It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia holds massive nuclear war exercise involving 40MILLION people

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Incorrect - The old civil defense was updated and moved to fall under FEMA and Department of Homeland Security. The focus shifted from nuclear war / military attack to also include natural disasters in addition to terrorism.

Fallout shelters still exist and with newest building constructions the basement of a building with 10 stories or more can shield against the 3 types of radiation. Buildings that are larger provides protection in the basement and the higher floors so long as it is at least more than a mile / not facing the impact zones.

In the horrible event of a nuclear exchange no amount of preparation or shelters will save us. All those facilities will do is prolong the inevitable.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: FamCore

Both.

Obama has pushed the world to the brink of nuclear war.

For what? is the question of course.

This is indeed the single most important question the U.S. electorate has to ask. And the time is now.

Are Americans willing to sacrifice global peace for the underlying reasons behind U.S. foreign policy (which really are a U.S. domestic/economic conundrum)?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Xc: "with Russia's invasion of Georgia and Ukraine they validated NATO's continued existence"

Validated NATO'S existence..

Your contradiction reinforces my point
NATO was designed and purposed to counter Russia.

Funny You bring up Georgia and Ukraine, both Aspiring NATO members at the time of conflict, and It's no coincidence.

edit on 5-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Funny You bring up Georgia and Ukraine, both Aspiring NATO members at the time of conflict, and It's no coincidence.

Correct.. The "coincidence" those 2 countries share is they were also occupied by the USSR for a long time. Like the other E. European countries they are wanting to join NATO to make sure they arent occupied by Russia.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Fellows, I really don't want to upset you, seems like you had a good chat, but you were misinformed by tabloid journalists who were happy to sell you another hot warmongering news. The official statements by the Ministry of Emergency Situations for media can be found here and here. It's not a "nuclear war exercise" and it's not "military tensions rise with US" connected with, no red alert, keep calm & ignore tabloids.))

There is an incomparably higher probability of damage from your own governments' actions (for you and the world).
edit on 2016 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
the siren youtu.be... 5 months ago, the danger of floods. after sirens was not in my city with a million inhabitants

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulOfCeres

The only possible scenario i can ever see a significant nuclear exchange happening from is when the oil really begins to run dry, energy and food become rather more scarce, and the first world nuclear capable nations become desperate to the point of attempting to annihilate the competition over the remaining resources.

There is no end game regarding a full on nuclear war other than the complete and utter annihilation of our societies, info structure and way of life.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

I have sort of courted a theory that TPTB know that global warming is out of control (or, if you dont subscribe to climate change, maybe they think the "useless eaters" are consuming all the worlds resources too much), and the only way to stop it, is to reduce the population drastically. So they have a limited nuclear war, kill off a large segment of us, and sit in their posh underground bunkers for a couple of years until the fallout gets low enough for them to re-emerge and have the planet and all its resources all to themselves. Hopefully they aren't this crazy, this planet will NEVER be the same after such a terrible poisoning of the biosphere.

Putting on my tin foil hat.

And that may be why they are pushing all of the vaccines,and coming up with more all the sudden. To reduce the spread of disease among those that are forced into tiny underground spaces.

Or maybe it has something to do with....

The Morlocls/TPTB have to have a food supply.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Sounds like a smart idea... doing drills, that is.

No; it is a propaganda exercise. The governments of the world know that a nuclear war is not survivable. However, they can manipulate their citizens into believing that their leaders are concerned for their welfare, and that the enemies of that government pose an existential threat to the people. Both sides practiced this dissimulation during the Cold War. Remember taking cover under your school desk? Did you really believe that would protect you from an aerial hydrogen bomb blast? Putin's government has resurrected the confidence game to tighten his psychological hold on the Russian people. It has the side benefit of making other countries wary of Russia's attitude towards using nuclear weapons. As one of Putin's idols put it: "It is better to be feared than loved."

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The big problem with that is that re-read what you just said and understand that you are bargaining with the lives of those who live in the Ukraine as if they shouldn't have any say in that. Russia wants them, so Russia ought to have them, Hope you don't live in the Ukraine and so sorry if your relatives were some of those purposefully starved to death under the Soviets ... hope Russia doesn't do that to you again.

But you know, Russia wants the Ukraine, so we'll just cavalierly bargain an entire nation of people over to them ...

Number one Ukraine is not a real country, it was always tied in with Moscow. Number two I don't live in Ukraine, hence what happens happens to them is not worth my death. Especially when the Ukraine has been taken over by western orchestrated plot. In addition to which half the population lean towards Russia anyway, while at the same time many in the western part have Nazi leaning politics. I'm not gonna die or expect my people in Britain to suffer conscription to fight Russia or even worse face 500 nukes landing on my island and ultimatley die a horrible death. For what? Let Russia have Ukraine

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Pluginn

Feel free to provide the comprehensive list of conflicts you are referring to and the sources you pulled them from please.

ok here a few links:
www.washingtonsblog.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

theantimedia.org...

readersupportednews.org...

scientistsascitizens.org...
edit on 5-10-2016 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The governments of the world know that a nuclear war is not survivable.

For us Nuclear war is likely not survivable but they have contingency plans in place , paid for by us , so they can survive it , nobody wants war but if it comes it's easier to deal with if you know you and your family will survive.

The Nuclear option won't be the first option to be used but if a hot war does start between East and West I think it will become inevitable as either side approaches defeat.
I don't wish to be a Doom monger but I'm genuinely concerned by the direction we are traveling , I think the order of the day is be prepared because no one knows how this will play out.

We are currently in a scientific Golden age yet we are still ruled by monkeys with sticks , how ironic.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Reports are getting a little thicker this morning if these sources are to be believed:

The Sun | Russian State Newspapers Predict "Direct Conflict" With The US

Metro | Russia tells citizens ‘nuclear war with the West could happen soon’

The Sun | Panic as two Russian bombers blast across Europe

Here's a related ATS thread from another member:
ATS | Russia tells citizens to 'prepare for nuclear war with West'
edit on 5-10-2016 by SoulOfCeres because: added link to another thread

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulOfCeresI don't think anyone besides Iran, North Korea, or ISIS would be stupid enough to actually use one of those hell makers.

not that hard of a stretch when you realize that the u.s. is aiding some of those factions you named.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This whole thing has become insane. I don't trust the Russian's and never will, nor have they ever been up to much "good".

That being said Thatcher and Bush essentially assured the Russian's after the wall fell with "we won't expand NATO east, and certainly not to your borders". And yet that's what we have done. Accepting Poland into NATO made some sense, and Russia tacitly allowed it. NATO messing in the Balkins they turned a blind eye too, they didn't want to mess with it, let the West.

BUT, when Latvia and Estonia became NATO members they sat up and took real notice. Same when we started meddling in Ukraine. Imagine Texas broke off from the US, then the Russians came in and started messing around in Texas. Maybe putting in joint training exercise with the Texas Army. That would concern people in the US mightly. I can't blame Putin and the Red's, err...Russians for being pissed.

That being said nuclear saber rattling is just as stupid. Especially with how poorly Obama has managed the middle east and Syria. it's starting to look like the last chapter of the Bible.

Crazy

Oh speaking of Texas it's OU v Texas weekend. Texas sucks, BOOMER SOONER!!!!
edit on 5-10-2016 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

40 million??!! 1/4 of Russia population? Not possible.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Likely not, with the cost involved.

However; Russia does have a vast Civil Defense Program as compared to the West. Wouldn't surprise me if they have a large drill. Perhaps to mine shafts.

"MR PRESIDENT, we cannot allow a MINE SHAFT GAP!!!"

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This is worrying. I do not know if Putin has lost the plot or if he is actually making a sincere point of America building suspicious defences. This sure needs to be spoke about among Americans more, to help determine if something dark is really going on within american government. Since cold war is was in agreement that America would in tern with Russia not produce advanced weapons and thus if they are of course puts Russia in a worried state. Again, speculation. However this is concerning.

What the fu*k is up with the world we live in. Power complex, with an inferior complex.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SrWingCommander

That being said Thatcher and Bush essentially assured the Russian's after the wall fell with "we won't expand NATO east, and certainly not to your borders". And yet that's what we have done. Accepting Poland into NATO made some sense, and Russia tacitly allowed it. NATO messing in the Balkins they turned a blind eye too, they didn't want to mess with it, let the West.

BUT, when Latvia and Estonia became NATO members they sat up and took real notice. Same when we started meddling in Ukraine. Imagine Texas broke off from the US, then the Russians came in and started messing around in Texas. Maybe putting in joint training exercise with the Texas Army. That would concern people in the US mightly. I can't blame Putin and the Red's, err...Russians for being pissed.

Exactly
Russia and its people have their pride. They're biting back now after being provoked by big heads.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Maybe it will wake up the zombies

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join