It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Trump's Buildings Are Made In China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Donald Trump is running around the Rust Belt pitching himself as a blue collar billionaire who cares so much about the average American that he just had to run for President to "bring back the jobs" and reinvigorate the economy with the same trickle-down delusions that the GOP has been pushing since the 70's (what a breath of fresh air) that nobody serious has been putting any stock in for what? Decades?

He rants out both sides of his mouth, name dropping Ronald Reagan when he talks about reheated Reagonomics and blaming Hillary Clinton for NAFTA, a trade deal that was dreamed up by the Reagan administration and negotiated by the Bush 41 administration.

Some folks eat it up despite all the evidence from Donald Trump's own history proves that he's no friend of the American worker:

His crap is manufactured overseas, his resorts are staffed predominantly with H1B visa workers, he'd rather pay (or rather, not pay) undocumented workers for demolition jobs, he stiffs American suppliers and contractors (including American small business owners) regularly — but that's all in the past! He's a reformed oligarch whose going to go bring down the "rigged" system whose teet he has suckled from his entire life. The "rigged system" that his father exploited before him to rip off tax payers in contracts to build homes for American veterans.

He says that he's only been exploiting the system that the politicians made because he's "smart" and now he's seen the light! Hallelujah! Amen! (the bible is his favorite book, believe him — followed by that book of his that he didn't write) And it's just like how he hasn't paid taxes in 20 years because he's "smart" and now he's going to start paying... oh no never mind, he's actually pushing trickle-down failnomics.

Now it comes out that as he's doing his Epic Lies Tour of the Rust Belt, trying to salvage what he can of his campaign as he waits for the Russians to give his supporters something else to talk about, that when it comes to the building the very buildings he's so proud of, even then he finds ways to stick it to the American worker.

HOW DONALD TRUMP DITCHED U.S. STEEL WORKERS IN FAVOR OF CHINA

A Newsweek investigation has found that in at least two of Trump’s last three construction projects, Trump opted to purchase his steel and aluminum from Chinese manufacturers rather than United States corporations based in states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Of Trump’s last three construction projects, the first to use Chinese steel was Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, which opened in 2008. That the manufacturer is from China is not immediately evident; this fact is hidden within a chain of various corporate entities, including holding companies registered in the British Virgin Islands. That micro-state is a popular site for obscure off-shore entities that exist only on legal documents, limiting the potential liability of real businesses while obscuring their true owners.

With such layers upon layers of corporate shells and divisions, builders like Trump can purchase their steel from less-expensive Chinese suppliers without the ultimate supplier being readily apparent. That steel was then used in the construction of the Las Vegas property.

Another recent Trump building that has used metal from China is Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago, which opened in 2009. For that project, Trump obtained loans from Deutsche Bank and three hedge funds that in turn used financing from George Soros, the business magnate who is the subject of many conservative conspiracy theories and is portrayed as a threat to the Republican Party. The building required tons of aluminum and Trump elected not to purchase the metal from Alcoa or any other similar American producer, but instead turn to a subsidiary of a Chinese aluminum manufacturer. Because American businesses have been turning to cheaper aluminum from overseas, the industry is collapsing. For example, in just the last two years, more than half of the country’s aluminum smelters in states like Ohio, West Virginia and Texas have closed as a result of being undercut on price by competition from overseas.

Trump purchased the aluminum used in the Chicago project for what is called the “curtain wall”—the glass and metal exterior designed to save energy. The wall is made with 11,500 panels of thermal pane glass encased in aluminum. Each of the panels is 6 feet, 3 inches, meaning they used 207,000 feet of aluminum; the precise amount of tonnage could not be determined. However, assuming an admittedly light weight of a pound per foot, American companies lost out on more than $350 million in sales.

Make America Great Again?

Those are the words that his lips are saying (when they're not kissing Putin's ass) but a lifetime of actions say something else entirely.
edit on 2016-10-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hillary should just drone him and be done with it..

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Even Trump's detractor's propoganda tactics are made in Communist China.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
And Hillary Clinton is still corrupt and a liar.

News Flash : "A business man conducted busines trying to come in with low CoGs!"

I fail to see how private realm business practices in anyway compare in corruption to any one of Hillary's corrupt practices while on the tax payers dime.

All the long, quote ladened posts sighting Donald Trumps personal, private actions will not detract from the utter contempt Hillary and company have shown the American people via her deceipt etc...
edit on 3-10-2016 by BlueJacket because: Sp

edit on 3-10-2016 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

But that was the olde Trump.
He's changed big league now, so we should be ok.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Trump has made a living doing things by the corrupt laws and policies that are in place...he doesn't (yet) make the rules,he just knows how to use them to his advantage.
If he saved and made money with the current laws and policies,I'd say that is more than Hillary can do...at least he follows what stupid laws and policies are in place....Hillary thinks she is above the laws and does whatever she chooses,she is a sociopath with no regard for anyone but herself.

Let Trump make the rules so HE IS ABLE to have more American jobs and won't have to turn to China....that is the point about making America great again.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
That must have been a yuge shipping bill!

Don't hate it, cause you aint it.

The envy will eat your sole.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The fact that he used the tax laws and traded with other countries only enforces why I am voting for him. If it's legal I'm fine with it.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Materials a side, I'm willing to bet US construction companies and workers actually put together every one of those buildings.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm fully convinced we are dealing with bird brained morons.

"Trump's gonna end the gravy train that he has suckled for 50 years that keeps him lavish in a private jet".

This is basically what these bird brains are trying to convince us of.

How they've come to believe this is some sort of mind warp I wouldn't want to be victim of, as I may come out the other side a Trumpophant.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Even Trump's detractor's propoganda tactics are made in Communist China.

100% American made but that's pretty funny coming from a supporter of the Kremlin's candidate.

Here's some of my recent threads for you to read though in case you've missed them:

Dissecting The WikiLeaks Russian Connection - Part One (2 days ago)
Did WikiLeaks Exclude Syria To Russia Bank Transfer Emails From Syria Files? (today)
WikiLeaks Release Coming Wednesday? (today)

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

So you are taking issue with how Trump is legally doing business while completely ignoring Hillary doing everything illegally? Yep, that sounds about right for you.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I really don't get this...
This has actively participated in the things people are complaining about but we want to elect him exactly because of that reason?

Guess the fox gets to guard then hen house after it is done getting into it because it has the best knowledge on how to make sure that doesn't happen.

And shocking, no one on the thread wants to address the actual topic just say "But Hillary"...

Here is the medal for yalls mental gymnastics.
edit on rdMon, 03 Oct 2016 18:33:53 -0500America/Chicago1020165380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This has been the strategy for a few months now. Quick quips based on feeling. Memes made, Social Media lit afire and the news has run it to death. When the facts emerge, the masses have moved on. It extends to every "hot button" issue.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

...at least he follows what stupid laws and policies are in place....

Actually he doesn't. His foundation —that he's been using to pay off lawsuits and buy portraits of himself with other people's money — was forbidden from taking donations today because it never registered to solicit funds from the public (which would have triggered audits).

It's also pretty clear that he's bribed politicians. He's admitted to as much several times but the Bondi thing is likely to blow up in his face and possibly his dealings with Hevesi in NY.

This idea that he's just "smart" and exploiting a system that he's going to change is just part of his shtick.
edit on 2016-10-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

So you are taking issue with how Trump is legally doing business while completely ignoring Hillary doing everything illegally? Yep, that sounds about right for you.

Yawn. Let me know when you can bring yourself to acknowledge a single negative thing about Comrade Sniffleupagus. Typical meaningless, hypocritical one-liner.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What is ironic is that Trump went on and on about how Hillary hasn't done anything all these years, but yet Donnie goes on and on about he is the right guy for the job because he knows what is wrong.
Well then why did he wait so long?

Oh ya, because he wanted to milk it all for as much money as he could while avoiding taxes. I am sure that helped the middle class so much!

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This has been the strategy for a few months now. Quick quips based on feeling. Memes made, Social Media lit afire and the news has run it to death. When the facts emerge, the masses have moved on. It extends to every "hot button" issue.

Obviously you're not talking about the OPs I've been authoring.

Here's two of my most recent threads:

Dissecting The WikiLeaks Russian Connection - Part One (2 days ago)
Did WikiLeaks Exclude Syria To Russia Bank Transfer Emails From Syria Files? (today)

Now they might not have the moron appeal of the earpiece hoax or the "omg is that a catheter!" threads — I keep meaning to add more YouTube vidoes for non-readers — but I think you'll find that you're forced to admit that I do my homework.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Your political threads lack class. You seem to be unable to convey your message without condescending remarks or ad homs. Your slant is obvious and detracts from any sort of truth that would come of all of your "homework."

My reply was meant for whom I replied to.

Keep it muddy.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What gets me is that you believe if someone buys Over seas product which does put your people out of work are low life like trump. Well some of us don't have an income or on a pension to afford local products because of price. So we are just like trump 😡😡😡

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join