It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did it never rain on earth before Noah's flood?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

There is no credence to this "No rain before Noah" hypothesis. I dont acccept the oral tradition of ancient uneducated people who made things up to explain the unknown. Certainly I can use the bible as a 'map' of kind but thats about it.

The historical record completely annihalates and destroys any such theory. I have presented factual and physical evidence it did rain, and can provide many many more samples.

I wish I knew how to start these long lasted threads about nothing

Thanks for the research effort. Do anyone beyond hard core bible thumping fundamentalists and children under 12 really believe in the literalness of the flood story?

Mike

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
anyone ever notice the fact that our Meteorology Bureaus distinguish between rain, and showers

Maybe they only had "Showers ", before Noahs flood

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Thanks for the research effort. Do anyone beyond hard core bible thumping fundamentalists and children under 12 really believe in the literalness of the flood story?

Mike

Apparently so, I was trying in vain to ignore this thread, but it just kept popping up. Simple research can give people answers, rather than people spouting beliefs as evidence.

Ask a question and FIND the answer, instead of GIVING an answer before asking themselves the question... that just doesn't work when you are looking for truths.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I guess it's hard to wash way all the centuries of ingrained beliefs handed down by the Torah, Koran and the Bible.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Yeah if only that was easier to wash away, just as easy as the apparent "Brainwashing" experienced by the constituents of the"Trinity Of Intolerence"

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

"The caps flash froze and the rest of the globe was underwater. Then the earth expanded to bring the land out of the water, leaving the ice caps intact."

The ice caps "flash froze"? 7,000 FEET of ice over thousands of square miles? To "flash freeze" ~8 BILLION pounds of ice would take a release of energy of what size, again?

" The ocean floor is younger than the land."

How much younger? 4,000 years and no more? And it is consistently younger than the land everywhere?

Hovindized science, people. It's the heart of the Wiley Coyote Physics Institute.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
No rain before the flood, and no rainbow??

Yes I know what it sais in the bible I was raised on the bible maid to memorize verses etc.
My main problem with it like amany other religious texts is that they are copied from older sources, transcribed from other languages, how can anyone be sure that things are not altered in the transcribing process?
Here is a thought as to whaite might happen durring transcription;
There are many words that do not translate from language to language, some words need a laengthly description, so what if these words were omitted, if they were omitted the sentences in wich they were placed would not make much sense, so they might be ommited as well, then the stories the setences were in might not make sence so thew might be omitted. The same would be in order to change the word, perhaps after changing the word, the sentence no longer mader sence so it was changed to reflect the new word, and then the story would no longer make sence so it was changed to accomidate the new sentence. Then you might have the transcriber disagreeing with what is written because it conflicts with the religious beliefs of his order, so he changes them to accomidate and maybee even adds some of his orders beliefs as well, again the stories are changed to suit this line of thinking.
If this happened in even one story how many more could it happen in?
Thiis is just a suppose, I have no proof this happens, it is just a suspicion based on trends I see in religious sects, such as absorbing pegan beliefs into a religion in order for your religion to be easier for these pegan believers to accept, such as the winter solstace being intergrated into the birth of crist in the cristian religion.

Since this no rain before the flood was in a religious text as well as the no rainbow, can it be taken at face value?

Just my 2 cents

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I still think the flood was caused by global warming :p

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demonis
I still think the flood was caused by global warming :p

Global flood? Global warming!
How could we have missed the obvious signs! Obviously MSS is covering up this vital information, suppressing it to avoid upsetting apple carts!

Let's see how Hovind would do this:

"Well, God in his mercy decided to snuff every last man, woman and child on the planet. So he heated the planet up to 1000 degree Kelvin Klein. Except, of course, for the jumbo jets bringing the koala and platypussycats from Australia and a 2 kilometer exclusion zone around the Ark, so the T-Rex could graze peacefully.

"That heat released the icebergs that had been circling the planet at 50,000 feet for the last 2,000 years and the resulting water just naturally fell to Earth. (The icebergs didn't fall to Earth because that would screw up the story.)"

It's all so clear now.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

The "Flood" or "floods " were caused by comet impact into the oceans. This was the science behind the Grooved-ware peoples (proto-druids), invention of artificial Henges in Britian.
There is much evidence to support this claim.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777

The "Flood" or "floods " were caused by comet impact into the oceans. This was the science behind the Grooved-ware peoples (proto-druids), invention of artificial Henges in Britian.

We'd certainly appreciate you showing us links (preferably text) to the evidence that supports the claim, and that there was a huge flood caused by a comet 4,000 years ago (when the Grooved ware people lived -- 1,000 BC). I'd rather not have "video proof"; that takes forever to check up on.

Got some news stories for us, maybe, that talk about this?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777

A comet strike would be an E.L.E., especially in the oceans. (Hovind, again, or one of his sock puppets.)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If such an effort is being made to place Noah's Flood in a historical context, one would have to find a period when the population of all land animals, some in abundant existence for tens of millions of years, or more, all suddenly became reduced to two.

There is no evidence of anything like this ever happening.

And even for that the math doesn't work. The predators would starve, whole species would be wiped out in minutes.

Many regional floods must have occurred with the receding of the glaciers. I doubt one single one can accurately be traced to the Noah story.

Mike

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichaelIf such an effort is being made to place Noah's Flood in a historical context, one would have to find a period when the population of all land animals, some in abundant existence for tens of millions of years, or more, all suddenly became reduced to two.

Very true. We can compare genetic diversity in a species and we see no such recent "common" ancestors the vast majority of species on Earth. There is no "bottleneck" from that (supposed) date. If it were true we could find common ancestry in ALL humans from ~4,000 years ago.

It's amusing to think that the entire population of the Earth came from Mr. and Mrs. Noah since the flood as well.

Ever wonder where Noah's grandkids found spouses? Seem like their only option would be incest. I know that's okay with the Bible, as they strove to preserve Noah's "seed" in that manner.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ever wonder where Noah's grandkids found spouses? Seem like their only option would be incest. I know that's okay with the Bible, as they strove to preserve Noah's "seed" in that manner.

You know, that whole incest thing amongst Noas' grand kids and the like, never sat well with me. It was one of those questions that got me in trouble in Sunday School when I was a lad. Back then they never did answer me.
Finally years later someone told me they mated with other survivors of the flood.
Other survivors of the flood? Again this made me more curious.
I was told that the Bible only follows Noah and his family because of they were holy or something along those lines.
More people who add to the stories they read in their religious texts??

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

It's the question that got me kicked out of Sunday School. The "teacher" wasn't comfortable answering it, and the preacher couldn't/wouldn't. So they asked my mother to not send me back there. She asked me if there's somewhere else I'd like to go. I said "Disneyland." That was the end of that.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby

Originally posted by klain
apparently when the earth was still early and first began to rain it lasted for years before all of the oceans filled up it would of been constant monsoon but i doubt any life was around then so it probably did rain before hand
good post

i like that idea of it raining for years to fill up the oceans. did you never do science in school buddy?? how can it rain without first being water to be evaporated and then to condense only then to be released as rain. if you say god made it rain first then you prety much are saying there is no water cycle. for the water cycle to be true the water has to go round and round, yet you're saying that out of the blue all of this water fell to earth...impossible even by gods standards.
why do religions always trying and make creation so simple...have you ever seen the universe made in a more simple way than how genesis depicts it. same with this rain theory...rain merely fell one day and carried on for years, thus filling up the oceans. noah got two of every animal on the boat, a flood then came for 40 days, yet he survived because he built himself a nice wooden boat. if a flood reached to the top of mountains (because noah came to rest on a mountain top) then how does that water then recide? it can't go back to the ocean because it is the ocean, it's a world-wide ocean that's covering everything. that water would always then be here...we don't lose water and gain water, there's always the same amount whether it's in the sky or on the floor. therefore, if there was a flood of that magnitude then we would still be living like kevin costner in waterworld.

It would be possible when the earth was created (assuming big bang theory) maybe it was still too hot for water to stay liquid and that meant it stayed "misty". So when earth started cooling off on the surface for whatever reason, it meant the mist rained down. Wouldn't that explain the water question?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhinseyIt would be possible when the earth was created (assuming big bang theory) maybe it was still too hot for water to stay liquid and that meant it stayed "misty". So when earth started cooling off on the surface for whatever reason, it meant the mist rained down. Wouldn't that explain the water question?

We have fossils of cyanobacteria dated back over two billion years. The water probably accumulated on the surface well before that. As the solar system was settling down there were probably a lot more comets running around, and a few them (relatively few) hit the Earth and left their water ice there.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

You know something Gawdzilla. You one funny guy.

Noah's Grandchildren found Spouses in the same manner as Cain found a Wife. The Story expressed in Genesis had many people here on this planet long before Adam, and quite a few around still after the flood. The closest thing to Incest, in the Bible revolves around Lot and his daughters, which nothing comes out of it so to speak.

I wonder if you would like to take this line of thought you have to another Post. It would be more suitable, since it's main concern is the Great Flood. Review the links offered by other, as well as myself, and give us some viewable links to reinforce this mindset you have.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

So God created Adam and Eve, and Susan and Steve, etc.? The Bible says the world was destroyed and all the people on it except Noah and his family. So, then, where did Noah's descendants get their spouses? From the destroyed people that were not destroyed? From the not wicked people in the next country that didn't die in the global flood that wasn't global?

They're your contradictions, live with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join