It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone has been told who Jehovah is

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

I would love to take credit for that joke but
credit belongs to the late great Dave Allen

Well, it was a good one, lol. Never thought about those who's teeth would be missing, lol. I'm still cracking up.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

a reply to: AshFan

And thus let it known that vilest of sinners shalt be cast down into the lowest bowerage of Hell and hath Chilli rubbed in their eyes

Ooops wrong thread

Lol you must have predicted me, I was using birds eye chilli's last night, then accidentally rubbed my eyes afterwards, sure felt like HELL for 20 minutes lol.. True story.

LOLOLOL....ya'll are killing me.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: double post

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

And thus let it known that vilest of sinners shalt be cast down into the lowest bowerage of Hell and hath Chilli rubbed in their eyes

Ooops wrong thread

Lol you must have predicted me, I was using birds eye chilli's last night, then accidentally rubbed my eyes afterwards, sure felt like HELL for 20 minutes lol.. True story.

Lol it was killing me too :-(

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Ooops wrong thread

Lol it was killing me too :-(

I bet! Lol

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: youandme

Who? Sorry not one of my Gods

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

According to my personal understandings,.... YHWH is a "Son of El", while Asherah is the consort of El.

Father: El
Mother: Asherah
Son: YHWH

GOD IS SUPERMAN?! KAL-EL?

The creators of Superman were Jewish, which may explain the Semitic-like name of Kal-El. In Hebrew, many things associated with God are suffixed with "El", such as Israel (Struggle with God), Gabriel (God is my Strength), Peniel (Face of God), and Ariel (Lion of God).

It is speculated that Kal-El means "Voice of God"

edit on 10/4/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Of JW's believe their religion, do they also believe every other religion is wrong?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

According to my personal understandings,.... YHWH is a "Son of El", while Asherah is the consort of El.

The creators of Superman were Jewish, which may explain the Semitic-like name of Kal-El. In Hebrew, many things associated with God are suffixed with "El", such as Israel (Struggle with God), Gabriel (God is my Strength), Peniel (Face of God), and Ariel (Lion of God).

Your right "voice of God/Star child"

Also Kal-El means.. House of El in superman terms father jor-el.

Could also mean, house of God.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The end is coming soon.

Still peddling lies?

Changed Dates :: Failed Predictions

jwfacts.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My ex girlfriend became a JW for a time
I recall how miserable and prudish she became
Walking around with a Bible with lots of red underlined passages

edit on 4-10-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: youandme

I'm having a hard time finding the Hebrew letter that represents the English letter "J". With such importance placed on "The Name",... surely we should be able to locate this long-lost "J"?

Really?
Jehu?

Jerimiah?

Joshua?

Or the hundreds of other Jewish names in the Bible taken from Jehovah's name? Which one?

Those are translated names, not transliterated Hebrew names. Would you like to know what those names are in the Hebrew language?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just love how different religions and denominations (or just Christians in general), correct one another, debate semantics, apologetics, or whatever strikes their fancy when it comes to the Bible. Yea, love how that book brings people closer together....NOT. LOL.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I just love how different religions and denominations (or just Christians in general), correct one another, debate semantics, apologetics, or whatever strikes their fancy when it comes to the Bible. Yea, love how that book brings people closer together....NOT. LOL.

It is sad. A house should not be divided.

But why are you furthering division with mockery? Such behavior will plunge you back into the matrix

Who is called by Jehovah's name?

יהוה
Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey
Jah-Ho-Va-H
YaHWeH

I found when pronouncing Yehoshua (Jesus's name), the Y sounds better with a slight J tone in it - I can see why it became translated as a J. As said above though, these semantics are not nearly as important as the core of the good news and we shouldn't, as fellow Christians, become hostile or holier-than-thou when it comes to discussing these things.
edit on 4-10-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

It is sad. A house should not be divided. But why are you furthering division with mockery? Such behavior will plunge you back into the matrix

The house is divided. We are all stuck in this matrix....and my mockery is because I'm po'ed at the whole mess. Seeing the lies....and realizing the truth is not what I thought..but different, after investing two plus decades of my life to Christianity and the "god" of the bible....makes me just a tad upset. Just a tad.

Yea, I'm feeling a little like Neo after he woke up and Morpheus showed him what was really going on.
Actually, I'm feeling like Neo did when he decided it was time to kick butt.

edit on 4-10-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The house is divided. We are all stuck in this matrix....and my mockery is because I'm po'ed at the whole mess. Seeing the lies....and realizing the truth is not what I thought..but different, after investing two plus decades of my life to Christianity and the "god" of the bible....makes me just a tad upset. Just a tad.

Yea, I'm feeling a little like Neo after he woke up and Morpheus showed him what was really going on.

I remember the feeling, I turned away from Catholicism my 8th grade summer (I went to catholic school K-12). Later on around my Junior year of college, after establishing a basic understanding of spirituality elsewhere, I came to my own understanding of the words of Jesus, which meant reading his words on my own. I realized his words were intended to rise us above the matrix ("The Truth will set you free").

Plato refers to this illusory world in his cave allegory, he too thinks that by understanding truth and acting upon Goodness, Virtue, Love, etc, we can liberate ourselves from the cave and adjust to a new way of living outside of the cave in the light. He calls this the ascent of the soul into the world of Forms - which I suppose is his idea of Heaven Plato's Cave Allegory. The Hindus call this an escape from Samsara and refer to the liberation as Moksha.

Talking about this really gets me going, because it is in every major spiritual tradition. Don't let the Christian hypocrites ruin your openness to the Christian Philosophy - it makes much more sense when you read it on your own with a spiritual understanding.
edit on 4-10-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Jehovah has been revealed to everyone. The end is coming soon.

No it isn't. Stop lying. Jehova's Witnesses are nothing but liars and deceivers.

Failed predictions that were either explicitly stated or strongly implied, particularly linked to dates in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925 and 1975, have led to the alteration or abandonment of some teachings. The Society's publications have at times suggested that members had previously "read into the Watch Tower statements that were never intended"[10] or that the beliefs of members were "based on wrong premises."[11] Critic Edmond Gruss claims that other failed predictions were ignored, and replaced with new predictions; for example, in the book, The Finished Mystery (1917), events were applied to the years 1918 to 1925 that earlier had been held to occur prior to 1914. When the new interpretations also did not transpire, the 1926 edition of the book changed the statements and removed the dates.

That's from here, by the way.

JW is a cult. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Also Kal-El means.. House of El in superman terms father jor-el.

Could also mean, house of God.

In Hebrew, Bethel (Beit-El) means "House of God (El)".

Kal-El is more like saying,.... Kal of the House of El

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Talking about this really gets me going, because it is in every major spiritual tradition. Don't let the Christian hypocrites ruin your openness to the Christian Philosophy - it makes much more sense when you read it on your own with a spiritual understanding.

I hear ya. I've always read it for myself, and then would try to integrate what is taught through pastors or books or "you name it", into what I was getting from the Bible on my own.
I don't like the title "Christian" for myself at all anymore. I dropped that label several years ago. It's too associated with Pauline doctrine, and how hypocritical a lot of it is.
Jesus was different. Not just that...but something profound (total understatement, actually) happened to me when I made a simple request to know "Him"...a long time ago.
Anyway, thanks for your response, Cooperton.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

If you're talking about witnesses of the so-called jehovah... then you're an ass.
They are the worst.
They scheme and plot to get into buildings uninvited and bother and annoy unsuspecting citizens who have enough to deal with on Saturday mornings.
First of all... its trespassing. A crime.
Second of all... its harassment. Another crime. Especially when someone is politely explaining to them that there is no interest. And if they persist and insist.... which they do rigorously and without hesitation... that is harassment.
Third of all.... its a crime to menace people in my city. If you threaten someone with death and torment and propaganda of death and torment it is menacing. And that is a crime.

Those three things will land you in jail. No buts about it.

They are the worst.
People have get up or stop doing their routines to respond to intercoms and doorbells because jehovah the magnificent is calling.

Those people enter buildings uninvited to preach nonsense. Its a crime!

I call the cops on them and press charges on them. Why? Because tolerance and politeness doesn't help. They are a brood of annoyance. They believe no one has ever heard of Christendom... and also that they are its teachers. Such a brood should learn moderation and acceptance.

The only thing that I can say is nice about them is that I AM NOT one of them.

edit on 5-10-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join