It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tribute to Nancy Lieder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Pah, no chance, well someone will do one someday but not me.

Nancy is in my own opinion a con artist. Her talk of Planet X hitting the earth has unfortunately led a number of people making what is termed, life altering decisions. This probably includes everything from selling houses and moving to the mountains to commiting suicide, although I would point out it has not been reported, or suggested that anyone has done this as a result of Nancys ramblings.

Her actions and those of her cohorts are scandelous and she along with all those conartists of similar nature have my fullest anger. Thankfully someone has seen fit to bring a class action against her and her website.

www.ufowatchdog.com...

I hope that this puts and end to her and the stupidity which she peddles so well.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
Pah, no chance, well someone will do one someday but not me.

Nancy is in my own opinion a con artist. Her talk of Planet X hitting the earth has unfortunately led a number of people making what is termed, life altering decisions. This probably includes everything from selling houses and moving to the mountains to commiting suicide, although I would point out it has not been reported, or suggested that anyone has done this as a result of Nancys ramblings.

Her actions and those of her cohorts are scandelous and she along with all those conartists of similar nature have my fullest anger. Thankfully someone has seen fit to bring a class action against her and her website

I hope that this puts and end to her and the stupidity which she peddles so well.

Well put. I couldn't agree more.

I talked to some of those people on her website and they believed so much and were scared sh*tless. It was bad news and if she ever gets ill I hope it's nothing terminal

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think its scandalous that the website is still up peddling the same horsecrap. Now we are subjected to the inevitable claim that not only is planet heading our way but that a pole shift is gonna occur, which it undoubtedly will but not quite in the manner nancy suggests.

Planet X is why people in the community should be wary of individuals who claim amazing knowledge of incredible things. Its well worth looking around trying to find out what people are like. The guy over at www.ufowatchdog.com does this very well.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My problem with sites like Nancy's is that they steer people away from 'serious' UFOlogy... Here she is talking about the religious beliefs of Greys, and getting people worked up over them, while there are MANY good UFO sightings and abduction stories that re forgotten or ignored by people nowadays.

Now, I'm not decrying all 'contactees'. If someone says that they are in contact with an alien I'm willing to listen. Hell, I KNOW that I saw an alien once, and I wouldn't want people around here to just dismiss that right away... However, when you start making money from your claims, scaring people... and those claims don't come true... well, then it's time to pull-down your website.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   
"If someone says that they are in contact with an alien I'm willing to listen."

I`ll certainly give them the benefit of the doubt for so long as possible. Just dismissing these people out of hand is probably not the best policy, although I`ve yet to be convinced by any contactee. I tend to notice that to start with everything goes along just fine then as time passes the story gets more ridiculous and falls apart.

I wonder if some of these people have geniune experiences as a one off then start to make stuff up after that???

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
be careful what you wish for.
this case could set a precedent for net censorship and policing.
we wouldn't be having any of these conversations if the net were policed in the same way as the mainstream media .
i think she's a crackpot or disinfo pro.
but i don't know that.
her freedom of speech is the most relevent facet of this topic.
and think, ...many people won't believe any armegeddon scenarios possible now, because of this.
remember the boy who cried wolf.
it's one of cointelpro's favourite tactics.

[Edited on 27-6-2003 by billybob]

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
My question would be: Is it really Nancy Lieder and her site's fault for a number of people making "life altering decision's" and believing her info., etc. or is it, in truth, the people who subscribed to her and her belief's that were at fault?

This is the first I heard of this women, but I have heard of Richard Noone and his prediction for 'pole shift' in/on 5/5/2000. Very intelligent man and his findings were of significance but was he not also subscribing to a global castrophic(sp) event? How many people made "life altering decision's" then? And the list continues. This is almost like saying "religion is at fault for x and x" when again, in truth, is it not men who are to blame?

I'm am not defending her nor her actions; just merely stating a, if I can use the word, fair verdict, per se'.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
we need to take responsibilty for our choices.
the "justice" system allows criminals to sue their victims, now.
idiots get to sue others for their own idiocy.
it's like we've shifted into bizarro world.
i burned myself on hot coffee, so i'm sueing.
i slipped on the ice on your stairs, while i was robbing you, so i'm sueing.
fun, wow.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I agree. If I or my home is in the act of getting 'robbed' and then in a act of self defense or self preservation I shoot the robber in my home and he lives....he can sue me. But there's a solution to that right?!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 27-6-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I am sorry to say that I am one of those suckers that believed what the Zetas had to say on Nancy's web site. I did not sell everything I owned and dig a hole in the mountains to live in, but went through considerable stress and my family reationships suffered greatly. I do not blame Nancy and believe that she was suckered in like others were. I still believe that planet x is inbound, it is just not on the timetable that Nancy said it was. I believe she was in contact with something, I am just not sure it was friendly aliens from Zeta Reticuli.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
"I do not blame Nancy and believe that she was suckered in like others were"

Interesting position and one I do not like to see. Its a shame you can not blame her for she is to blame. Forgive her yes but not blame her!!!!!

top topics

join