It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Russia holds massive nuclear war exercise involving 40MILLION people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The big problem with that is that re-read what you just said and understand that you are bargaining with the lives of those who live in the Ukraine as if they shouldn't have any say in that. Russia wants them, so Russia ought to have them, Hope you don't live in the Ukraine and so sorry if your relatives were some of those purposefully starved to death under the Soviets ... hope Russia doesn't do that to you again.

But you know, Russia wants the Ukraine, so we'll just cavalierly bargain an entire nation of people over to them ...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Starting to get scary but I feel fine now because I have just watched the USA training video incase the bombs fall.

Thank you Bert the Turtle you have saved us all.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

or people can go to the nuclear shelters located in large cities that are considered first strike targets...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm under no illusions.

I live in a city that's a major rail hub. If the bombs fall, I meet my maker.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: TinfoilTP

if it weren't for the starch in his shirt Obama wouldnt be able to stand erect.

Maybe Russia should not have invaded Georgi or Ukraine or occupy territory in Moldova.

Maybe if Obama didn't go around the world apologizing and drawing red lines broadcasting unprecedented weakness, none of those things would have happened. Weakness invites aggression and there is no position for weakness at any negotiating table. Remember the live mic where Obama leans into Putin telling him how he will bend over and take it prison yard style after he gets re elected? Russia got all it wanted so I guess Obama's promise to Putin was true.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You remind me of (very) old people in my country, hating Germany still after the war is a long time behind us but they still are stuck in that same sentiment... and impossible to make them think otherwise.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Good for you, we have all the plans for resettlement already laid out right there:

It walks!

edit on 4-10-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Well for starters he never told Putin that however he did tell Dmitry Medvedev that he would have more room after the election.

While appeasement leads to bad things the act of aggression is still coming from Russia. If a war erupts it will be because of Russian action and not American inaction.

It takes 2 to tango.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

You remind me of (very) old people in my country, hating Germany still after the war is a long time behind us but they still are stuck in that same sentiment... and impossible to make them think otherwise.

And you would be wrong. I have nothing towarsd the Russian people but sympathy as they have gtten raw deal after raw deal from their government. Its the Russian government I have issues with. If you are going to try and analyze someone get it right.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm under no illusions.

I live in a city that's a major rail hub. If the bombs fall, I meet my maker.

same here.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Pretty much same deal, you are stuck in your feelings for Russia and how old are you? You must be a pretty old chap no?

I loved the USA allot, I changed now I really dislike the USA government the most of any country and consider them the most dangerous by far!!!

But sure nice people there...
edit on 4-10-2016 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
2 to tango would take the form of a permanent missile shield (defensive and offensive), a 28 nation military alliance and bases surrounding and bordering your country.
2 to tango, I think not.

link   
dp
edit on 4-10-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
glitch in the matrix

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

No its not the same and if you think that then you have an issue with comprehension. Its like Iran... The issue is not with the Iranian people but the Iranian government. Iranians feel the same.. They dont have issues with the citizens of the US but the US government. Not being able to make that difference is a sign of ancient thinking.

No I am not that old. I ma in my 30's.

I love the USA. I hate the current government we have and think the should be in prison for corruption among other things.

Whats sad is pro russians are incapable of understanding how that concept works. Its possible to love your country and being patriotic while not supporting the government.

Loyalty should belong with the country as a whole and not to the leaders.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
2 to tango would take the form of a permanent missile shield (defensive and offensive), a 28 nation military alliance and bases surrounding and bordering your country.
2 to tango, I think not.

You guys keep repeating the same failed arguments. If NATO was such a threat to Russia then why was Russia a member of the NATO partners for peace programs? Russia has said numerous times our missile shield could not stop their weapons and the US government agreed with them, noting its not designed towards Russia or China but iran and N. korea.

Secondly Russia has an nmd system around Moscow and stems from agreements from back in the 1960's / 1970's.

A missile shield is defensive only.

Russia is not surrounded and continually repeating that lie doesnt make it any more true. All it does is reinforce the belief people have never looked at a map. The Us and Russia share a border and have for a long time now.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Let's just examine the Propaganda Value already gained by Russia from having this huge exercise:
- the whole world is talking about the possibility of nuclear war and potential for devastation.
And yet, What convenient timing to potentially influence the upcoming Presidential election!?
The Motive for attempting to influence the election is suspect, for who benefits?
(Besides maybe the Russians for: 1. getting prepared; and 2. appearing to expect the US to launch first)

Will the voting public think Trump or Hillary is more likely to hit the nuke switch

before
the Russians do? Because if the Russians nuke the US first, it won't matter what anybody thinks (IMHO).

How will the public make their decision? Based on Rhetoric? Or Action? That could go either way (IMHO).

Which candidate's past actions and words can be used against them to greatest advantage by the other? That will depend on who has the better spin team (IMHO). Although HRC has a definite advantage delivering scripted Rhetoric, and Trump seems adept at "thinking on his feet" or "gitin' wound up" or [insert colloquial expression here].

What other potentially important influencing factors in the daily news are we being distracted from at this time?
Like when the FBI just happens to wait until late on Friday (after the news writers go home) to release public information and avoid any public scrutiny/outcry (at least over the weekend) - hopefully, the story goes unnoticed (at least until the spin docs have rebuttals & counters).

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Russia wont use nukes any more than the US will..

Neither side would win.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

But I wasn't talking about people you mentioned ''people'' and sure everywhere people are just people living their lives and we are all pretty much the same! I understand that.

People don't want war, although sometimes they get patriotic and stupid like after 9-11...

And it doesn't really matter what you or I think, we can't change 1 thing! sure you can vote but still meaningless.

Putin sure is old in his ways but he ain't hard, he only gets hard when you make him that way... Russia is simple and can be trusted and can be easy the best ally you could wish for for another country... but only can be taken so far and when pushing them to far can become very dangerous fast for sure!

The US on the other hand can't be trusted at all, they care about control and power... the biggest arm dealer and they don't like it when they can't have their way and morally totally broken.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join