It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My history with 'Sleep Paralysis'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hey all,

Before I share my stories please take the time to read this pretext in an attempt to have a clearer understanding of the overall context.

I'm 27 years old as of a couple of weeks ago. My first experience happened at around the age of 23/24. I did not hold any paranormal beliefs prior to the experiences and there is absolutely no consistency between my physical or mental state and the onset of the experience.

Also, I would like to say that regardless of what this phenomenon is, 'paralysis' is a poor choice of word when in many cases the effect is more akin to moving underwater or in a jar of honey (lol). I do not personally have any strong idea of what this state is other than an intermediary state of consciousness that is sandwiched between wakefulness and sleep.

-------

I dream a lot, pretty much every night, and they're often grand and extreme. When I woke up one night in my university room, I knew for a fact that this wasn't a dream. Something was wrong though, it was an unmistakable feeling that shook me to the core instantly.

I looked towards my room door which was diagonally opposite my bed and saw a large black figure that seemed to be floating... that moment was absolutely terrifying. I knew I wasn't dreaming so I was essentially having a panic attack at the idea of this actually happening.

I tried to move or scream but realised I had no power to, and in the meanwhile this thing started slowly moving towards me. At this point I am literally feeling it radiate fear and evil as it moves closer and it's the most scared I've ever been in my life - keeping in mind that I've been in a couple of actual real life threatening situations. I actually submitted my life to it in my thoughts for that moment.

When it got to the side of my bed it slowed down and said something in a #ed up sounding language. Then it just suddenly flew out of my window, but it seemed to shrink to a point in space as it did so. I remember closing my eyes and suddenly being in what was definitely a dream relative to the experience that had just happened.

The dream involved the thing that I had just saw and it was chasing me around my secondary school area. I don't really get the significance of this. I had a very good time in school, although I had some bad experiences like everybody else of course.

Somehow I got away from it and suddenly a weird looking beast like creature that I can't remember in detail caused a 'rip' in my dream like it was fabric and laughed, only to say "I can control your dream". I then 'properly' woke up and pretty much stayed frozen in my bed for hours after trying to figure out WTF just happened.

I never had another experience in that room again, but I had a few small ones when I moved into a new place. These were very weird. It's like I would wake up but instantly I would know someone's with me. I would try to look around or turn and I could catch glimpses of movement but I can't see in time to properly understand what's happening.

Then one night I had a significantly different experience. I woke up and felt a presence and once again couldn't turn in time. However, when I felt the presence had gone, I realised there was a huge, transparent, crystal-like ball floating above my chest. It was about the size of a basketball. The fascinating thing is that at this point I'm able to move freely and I'm certain I'm awake. Everything in my room is how it should be.

I sit up and stare down at this ball in childlike awe. I then put my hand on it and realise that my hand (or any part of my body) disappears as I drive it through the ball, which seems to have no solidity. This amuses me massively and I entertain this for what seems to be 5 minutes before it goes and I fall asleep.

These experiences happened at fairly equal intervals over the last few years. My last experience was a few days ago and was very freaky. I was having a fairly lucid dream when I felt that I woke up in my normal bed, except I had a feeling for a second that I was in my parents room, which is something I get sometimes when I wake up really distorted.

The problem was, I instantly felt this strange 'twilight' like feeling that seems to accompany these experiences, that I can only explain as being normal but knowing something's definitely not normal. Even worse, I felt a weight on my bed next to me. There was no doubt in my mind about this. I closed my eyes because I was terrified, and then felt the weight actually shift towards me...

This was really scary but I was telling myself it was just another SP episide. As the weight got really close I swallowed my fear and opened my eyes to see wtf was going on. In that moment I saw a face come into my view from the left, except that it was almost 'faceless' and had what I seem to remember as white outlines as eyes.

It seemed to have straw like hair or something but it definitely wasn't straw. The face was almost completely black and void. What's crazy is that, despite this, in that moment I felt it had emotion through its 'eyes' - it seemed shocked to see me see it lol. It's the weirdest thing I've ever experienced.

In its 'shock' it rapidly reclined away from me and I desperately tried to turn towards in but I was very heavily weighed down. It made a very weird sound as it 'fled', something I'd describe almost as if it 'scurried' away. It was insect or pixie like if that makes sense. Little taps or giggles. When I knew it had gone, I could move freely and instantly got out of my bed and looked for it to now avail.

I really don't know what to make of these experiences but it's very hard to deduce a logical theory for the content of them and the consistencies they seem to somewhat share across a multitude of different parameters. They're bloody scary too lol. I hope this proves interesting or insightful to anyone. Please share your stories too if you desire.

Peace,
edit on 3-10-2016 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

Thanks for sharing what sounds like must be a terrifying experience for you.

I have no insights to offer but would ask a question or two if you are comfortable answering.

Do you ever (that you can remember) experience any headaches or migraines before during or after these incidents?
Have the incidents only happened at night? *You said that the words the figure spoke were in a strange language but were you able to possibly make out anything it was saying?
Do you suffer any other issues, such as paranoia or anxiety daily?

Thanks in advance and I hope you are able to find some answers and relief.
edit on 3-10-2016 by TNMockingbird because: * added a ?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

No worries mate,

Do you ever (that you can remember) experience any headaches or migraines before during or after these incidents? 

Never. It's also irrespective of how tired I am.

Have the incidents only happened at night?

The most recent one involved me going to sleep at about 6am (don't ask lol) so it was getting light outside. It doesn't seem to matter. I don't really sleep during the actual day but I have faint recollection of it happening once on my sofa during a daytime nap.

Do you suffer any other issues, such as paranoia or anxiety daily?

Not at all. In fact, I'd say these experiences have happened at times when I've been generally a bit down as well as times where I'm really happy and content.

If there's any one thing I can say I've noticed, it's that it seems to be more likely if I sleep on my back, but that does not mean it doesn't happen when I'm sideways. My very first experience that I mentioned earlier involved me being completely on my side, which is my preferred position.

That could just be my imagination though. Even though it sounds terrifying, you sort of get used to it and learn to control the fear over time. You tell yourself to calm down and it's just a SP experience so nothing can ultimately hurt you.

I'm more intrigued than pained by the whole thing tbh.
edit on 3-10-2016 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I used to suffer from sleep paralysis, so I stopped sleeping on my back. Now I hardly get them, but when I do, it's always the same, I'm waking up on my back.

I started having sleep paralysis when I was 15. Back then it was a feeling of paralysis. But as I got older it developed from. "Oh crap, I can't move my arms and legs" to "I'm moving my arms in-front of my face, but I can't see them. It's like my consciousness is not in my body.

One night I remember getting up and switching on the light and it wouldn't switch on. It dawned on me that I wasn't physically up out of bed, but still in bed. Then I'm back in my body, but again, cannot move.

But I think the strangest moment, was waking up and seeing coding like the matrix. haha

My advice is try sleeping on your side.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If you look back, like I have, in the paranormal forum, you'd see, sleep paralysis is the very first thing mentioned, and the most common thing, throughout the years.

I had it simce 4 years old, and saw many demonic fallen angels bullying me.

I really can't phantom the sick mentally deranged attitude a fallen angel millions of years old gets from abusing little boys, or even young men, or anyone.

They are sick spirits, wicked demons. Why are they such bullies?

One thing is for sure, they hate us, just like Satan.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Did you have any apple juice before bed?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I was terrified just reading your story, can't imagine how you were being there.

I had a similar episode once, when I woke up and felt like someone was in the room, but I couldn't move to check it out, and I felt very desperate about it, only happened once and I'm not sure if I want to experience it again lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Hey man, I don't know if you saw my earlier reply but I also noted that it seems to happen more often when I'm sleeping on my back.

It's not enough knowledge for me to be happy with though. My first experience was definitely on my side and I've had others where I've woken up on my side so it really doesn't seem to be that strong of a connection.

Also, I naturally prefer to sleep on my side so I can't really improve my situation in that regard. Thanks for the advice though dude.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

No?! That's a really random question lol. What makes you think apple juice is the cause of such complex yet sustained experiences?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: youandme

Hey there, I'm sorry you seem to have such unfavourable memories of these things.

Although I also feel I'm being bullied by things more powerful than me (it really does feel that way), it intrigues the scientist inside me so much that I'd happily experience a few more of these episodes, even if I am terrified at the time lol.

So, you're convinced these entities are real and are the so called angels or watchers? I admit it seems to fit the description quite well. Islam's version in the form of the Djinn is probably the closest description I've found of what these things would be if 'real'.

If we take that stance for a second (it's real and described in ancient texts), I think you'll find your answer to why they bully us within the texts themselves. The Angels/Demons or Djinn were jealous of us because of our ability to experience the universe in its whole. God created them only to then demote their position into being our babysitters.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

My own experiences as well as the google machine? Apple juice contains just the right stuff to get you into sleep paralysis mode, went to bed once with a bottle of appletizer next to my bed, what a night...

There are many things that can trigger sleep paralysis, just don't venture into the realm of 'evil demonic spirits' and such nonsense. We're blocked to the things we don't believe, sleep paralysis and it's symptoms are well documented, please don't ever consider it being paranormal

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. I have had sleep paralysis since the age of 13. The first instance was when I feel asleep on the couch in my livingroom. I was sleeping there as it was the room with the stereo & my parents occupied the other two. I fell asleep and found myself flipping end over end in the middle of the room surrounded by a blue light, I could hear a growling like that of a wolf in the corners but I never saw anything. That was the beginning of many scary experiences (shrouded in black mannequins grabbing at me, etc) until I told my mum and she said she had the same thing as a teen. Sleeping on my back used to be the defining factor but now at the age of 40+ they come when they come and I can feel them ready to happen. Just before I fall asleep the visions in mind's eye come, kaleidoscophic and now I don't fear them. It is an adventure. Remember this. Nothing can hurt or scare you unless you let it. You are the ruler of your dreams. In my dreams I can move things with my mind and defeat enemies by stopping them in their tracks. It's not scary anymore but an adventure.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hi Daz - Thanks for giving me a shout...
I've not really had any further episodes since the one you mentioned in PM.

I am no closer to really understanding what SP is.
Could it all be in the mind? Yes.
Could it be Spiritual/Demonic/Alien entities? Yes.

I find it intriguing that one of yours seems surprised that you saw it!
That would suggest, (if real) that they routinely visit without being detected?
It's like you got a "peek" through the veil.

Great stuff - Thanks for sharing.

G

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Used to experience these all the time from my late teenage years to early 20s. If you want it to stop, tell yourself each night before going to sleep(out loud) that you will sleep peacefully and won`t remember anything when you wake up. Yeah, it comes with a cost, no more vivid dreaming...

If you want to enhance it, repeat...'mind awake, body asleep' until you fall asleep. I would not recommend this though because fear is involved in your case. It may already be beyond now. I have experienced something similar and it will only get worse to the point where you`ll start dreaming in broad daylight, hearing voices and stuff...You may think of it as your code being corrupted by a malware, if that makes more sense.

Thing is, you will not be able to make sense of it by any amount of logic. For me, it helped when I rediscovered my faith in the divine, which was actually put in motion but a curious chain of events. Or should I say 'calculated', which I was only able to make sense of it looking backwards from a different perspective.

So try the first one and if it doesn`t stop, then you`ll probably follow a similar path. In either case, don`t worry, it will eventually work out on its own. Just don`t do something stupid when you are at your worst, if it comes to this. Know that their plan is to drive you crazy to act against yourself and/or others because they can`t do it themselves, whatever they are.

Good luck

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
pretty late response but I get a lot of these too man, I'm 23. the most recent one was today actually which is why I'm on this forum I hardly even get scared anymore for me once I wake up in the middle of the night usually 03:00-06:00 I wake up saying, damn man again then ill start looking around the room. today I did not see anything but I was hearing a woman speaking could not make up the words though. the scariest one I have ever had was a blue light that was coming from the ceiling, it said that it was all knowing and knew everything that I could ask whatever I wanted but I regret being afraid lol pretty interesting it said I should study anthropology

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I've been dealing with sleep paralysis and night terrors for at least one week out of every month, for the past four years. My first notable episode occurred around the age of 25. I've just recently learned to use the experiences as a window for Astral Projection.

edit on 20-11-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Anyone ever wet the bed during Sleep Paralysis

top topics

join