It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Clinton rips into Trump over taxes: 'It seems he was contributing nothing'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

"While millions of American families - including mine and yours - were working hard paying our fair share, it seems he was contributing nothing," said Mrs Clinton.

"Trump represents the same rigged system that he claims he's going to change."

The tax row is sure to be continued on Tuesday on the debate stage when the two candidates' running mates, Republican Governor Mike Pence and Democrat Tim Kaine, duel in Virginia.
SOURCE

Hillary Clinton is making it sound like people work hard to have a chance to pay taxes. I've never met anyone in my life who had that outlook, how about you?

If there's anyone who represents "the same rigged system" in every way it's Hillary Clinton. What her campaign has done with the tax issue is brilliant. Somehow, Clinton is painting a picture of herself as being more of an outsider than Trump. I don't care what you think of Clinton, is the way she's handling the tax issue not pure genius?

Here's Trump's answer:

Donald Trump faced down a political mess over his taxes Monday by touting his own brilliance, saying he'd beaten a bad system.

Now, the Republican nominee says, he's offering the same skills he used to pay less in income tax to the American public.

"I'm working for you now -- I'm not working for Trump," he told supporters at a rally in this key Western swing state Monday.
Trump: 'I'm working for you now, I'm not working for Trump'

edit on 4-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Losing nearly a billion dollars in a single year when the economy was insanely strong is really bizarre though.

Either he's totally incompetent or he's totally crooked.

Or both.

There's no good spin on this.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Losing nearly a billion dollars in a single year when the economy was insanely strong is really bizarre though.

Or both.

And you would kick his ass on the real estate front i bet.
Another armchair expert.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

"While millions of American families - including mine and yours - were working hard paying our fair share, it seems he was contributing nothing," said Mrs Clinton.

The tax row is sure to be continued on Tuesday on the debate stage when the two candidates' running mates, Republican Governor Mike Pence and Democrat Tim Kaine, duel in Virginia.
SOURCE

Hillary Clinton is making it sound like people work hard to have a chance to pay taxes. I've never met anyone in my life who had that outlook, how about you?

If there's anyone who represents "the same rigged system" in every way it's Hillary Clinton. What her campaign has done with the tax issue is brilliant. Somehow, Clinton is painting a picture of herself as being more of an outsider than Trump. I don't care what you think of Clinton, is the way she's handling the tax issue not pure genius?

Here's Trump's answer:

Donald Trump faced down a political mess over his taxes Monday by touting his own brilliance, saying he'd beaten a bad system.

Now, the Republican nominee says, he's offering the same skills he used to pay less in income tax to the American public.

"I'm working for you now -- I'm not working for Trump," he told supporters at a rally in this key Western swing state Monday.
Trump: 'I'm working for you now, I'm not working for Trump'

Hell, his beats hers hands down!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Or both.

Buffett lost $800+ mil too, in a railroad.

Took the same "loopholes".

Hillary lost $700k and wrote it off too.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

You can show a loss on your taxes by spending more than you took in during the year.
That doesn't mean he lost a billion dollars.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The whole point in life is to try and pay as little tax as you can. Just because the government is so bloated and filled with waste, doesn't mean I work hard JUST so I can pay taxes.
edit on 10/4/2016 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
DP
edit on 10/4/2016 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The difference is Hillary pays taxes Trump doesn't. Trump will change the tax laws right. He's gonna fix it so he only makes half as much money from now on. Sure is is Sheepole, sure he is.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wait a minute....Trump did exactly what every American does, tries like Hell to find a way to pay as little tax as possible....and people want to bitch? Did YOU file a tax return this year? Did you itemize and take every deduction you were allowed? Or did you just give it all to Uncle Sam?
If you didn't, you're a hypocrite for thinking Trump did anything wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Can't really blame him. The tax money seems to primarily go on America's unjustified wars of aggression and allowing the defence industry to flat out rob the US military.

I wouldn't pay for either of those either If i could get away with it.
edit on -050008am10kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

And her taxes show she hasn't paid,took millions in on non profit,then kept money,thats the pot calling the kettle black,so what about her? ohh thats ok shes a Democrat,I love these idiot analogy's ATS has gone down the proverbial......

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

A billionaire bucking the system = "nothing wrong".

A low income single father on food stamps = "how dare he".

Kinda sums up this whole mess.......

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
True he would be an idiot to pay income tax. Why would Trump want to pay to help win the war and the Veterans with PTSD, missing limbs, missing brain parts, educate their orphans? He is a genius.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Wait a minute....Trump did exactly what every American does, tries like Hell to find a way to pay as little tax as possible....and people want to bitch? Did YOU file a tax return this year? Did you itemize and take every deduction you were allowed? Or did you just give it all to Uncle Sam?
If you didn't, you're a hypocrite for thinking Trump did anything wrong.

Yep, and not for nothing, how many people making this a huge deal don't pay anything in taxes themselves? I have to laugh at Hillary making a deal out of it when it is the government who created all of these loopholes for their wealthy donors. Our tax laws are ridiculous! Talk for years of a flat tax, which would be fair for everyone, yet as usual, all we get from our elected officials is useless lip service without anything ever being done. More of the same ole same ole......

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
True he would be an idiot to pay income tax. Why would Trump want to pay to help win the war and the Veterans with PTSD, missing limbs, missing brain parts, educate their orphans? He is a genius.

Why would he want to help rebuild the infrastructure that allows him to make billions more?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Hillary Clinton is making it sound like people work hard to have a chance to pay taxes.

Hillary is not "making it sound like" that. That's your own personal inference. That's not at all what she said. We DO all work hard and pay our fair share, but we don't work hard for the opportunity to pay taxes... That's ridiculous.

And, like mouth-breathing cult members, they believe him! They believe that this man, who, for his entire life, has shown, time after time, that he's fully willing to lie, "deal" and cheat the little people, has had his "come to Jesus moment" and will, from this day forward, abandon his own tremendous greed, in order to become a Good Samaritan president and do the right thing for the millions of people he has previously shunned... Yeah, that will happen...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Can't really blame him. The tax money seems to primarily go on America's unjustified wars of aggression and allowing the defence industry to flat out rob the US military.

I wouldn't pay for either of those either If i could get away with it.

America has a strong tradition of war tax resistance. Believe me, Trump is not a war tax resister.

History of War Tax Resistance

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

lol Remember? He brags about using OPM, other people's money! Yep, he sure wants to make sure America doesn't use his money. Let America use OPM!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This particular tactic isn't a good one for Hillary. Criticizing a business man for taking advantage of the tax code is ridiculous. She would be better off attacking him for making the bad business decisions that resulted in the huge loss (as it directly undermines his main claim of having a great mind for business), or hammering his long history of misogyny, which is working with female voters.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join