It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Even Trump's Buildings Are Made In China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Right now, there exists for federal projects the "Buy America Act", the "Buy American Act", ad the "Davis-Bacon Act". You can bet these are done away with in a Trump presidency. Make America Great Again with slave wages and non-American products. Need a new bridge? Trump has one to sell you.

Sorry I was so late getting to this thread. I went to a thread about a creepy clown sighting that makes people go crazy, thinking it was about Trump.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
The fact that he used the tax laws and traded with other countries only enforces why I am voting for him. If it's legal I'm fine with it.

Interesting. So Trump supporters don't actually have a problem with NAFTA or outsourcing "American" jobs, since they're both legal. And bashing politicians for passing and implementing NAFTA while using NAFTA to benefit himself is also okay, since hypocrisy is also legal. I think I'm getting the hang of this.

ETA: And before someone points out the obvious, China isn't a part of NAFTA. Duh. I'm pointing out that as long as a policy is legal, then apparently it's ok to Trump supporters. Which is an obvious contradiction of their other positions, such as their supposed rejection of NAFTA.
edit on 3-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Um, it's pronounced "GYNAH".

And this is really no surprise at all...this is what Trump does. He is criticizing things that he is currently doing.

Immigration: He employs hundreds if not thousands of illegal immigrants (maybe even married one).
Taxes: Uses the same loop holes that he calls corrupt.
Outsourcing Jobs: Cries about losing jobs to "Gynah" while most products tied to him are produced outside of the USA.

These are just a few examples...I have no idea how his supporters let him get away with it.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

So you are taking issue with how Trump is legally doing business while completely ignoring Hillary doing everything illegally? Yep, that sounds about right for you.

Yes, just like all the anti-Clinton thread posters take time out to ensure they make corresponding threads about Trump to match their 'Hillary is a crook/reptile/murderer/clone' threads.

I assume you too give equal time to ensuring equal balance in everything you post?
edit on 3-10-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Wow, the "But Hillary" only took 3 posts in this thread.

"But Hillary" is my favorite ATS game.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

So you honestly think that Trump would change the laws he has abused to make money and avoid paying taxes?

You really think he is going to advocate for laws that would hurt his own business...oh sorry...his children's business (if he wins the election)?

Are people really this naive?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I don't think they actually care about the issues. They just want to win. In fact, I'm convinced they don't actually care about following laws either; they just want those laws to affect others. I see it as a return to a tiered society where rules are for "others" while govt leaves them alone to do as they please.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
Trump has made a living doing things by the corrupt laws and policies that are in place...he doesn't (yet) make the rules,he just knows how to use them to his advantage.
If he saved and made money with the current laws and policies,I'd say that is more than Hillary can do...at least he follows what stupid laws and policies are in place....Hillary thinks she is above the laws and does whatever she chooses,she is a sociopath with no regard for anyone but herself.

Let Trump make the rules so HE IS ABLE to have more American jobs and won't have to turn to China....that is the point about making America great again.

Holly S#!T a person who believes a corrupt businessman will magically become an honest politician.

Do you also believe in unicorns and flying fairies because there is the same amount of evidence for them as the character in your fairytale.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I don't think they actually care about the issues. They just want to win. In fact, I'm convinced they don't actually care about following laws either; they just want those laws to affect others. I see it as a return to a tiered society where rules are for "others" while govt leaves them alone to do as they please.

That's exactly what people who are against Hillary have been saying for a very long time. There is hope for the people after all. Common ground I say!

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Your political threads lack class. You seem to be unable to convey your message without condescending remarks or ad homs. Your slant is obvious and detracts from any sort of truth that would come of all of your "homework." My reply was meant for whom I replied to. Keep it muddy.

I don't know how I missed this earlier? I guess I have developed a filter for Trumpian blather?

If you're looking to shame somebody, you're barking up the the wrong tree. All opinions are not created equal and I don't make apologies for not coddling stupid people.

It's amazing to me that people come at me with this BS between clamoring to high five one another in pro-Trump threads where people are staring at shadows in fuzzy upscaled images of Clinton's pant legs looking for evidence of catheters.

Where are your disingenuous admonishments about lack of class and bias in all those cases?
edit on 2016-10-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Feel free to pop into either one of those threads I linked and debate the topic with me. Neither is in the mud pit, everyone has to keep it "classy." (have you seen Donald Trump the last week? Talk about "class" lol)

EDIT:

Here they are again in case you've forgotten:

Did WikiLeaks Exclude Syria To Russia Bank Transfer Emails From Syria Files?
Dissecting The WikiLeaks Russian Connection - Part One
edit on 2016-10-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Trump blather? Hardly. Was a simple quip. Seems it struck a nerve. I said nothing of your opinion, only mine for the reason of not reading them. Share them all you wish, many here agree with you politically.

I participate and comment in the threads I wish. I can not afford the time to plaster my opinions in all threads.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

That's exactly what people who are against Hillary have been saying for a very long time. There is hope for the people after all. Common ground I say!

If it's really "common ground" and "exactly what people who are against Hillary have been saying for a very long time", then shouldn't that mean you're also against it when Trump does it?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Myself? Of course I am. Should he break laws, he should be held accountable. I would assume you agree?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Your political threads lack class. You seem to be unable to convey your message without condescending remarks or ad homs. Your slant is obvious and detracts from any sort of truth that would come of all of your "homework."

My reply was meant for whom I replied to.

Keep it muddy.

I like his threads, makes up for all the BS about Hilary, and what makes them low class your opinion lol?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Wait a second. If it's only about "legal" and "illegal", then why the words against Hillary? Like it or not, she & Bill haven't been found guilty of the accusations against them. Bill was even found "not guilty" by a Republican controlled Senate to settle the impeachment scandal. And after several years of Republican-led investigations and hearings, Hillary hasn't been found guilty of anything with either Benghazi or the email "scandal". And apparently, the Clinton Foundation is also doing things legally too. So if it's really about what's legal and illegal, Trump supporters should stop complaining since they're also following the laws.

The problem with our current system is that corruption and bribery have been legalized. But if a candidate is going to claim she/he's against a specific policy position, she/he should prove it with her/his actions. Otherwise it's hypocrisy.

So if Trump's really against NAFTA as much as he claims, he should prove it by not using it to enrich himself. If he's really against China "taking" American jobs, he should prove it by not using China as a source of cheap labor. And if he's really going to run as a candidate that will clean up or "fix" Washington, he should prove it by not using the same loopholes & "broken" system he claims to be against.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
And Hillary Clinton is still corrupt and a liar.

News Flash : "A business man conducted busines trying to come in with low CoGs!"

I fail to see how private realm business practices in anyway compare in corruption to any one of Hillary's corrupt practices while on the tax payers dime.

All the long, quote ladened posts sighting Donald Trumps personal, private actions will not detract from the utter contempt Hillary and company have shown the American people via her deceipt etc...

The point is, one cannot champion American industry and also support foreign industry. It's a two edged sword: yes a businessman needs to build with the least possible expense but then that businessman cannot say "I support American industry, I think it's great." That's the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join