It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western offensive on Mosul immiment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi wants to capture Mosul this year and the push on the city could start as soon as this month, according to local military commanders.

Mosul, with a pre-war population of 2 million, is the last major city under control of Islamic State in Iraq and its capture would signal the group's defeat in this country

The Iraqi Army with the support of US military will be launching an offensive assault on the Iraqi city of Mosul in the coming days or weeks. Mosul is said to be "the largest currently ISIS held city". This appears to be an effort to destroy ISIS in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

i thought the mission was accomplished.. never mind.
the U.S. cant keep up with all these wars against "x" or "x". one day, maybe not in my lifetime, the US will see some sort of peace time...
edit on 4-10-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

There will be war as long as there are resources to pillage and money to be made, and power to gain.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Mousygretchen

i thought the mission was accomplished.. never mind.
the U.S. cant keep up with all these wars against "x" or "x". one day, maybe not in my lifetime, the US will see some sort of peace time...

Peace could be achieved via a mass indoctrination into something that can not be disputed.

-Blink 182

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

My thoughts exactly. The useful idiots (ISIS) have served their purpose. Time to get rid of them. The US has bigger things to worry about, like starting WWIII.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Western attempts to push ISIS from Mosul into Syria are already foiled!
edit on 15-10-2016 by Flanker86 because: c

top topics

join