It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

ClintonKaine.com....Now that is a funny troll...Well played Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So....Donald Trump bought the domain clintonkaine.com and has made it a "Drudge" style site reporting on all of the negative aspects of Hillary's campaign.

This is actually pretty genius if you ask me. If it truly is Drudge style and just pulls all negative things about Hillary and Kaine then it is brilliant!

I am kind of shocked that Clinton and Kaine did not cover this domain....I would think that would have been a pretty obvious one to snatch up.

Anywho...

The website..... ClintonKaine.com

And the source story.... Source

USA TODAY reports that a man called Jeremy Peter Green bought the domain for $7.30 in 2011 but recently sold the domain to the Trump campaign for $15,000.

The bottom of the page now reads: “Paid for by Donald J. Trump For President, Inc.” with a link to the official Trump campaign website. Green revealed that although he plans on voting for Clinton, he is “very happy to have Trump’s money,” adding that the Clinton campaign told him they could not afford it.

“I bought it because I knew that if Clinton-Kaine ended up being the 2016 ticket, I would be able to use the web traffic have some fun with domain, and eventually sell it. I sold the domain because I wanted money,” he said. “”Clinton’s campaign said they couldn’t afford anywhere near that though, claiming not to have a discretionary budget for this sort of thing, and offered me $2,000,” he continued.

And it is already coming up as the 1st hit on the 1st page of a google search for Clinton Kaine....LOL!!

edit on 10/4/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There's good money to be had in speculative domain sales.

Smart man, Green.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Because Clinton and Kaine are morons who can't think for themselves and have no private sector experience.

That's why we don't want to elect them.

They are dumb.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Because Clinton and Kaine are morons who can't think for themselves and have no private sector experience. That's why we don't want to elect them.

It doesn't matter what "we" want. It has been determined in advance and Hillary is the choice of TPTB

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

Smart man, Green.

Ha...yeah....got it for under $8 and sold for $15K....not bad at all. I love how he says he offered it to Hillary first and is even supporting her for POTUS and they turned it down because they didn't have the money...

Whoops....he just bought it a couple days ago I believe and I bet the traffic to that site is going to skyrocket. Trump will likely make his money back just allowing some advertising on there at this point...

May be one of the best trolls of the election methinks....

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
According to web traffic analyzers it is getting 4800 web views per day already....not bad at all. That is only going to increase when word gets out about it. It ranks 422,000 as far as sites go in the world right now and with over a billion sites out there I would say that isn't too shabby....I bet it jumps in the next week pretty quickly too.

Man I have to say I think this is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. While super childish, it is truly a brilliant way to get all the bad stuff you want to out about someone at a site that is likely searched and most would associate with the Clinton campaign in general....

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh boy Trump really got them!

Spent 15k on a website the clinton campaign didn't want to spend more than 2k on it.

Wonder what the average views or clicks were on it before this happened.
Do you have a transcript where they say they couldn't afford it? I am just reading that is all they offered to him, not they told him the campaign could not afford it.

edit on thTue, 04 Oct 2016 12:46:52 -0500America/Chicago1020165280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thTue, 04 Oct 2016 12:48:01 -0500America/Chicago1020160180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Amusing links, too- looks to be mostly stuff the msm would cover, but I don't follow them. Let me guess- they're not?

I wonder if the clinton foundation will respond with a webpage dedicated to all the stupid # trump says.

At this point, I'm not sure why they bother- any true supporters of either would follow their chosen candidate to prison, where the majority of us are somewhere in the middle wondering why these idiots are the only ones who seem to be running.
There's nothing either candidate could do to gain or lose any more real supporters, so I guess they're just seeing who they can disgust less out of the remaining people?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Do you hear yourselves, praising a troll?

Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Oh boy Trump really go them!

Spent 15k on a website the clinton campaign didn't want to spend more than 2k on it.

Wonder what the average views or clicks were on it before this happened.

According to what I found it jumped to over 4K per day in July but didn't have anything really on it. Trump just bought it a couple/few days ago. My guess is it will get a lot more views.

I can't imagine the 4k/day prior were people looking for anything but the Clinton Kaine campaign though.

Pretty smart I would say....he is now able to advertise anything bad about her/them to a website that many wI'll likely look up.

This was an epic troll IMHO.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Of course it is going to jump now, he has his army of reddit that will just flood it. He could do that with really any website really.
How is it a troll to buy a website that the Clinton campaign didn't want?

I know he is the do no wrong super genius but come on now.
edit on thTue, 04 Oct 2016 12:51:10 -0500America/Chicago1020161080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Amusing links, too- looks to be mostly stuff the msm would cover, but I don't follow them. Let me guess- they're not?

I wonder if the clinton foundation will respond with a webpage dedicated to all the stupid # trump says.

At this point, I'm not sure why they bother- any true supporters of either would follow their chosen candidate to prison, where the majority of us are somewhere in the middle wondering why these idiots are the only ones who seem to be running.
There's nothing either candidate could do to gain or lose any more real supporters, so I guess they're just seeing who they can disgust less out of the remaining people?

Actually it appears they are using the same technique Drudge Report uses to pull news down from around the world. Pretty smart...pull all of the MSM reports of bad things about Hillary and Kaine...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So, Trump donors can feel good about their donations going to pay off this lawyers credit card debt. (How good of a lawyer is he if he's so broke that he needs $15K to pay off his debts?)

One lawyer living in D.C. has been dabbling in domain squatting for the better part of a decade, and his hobby just paid off big time.
"It's going to make a huge difference for me," says Green, despite it being less than the $90,000 he was hoping for after Clinton chose Kaine. "I am very broke right now, worse than broke. I have a lot of credit card debt that's now going to be paid off."
Green emphasizes that he plans to vote for Clinton in the general election.
Source

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Do you hear yourselves, praising a troll?

Pathetic.

They're both trolls....hence Cuban at the debate...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Of course it is going to jump now, he has his army of reddit that will just flood it. He could do that with really any website really.
How is it a troll to buy a website that the Clinton campaign didn't want?

I know he is the do no wrong super genius but come on now.

The website name is ClintonKaine.com....I'd say that is a pretty good troll....

The Clinton campaign was just dumb enough not to buy it. Now there is an outlet directly related to their names for their campaign that is all bad press....

How is it NOT trolling in your eyes?

link   
Clinton campaign not too bright. It would have been worth a $15,000.00 investment to keep the opposition away from it. The guy would probably have sold it to HRC for $10k even. dumb dumb DUMBBBBB
edit on 4-10-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

Smart man, Green.

Not like there used to be but it's still possible. I had a friend who sold a domain for $40k maybe 15 years ago when top selling domains were going for millions. Funny true story:

I had registered a domain (actually 4 on different TLDs) for a cryptocurrency related e-commerce store I was developing. The coin in question didn't take off and I ended up putting the whole thing on the backburner and then a few months later I got an email from somebody inquiring about purchasing the domain from me.

My initial reaction was that it was some sort of scam due to some red flags in the emai and because frankly, I couldn't really imagine the domain being worth much to anyone else because it wasn't the sort of name that had a lot of mass appeal.

Then I noticed that an email from a legit broker was in my spam folder. So I called them up, verified everything, etc. Went back and negotiated a price and ended up selling the principal doman and the 3 others for $5,000... to a celebrity's charitable foundation (no, it wasn't a Clinton/Trump foundation!).

Sadly, it's been parked ever since and that was about two years ago.
edit on 2016-10-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just when he could have put the energy into posting on his own website his Great Plans about Making America Great again on his own website.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Genius!

I'm sure her minions will be on this thread within a few minutes decrying this purchase as sexist...or racist...I forget which they are offended by today...

The site needs a Bill Clinton rape watch...
Kinda like hurricane tracking but with rape...
So if u are a woman in a city Bill is coming to then u can prepare defense for an incoming violent rape front...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

So, Trump donors can feel good about their donations going to pay off this lawyers credit card debt. (How good of a lawyer is he if he's so broke that he needs $15K to pay off his debts?)

One lawyer living in D.C. has been dabbling in domain squatting for the better part of a decade, and his hobby just paid off big time.
"It's going to make a huge difference for me," says Green, despite it being less than the $90,000 he was hoping for after Clinton chose Kaine. "I am very broke right now, worse than broke. I have a lot of credit card debt that's now going to be paid off."
Green emphasizes that he plans to vote for Clinton in the general election.
Source

Plenty of broke lawyers out there....I'd say he made a bet that paid off pretty well. He bought it years ago and got lucky.

Regardless of what Trump spends his money on, so far it has worked out well for him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join