It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All right folks, let's really talk about this

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Now that the debate is over, and a week has passed to let everyone debrief and process it.....

I have a question for ATS members who still think that Trump is the better choice. I would like to hear from people who have done some research and thought through the options.

I would ALSO (and mostly!) like to hear from people who are going to vote for him no matter what happens between now and then.

I am deliberately putting this here, in the Mud-Pit, and I am officially stating that I will be merely watching the fight.

And......

*looks at imaginary stop watch*

......GO!

(oh, PS, I'm still undecided about the whole damn thing.)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Now that the debate is over, and a week has passed to let everyone debrief and process it.....

I have a question for ATS members who still think that Trump is the better choice. I would like to hear from people who have done some research and thought through the options.

I would ALSO (and mostly!) like to hear from people who are going to vote for him no matter what happens between now and then.

I am deliberately putting this here, in the Mud-Pit, and I am officially stating that I will be merely watching the fight.

And......

......GO!

Did you ever go to a funeral, just because you debated going there in the first place?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ok.
A lot of people really hate life in these times and deep down inside they just want to end it.
The life haters got whipped into a frenzy around 2012 - but no dice.

Now we have a brand new shiny new way to end the world - more hilarious than a giant asteroid.

A vote for Trump equals a vote for the end of the world as we know it.
And I feel meh.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm an outsider, non American.

What i see is scary.

Trump, he is a business man, he might do good for the economy and trading but lacks on pretty much anything else.

Clinton....I simply don't know, she freaks me out.

The other option as i see it is another 4 years for Obama, he is not the best option, though you know the guy by now, how much more damage could he do, and IMO better option than the two others.

Now it's all up to you...It's going to be 4 years with a lot of popcorn time.
edit on 3-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Im so ready for either dumb or dumber to win so we can stop talking about them and get back to ATS 'in.

I come here to get away from it...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Been decades since i voted or been even the slightest bit interested in politics. They say the same stuff over and over, older people are all to aware...

This time I thought I could check it out, I didn't last five minutes.

Create jobs, lower taxes , reduce debt, defense...

Click

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have to honestly say that I believe this entire debacle was planned to screw with us. We have the WORST candidates possible running and being promoted to run a country on the brink of bankruptcy.

Jeez, who will I pick? The person who should be imprisoned or the person who wants to keep building prisons?

I can't believe the country has come to this. I am seriously mad that these are our only choices.

Hate to say it, I don't want either in.
But I'll probably vote Trump and watch the other side cheat their way in. I have a bad feeling she is going to get in regardless.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We can elect someone everyone in the establishment in Congress hates. Then he will effect a miracle. Congress will rediscover true bipartisanship and even override his vetos in bipartisan fashion. They might even impeach him.

Certainly, I don't foresee them taking the same kid glove hands off approach they used with Obama.

And if he goes down? Well, then I'm sure Pence, while not your favorite, is likely not nearly as scary to everyone.

They won't do the same with Hillary because they're all in on the scam with her and getting rich at our expense.
edit on 3-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well Hillary spent a week resting and memorizing phrases to use in response to debate questions. She was willing to get down in the dirt at the debate and did so. Trump spent a week campaigning. Obviously he enjoys being before the audience, making speeches and hearing people say "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP" better than he likes cramming for a debate. He was not prepared and on the defensive and made a poor showing. When I think of all of the things he COULD have said about Clinton at the debate, I felt he was uncharacteristically restrained- almost nice.

Trump built an empire- he knows things about money and business. I'm willing to give the businessman a chance. I don't see how he can possibly screw up the country worse than the career politicians already have.

Clinton is a career politician. She knows how to charge people 200K for a 30 minute speech. She knows how to trade favors for large sums of money. She knows how to use law enforcement to intimidate people whom she perceives as her enemy. What does she know about anything else? How can anyone trust a congenital liar like Hillary Clinton and her scummy husband who will also be in the White House if she should win?

So yes I am voting for Trump. He's not the typical candidate running for president and as far as I am concerned that is an asset.

Sal

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Or Johnson. Obama said that is also a vote for Trump. I assume he meant Stein as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Despite each cringe worthy action these two clowns take there are some very interesting things happening politically. Establishment Reps are jumping ship. Completely disavowing their candidate. That points me to DT.

The TPP will impact me and just about everyone I know personally. I can trust Hillary to stand behind this deal in some form or another. That points me to DT.

Supreme Court choice. I'm against this new extreme liberal mindset that Hillary seems to support. Equal rights is fine. Sacrificing the many for a few is not.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

And......

......GO!

Where is/what is the question?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
I have to honestly say that I believe this entire debacle was planned to screw with us. We have the WORST candidates possible running and being promoted to run a country on the brink of bankruptcy.

Jeez, who will I pick? The person who should be imprisoned or the person who wants to keep building prisons?

I can't believe the country has come to this. I am seriously mad that these are our only choices.

Hate to say it, I don't want either in.
But I'll probably vote Trump and watch the other side cheat their way in. I have a bad feeling she is going to get in regardless.

You can't go wrong with that scenario, being right even though you are wrong, or vice Versa. Conscience salved.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I have a question for ATS members who still think that Trump is the better choice.

Why (please?) do you think that?

I would like to hear from people who have done some research and have thought through the options. And by "thought through," I mean looking at the whole spectrum....not only of today's media and current social stuff.....but also in terms of history.

edit on 10/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Known Globalist corruption Vs. unknown?

I prefer unknown.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
One reason Trump MIGHT be better is the lie factor.

Hillary at 100 / 100

Trump at 20 / 100

Not easy to trust a government liar like Hillary who is a proven liar from government reports.

Hillary's lies have too much negative impact on Citizens.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Because I know what Hillary is, and I can't vote for a known crook. Spare me the whole song and dance about the FBI clearing her. Comey pretty much listed that she met every criteria for prosecution, but they let her off on the pretext that she didn't mean to ... ignorance has never been any defense for any of the rest of us, but apparently it is for the power elite now.

And I know she will continue what Obama has started, and I really can't consider the country better off than it was in the past after eight years of this.

link   
I'm not voting for Trump per say.

I'm voting against Hillary Clinton and choosing the candidate with the best chance to keep her out of the White House.

The parts where Trump:

1) ...is a massive middle finger to establishment DC (GOP and Dems)
2) ...might actually reduce the federal bureaucracy
3) ...might actually nominate conservative SCOTUS justices
4) ...might actually bring jobs back to the USA

...are icing on the cake but I won't hold my breath on the last three.

There really isn't much that will convince me otherwise unless it can be shown to me that Trump is even worse of a conniving, corrupt, career-politicizing, progressive/statist, anti-Constitutional lawyer.

If that can be proven to me, my write-in candidate will be "Two-year-expired can of Cream of Chicken soup."
edit on 3-10-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

link   

America is reaching the point of insolvency, global economic collapse is imminent. I'm talking civilization ending.

Trump is good at managing bankruptcies, America just may survive under a Trump presidency.
edit on 3-10-2016 by GodEmperor because: typo

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Ok.
A lot of people really hate life in these times and deep down inside they just want to end it.
The life haters got whipped into a frenzy around 2012 - but no dice.

Now we have a brand new shiny new way to end the world - more hilarious than a giant asteroid.

A vote for Trump equals a vote for the end of the world as we know it.
And I feel meh.

Yes, I understand that, but do you not think the OP has a hint of condescension about it?
For me, Trump is a piece of crap, Hillary is a piece of crap, but only Trump is mentioned in the text.

It's a bit like putting the learned salesman against the learned intellectual as if there is a difference if they both have to gather spuds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join