It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigil magic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jufak
So i was wondering if anyone of you ever tried it or heard/read of it. If you did what do you think would happen if one would do a sigil like "all the evil from world is gone"? I find it kinda funny/interesting to debate it
if you didn't do it then what do you guys think of sigil magic?

I am new to this forum actually this is my first post so i did not know where to properly post this thread soni went with secret societies.

Sigil magic, or any other magic, or religion, or tarot or reading tea leaves or the I Ching or ANYTHING that is performed with an open heart and mind, like that, is another means of accessing the 'inner Guru'.
They re all forms of mandala, creating a 'space' where one can enter deeper depths of Consciousness than in everyday life.
That path embarked upon honestly, humbly, sincerely, will bear fruit.
The workings of the ego bear egoic fruit.
Magic is that "your Will B Done!"
Vanity, ego, but the sincere practice will take you beyond the passing parade of the ego. *__-

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Yeah but looking at his posting history he sounds like he is a proud Scandinavian and I'm only guessing here, perhaps he thinks runes hold more "authenticity". If so he understands little of sigils as we have already deduced.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well, ill break it down simple.. Always a purpose to something, Pentagram is based on Sufism i bet you two knew that?
And i even know exactly what it is based on.. And im pretty sure you two dont..

As long as it is spiritual, you can do whatever you like for yourself.. Just dont trick innocent people like the OP into stuff you two know nothing about..

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

"The Pentagram is based on Sufism" .... so this symbol found in cave paintings, found in Sumer, found in Pythagorean practices, found in so many places ... is based off of a Islamic mysticism?

Not a chance.

While that Hexagram has no mystical meaning in my practices (bet you thought because I'm a pagan, I use it. Wrong), I know its history.

So either expand what you mean by "the Pentagram is based on Sufism" or recant.

Perhaps you are reading some Gurdjieff?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Egoic is more reptile,I use it to survive poverty,but some of the rituals of a harder life's culture can be less than honorable and rude.
It's VERY distracting.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
inner journey, self judgement,3 Maji, Solomon, guide, key seal of all created, in density reality, who founded the point to point, symbolism interference, sigil magic or ?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

First truthful thing you said in all your posts;" Your practices " dont teach someone who is a novice things that is yours as something right...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You know nothing of my practices... Jon Snow

You are also wrong about the hexagram.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Pentagram, never mentioned hexagram..

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You are correct, I used the wrong word. My bad. I should have been concentrating. None the less you are wrong about the Petagram. You have yet to demonstrate it is from Sufism. Do you perhaps mean a specific usage of it. It is just a symbol

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Doesnt matter, what you think, when there is a observation, symbology and ritual still existing.. If you want to teach him spirituality and basic botany using sigil/seals based on your own research, go ahead.. Teaching him that you know, universal seals / sigils , is bad, when you dont know ..

Difference is having a tutor and a mentor, im guessing your lacking one?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You need to show evidence for any statement you make. Not assume we will accept it. See here is the thing. You still have shown not one iota of evidence you have credibility in this area. Instead you are resorting to ad hominen attacks, and the other logical fallacies.

So prove that Sufism is the basis for the petagram. All it takes is one credible source.

Similarly rather than say "I know nothing about universal seals/sigils". You have to show that too. Indeed start with showing that it is universal. Your personal gnosis/dogma do not count as evidence. Indeed they will count against it. UNLESS you can again show a credible source.

I am not here to be anyones teacher, just share the knowledge I've aquired over the last 25 or so years.

Also what the feck does botany have to do with this? Illucidate me, it best not be because I identify with nDraiocht. T Hat would put the nail in the coffin of your credibility.

Also it is you're not your. YOU ARE just saying.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Ask any freemason in here, Dr. Druid. My point was, dont trick people

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Oh Masons. Your evidence is Masons. Well we know you have a fetish for them. I best not post pictures of my Great grandfathers regalia. You will get all indignant.

Nope, you have to cite the evidence from a credible source. NOT state something is so, and not back it up.

I don't trick people neighbor. You however are trying to set yourself up as a guru.

Prove you know what sigils are, prove your supposition about the pentagram being derived from Sufism.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Everyones grandfather or greatgrandfather has a regalia.. Most countries in the modern era who got rid of kingship and religion invited freemasonry instead..

Well i could actually reference it to something; "

Chapter 11, The Sufis written by Idries Shah

I think this man has a lot more credibility than me and especially "You"

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Evening Noinden,

On the first page you gave some instructions for creating a sigil, which I would copy and past here for convenience sake, but, though I've never had trouble before, I can't seem to paste this particular bit of text at this time for some reason.

Out of curiosity I've don't a little bit of reading about magic and I'm wondering how what I've read stacks up against your experience/knowledge as an actual practitioner.

My understanding is that the use of sigils as you instruct is a relatively new way of using/creating them and that its unique to chaos magic. I'm referring specifically to the individual nature, the uniqueness of it. Seems like there are various end sigils that could/likely would come out of your instructions for the same purpose and that within your belief system this isn't a concern. In contrast, my understanding is that if you go back in history, say pre 1900's, while there might be disagreement about which was the correct sigil for a given situation/or standard for a particular entity, it was believed that somewhere or another there was a correct sigil and if not only one, then a smallish finite set of correct ones.

Hope you can find a few minutes to address this. Too be clear, I stand ready to be corrected if you disagree with the above outline or find some fault in my understanding.

Regards,

Billy

edit on 6-10-2016 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Yes that was a more modern way of doing it. People who think there is "one way" of doing these things, are not going to get very far. I put down the modern method as it is not culturally tied (I'm against cultural appropriation where at all possible). Many of the methods of Chaos Magic derive from Austin Osman Spare.

The OP did not state he wanted a culturally authentic way of doing it. He wanted a way of doing it. I gave him just that. A way of doing it. It might work for him. I also saw his question in the form of theoretical applications. Its not a "no more mutants" kind of moment (if the reference means anything to you).

My own personal practices are culturally based, and as I said (elsewhere in this thread) , I don't use sigils there. I use other methods, including Ogam/Ogham.

BUT. I've worked with Chaos Magicians, I've been in the OTO and one of the Golden Dawns, and I've trained with a Kaballahist (when I was still settling into what worked for me). I did not share these methods, again as they derive from a cultural practice. I don't belong to that culture. Hence I don't feel I had permission.

All this boils down to the fact, there is no evidence that there is a single way to do any form of Magic. People who talk about "universal laws" are usually trying to push an agenda.

Please always feel free to question a post of mine.

Cheers

Gareth

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Oh and exactly what does he state? Because The history would state that you are not correct, and miss read what was said.

Yes he is a credible source on sufism, that does not mean he is correct on the pentacle. Assuming he said what you said he did. An exact quote is expected.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Dedication to a single thing will always pave the way for the one who follow..

He understands, and he observes..

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

See your link even states what it is, so what do you do with it?? Paint lovely pictures? You blind?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join