It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microcosm of creation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have an idea that came to me today in a particular shape I hadn't recognized before. First off it is important that anyone understand that I believe there is evidence of a Creator. I don't want to go into specifics of that Creator because the specifics don't apply necessarily or aren't pertinent. If you don't see any evidence of a Creator or believe there is or was one this might just be a BS topic that you don't care to entertain. I do however know there are people that know what I know or see what I see.

In any case I was thinking about the Creator and our lives and simulations and a bunch of out there "you are crazy" type stuff. I realized if the Creator created reality and or universe in order to experience itself from an individual perspective isn't having children or procreating a microcosm of that? We all have an unknown or unconscious drive to procreate so that in them WE, and in us THEY, get a new chance every time to experience that awe and wonder again.

The exact line of thought that got me here is kind of convoluted. I believe that we are all the same "ME" but we are unable to really express or even discuss the possibilities of that between ourselves because it is a difficult idea to convey, if not impossible to prove. But I extrapolated that idea to my relationship with my children. Sometimes I have seen my children do things that I did as a child that I thought was unique because I had and have not ever seen another person do them. I sometimes play a game with my son when we talk, and I ask him about if he remembers when he was the Dad and I was the Son. He always plays along with me but he is young so it doesn't mean much.I see so much of myself in him, and so much of my father in me that it is uncanny.

I guess it is just the unique relationship that Parents and children have that fascinates me. The idea that we are passing our DNA and genetic material and creating these little beings who are molded by our actions, words, personalities, rules, etc. And how it is in someway experiencing ourselves from a 3rd party perspective. And it kind of blew my mind a little bit I will be honest.

The reason this is in The Gray Area is because I am not sure it even makes sense to me. I am not offering this as any kind of theory or arguing for anyone to adopt this perspective. I am kind of thinking out loud but I think it is an interesting enough idea that I wanted to share. Please indulge me I don't start many threads so I already know I am not good at getting my thoughts together for a cohesive OP.

I truly hope this doesn't result in any debates or arguments. That is not at all the intention of the discussion. Please everyone be civil. If you don't share these views or if this all sounds like Mumbo Jumbo please do what you think is right. This is not meant to be an affront to Science or Established religion. This is meant to occupy the space between the two.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Interesting view. And I think your point is totally valid, however I'd like to add my understanding of this as it's also food for thought.

In a way, having children is a microcosm of creation. But I feel that's more of a secondary result than the purpose of reproduction.

Our purpose in this incarnation is to evolve the soul towards enlightenment and ultimately to further reunite with the creator. To have children allows you to experience things through their limited perception but also enhances our own experience as the self by adding another dimension.

In other words, we're constantly surrounded by catalysts coming from other people or our neighbors. We shape who we are based on our reactions and choices to other people's words and actions. It's instinctual for us to love our children unconditionally, yet much harder to do that with our neighbors.

In that sense, children are a catalyst that can help us nurture unconditional love with the rest of society. For example, if someone does something careless that hurts you, you'll feel more aggression towards that person than you would towards your own child. We feel seperate from that other person, while we feel out children are a part of us.

In short, they're amazing little catalysts for compassion. In my opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yes I totally get what you're saying. Life and it's purpose is fascinating to ponder.

I'm with you in that I believe our children...bloodline if you will is so much a part of who we are...our image if you will.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Interesting view. And I think your point is totally valid, however I'd like to add my understanding of this as it's also food for thought.

In a way, having children is a microcosm of creation. But I feel that's more of a secondary result than the purpose of reproduction.

Our purpose in this incarnation is to evolve the soul towards enlightenment and ultimately to further reunite with the creator. To have children allows you to experience things through their limited perception but also enhances our own experience as the self by adding another dimension.

In other words, we're constantly surrounded by catalysts coming from other people or our neighbors. We shape who we are based on our reactions and choices to other people's words and actions. It's instinctual for us to love our children unconditionally, yet much harder to do that with our neighbors.

In that sense, children are a catalyst that can help us nurture unconditional love with the rest of society. For example, if someone does something careless that hurts you, you'll feel more aggression towards that person than you would towards your own child. We feel seperate from that other person, while we feel out children are a part of us.

In short, they're amazing little catalysts for compassion. In my opinion.

I see exactly what you mean and I agree. I don't have anything profound to add unfortunately. So much of this type of topic for me is hard to communicate for some reason. I don't know if I just lack the ability or the vocabulary. I feel like I see all of these connections spanning infinitely in my mind, and see how the cycle works and everything effects everything else but I can't every truly convey it.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Yes I totally get what you're saying. Life and it's purpose is fascinating to ponder.

I'm with you in that I believe our children...bloodline if you will is so much a part of who we are...our image if you will.

It really is. As I change while I grow older I see the amazing in the mundane. I a lot of that is probably just age and wisdom, but it is strange that I am seeing the same exact things I have always seen but I just see them in a totally different way than before. I find myself staring and dwelling on things that 5 years ago I wouldn't have found the least bit interesting. In those things it's like I am seeing an entirely new world.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Good read with logical perceptions of us fractals which make up the WHOLE*

NAMASTE*******

top topics

join