me..? I found the coin in Central Scotland with my metal detector.

Sorry for the confusion I realise that, just put two replies in one. Yours inspired me to dig out my metal detector because I also live in Scotland

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Pretty cool!

I picked this up at a pawn shop in Co. early 90's.

$180.00 if I remember right. 27 gr of 18k gold.

I got in touch with a coin guy online.

Here is what he said.

Sorry to take so long replying. It has been a hectic month. The coin is from Thasos, islands off the Thracian coast of Greece. It dates to the late 5th-mid 4th Century BC and the denomination is a trihemiobol. These are fairly common; depending on condition most are worth between $50 and $100. I hope this was helpful. Please let me know if I can be of further help. Regards, Guy Clark

Anyway, this is where I wrote to him, if you want to try and see if he can give you more info.
I wrote to him 10ya. so Not sure if the address is still valid.

[email protected]

Nice find.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So it took a while, but we are back : )

We managed to get a shot from the side.

It looks a little curious, although there is a seam in sight, it does not appear to be a casting seam.

But.. then again.. I post it to get your opinions.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yeah, It's a reproduction.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

tnx But why ?

Is this a casting seam?

And when it is a reproduction... there should be more.. We can not find any other so far..

I guess the next step is to determine its silver or not.

Any suggestions besides acid?

Its not magnetic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join