It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigil magic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So i was wondering if anyone of you ever tried it or heard/read of it. If you did what do you think would happen if one would do a sigil like "all the evil from world is gone"? I find it kinda funny/interesting to debate it
if you didn't do it then what do you guys think of sigil magic?

I am new to this forum actually this is my first post so i did not know where to properly post this thread soni went with secret societies.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Never heard of it, what's it about?

And welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Seems like you are so focused on the outcome of your sigel during its creation and progection that it is very similar to "positive thinking" or even self hypnosis. Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jufak

Yes indeed I know what it is, yes I have done it, and no sigils don't work that way.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

How do they work?
i'm just really interested and curious
and why do the not work that way

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The magic seems to work better with more specific, personal matters ... rather than broad spectrum requests that effect many others with possibly opposing wants.

I used to think it all bull excrement, until I finally tried it. I was shaken when a near stranger showed up at my door with the exact sigil request within one hour of the completed ceremony... scaring the crap outta me and I never tried it again.

Of course, it could be coincidence and all the folks attesting to efficacy through the eons could be mistaken... or there could be truth to magical practice.

Personally, I now tend to think that living with clear intentions creates its own magic, thus rendering sigils moot... but what do I know?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Oi ... "how do they work" see that is a hard one to explain simply. But here goes:

In many ways they are a form of prayer. You are crafting a complex (well probably) symbol, with a goal in mind. So these are a symbolic representation of what you intend.

So if I (me, Noinden, Gareth, Dr Gar Gar) wanted to have all evil gone from the world (I don't, that is not something I wish for), and I prayed for protection to one of my gods it would do something like this:

Oh Morrigan
I call to you,
Daughter of Ernmas,
Sister of battle and sovereignty,
I call to you
Goddess of war-craft,
victory, and death
I call to you Great Queen
Morrigu, Lady of Phantoms
Be with me now
May your strong shield be between
myself and all harm and danger
May your sharp sword be between
myself and all who would attack me
May your magical skill be between
myself and all ill-will and ill-wishing
Morrigan, Great Goddess
May your protection be on me
today, tomorrow, and forever
today, tomorrow, and forever

Thus to craft a symbol like this, to "have all evil gone from the world" would be your intention.

Here is one way to do it:

But you need to logically think it through first
(1) What is my will? Write it out. "All evil be gone from the world"
(2)Remove the vowels, repeat letters, space, punctuation etc. Thus lvbnfrmthwd
(3) Combine the letters into one big pattern and begin reducing it into a simpler image. I'm not going to do that here
(4) Cast it. ALSO not going to do that here.
(5) Once cast you have to aid it, not just sit on your hands waiting. SO you have to ease the removal of "evil" from the world. Remeber the Gods (I'm a Polytheist so its plural to me) don't just give you what you want, you have to earn it.

There are many other ways to do this though they all start with "what do I want". Now the problem with your "wish" is that what is evil? No seriously. Can you state simply what it is? Will that ever change?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I used sigil magic to attract an exotic Asian beauty. I barely made it out of that relationship alive.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I totally agree with you.. evil kinda cant be simply explain as it is perception involved.. i think anyone have a different explanations of evil so it cant be gone..

Ty for info about sigils though

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You can also argue (I also don't follow this philosophy) that you can't have good, with out evil. To me its more that the world is best when it is in ballance. To much love will kill you just as much as too much hate will.

No worries about the quick run down on sigils. I'm a Neopagan, and I poke into occult things. Sigils are not something I play with much, but I know the drill. I prefer Ogam myself.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Creating effective sigils is complicated.
It's an art in that you have to be facing the right direction, use the correct tone of voice during your invocation.
Many aspects are to be paid attention to in their creation.
What tools you will use to craft or "write" your sigil.
Sometimes sacrifices are required to imbue your symbol with power.
I would not start with sigils - if you're interested in pursuing that path first
learn proper invocation.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

While I agree with the "learn proper invocation" and would add learn a magical system. I am not 100% in agreement with the "face the correct direction bit.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So you caught my attention, you have done it, could you show me one of your sigils?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Have I done sigil magic. Yes. Will I show you one? Nope. I'll show many aspects of my spiritual path (lets call it Neopaganism, that is not related to wicca, and leave it there unless you really are interested). My magical workings tend to be private matters.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Ill tell you a story from the magic realm..

In the 1920s, Making your own sigil magic was outlawed mostly cause of the trickery and deceit that followed with it which was used by people with a bad intention.. The implications of doing your own sigil magic is when you actually dont know what you are doing could be damaging on a monstrous scale.. Well it was once.. Today there are regulations to make sure no-one tricks and cons ordinary people into a non human behavior..

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Do you have the knowledge to make sigil magic? Or you just draw things from the imagination?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
sounds like another name for the Law of Attraction, or the placebo or nocebo effect, monitor and control your thoughts and things start happening to make these thoughts transpire into reality i am starting to notice things more often now and i am gradually getting better and better at doing it, my only problem is procrastination now, well its more like an over confidence that i have no need to worry about anything and that im gonna be what i set out to be, the only problem with this is with this approach and having deadlines for uni coursework etc, is you need a sense of urgency or you think i will be fine and you have 4 hours to write a 2000 word essay...........but then i think of Nike and i JUST DO IT.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Yes I do have the knowledge to make a sigil. As I've said in another post in this thread, its not my go too technique. I much prefer working with Ogam, its culturally more appropriate to my spiritual practices.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"In medieval ceremonial magic, the term sigil was commonly used to refer to occult signs which represented various angels and demons which the magician might summon. The magical training books called grimoires often listed pages of such sigils"

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I don't suppose you could cite your source, out of politeness to the author?

Also what was your point?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join