It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington's governing elites think we're all morons, a new study says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Spider879

All we talk about now is Trump or Hillary's approval at @40%.

No one ever talks about the disapproval of congress (@90%).

Maybe we are morons.

Hillary's "Basket of Deplorables" is how the Washington, and Mainstream Media, ESTABLISHMENTS describe and speak about all American consumers, during their little closed-door meetings.

The best way to prove they're right is to put ONE OF THEM in charge of the country. Hillary will be a wonderful gift, straight from the deplorable Democratic voters of America.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

i've said for years, the politicians aren't the one we need to worry about so much, it's the bureaucrats and their underlings that are the ones that screw us, as they scratch and claw to what they think is a better position. just look at lynch and comey.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Their labeling won't stop until it's stood up to, proved wrong, in this "information war".

Americans are too complacent. Not having wars on our homeland. Not having a dictator-or at least one that is tyrannical, minus bad presidents and administrations, etc.

As well as are too impressionable that "their candidate" will either solve all the problems that the nation faces and or can firmly uphold what they view as alright in the nation.

Such as; When the likely(Hillary) selected candidate is in, the supporters will support war when if it was from the other side they would not(ie Bush in the past). On the other side, if Trump were the selected candidate, those who were once pro privacy(anti NSA and other), will support his "stop and frisk" and of him wanting a "database for Muslims"/ "database for all Americans". There's an inherent problem with those though processes that need to be addressed.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Easy way is to become an army and fight them face to face... They are human right?? lol.

Even wolf's have to die at some point.

Washington's governing elites think we're all morons, a new study says

uh oh...they might have a point.

Ha ha it was obviously a joke but i could see something like it happening one day.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Washington's governing elites think we're all morons

Does that make them delusional?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaMaa
Well to be fair, a good percentage of people really are morons. I can't say I entirely disagree with them.

Yes, but one of the best ways to learn how not to be stupid is to get bitten by your mistakes. Experience is a harsh mistress, but one of the best ones.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Nope. Not in the slightest.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

2 major things I'll address w/this.

1. This quote from the part you linked is probably true:

Bachner report that the overwhelming majority of D.C.'s Beltway Insiders think the American public is pitifully uninformed on government policy. 72 percent of those governing officials think the public has little or no knowledge about policies to aid the poor. 71 percent believe that they have little or no knowledge about science and technology.

Most people really don't seem to know or care about the details of actual policies. It seems like people would rather listen to a trusted commentator as he/she gives a biased interpretation of a new policy, rather than read the actual policy/bill/memo for themselves. In fact, I'm convinced that most citizens have never even read the full US Constitution, even though it's a short document. They just repeat what their preferred politicians and commentators tell them when it comes to what's supposedly constitutional or unconstitutional.

2. The deeper I get into politics, the more I'm starting to come to the same conclusion as this article. Though my view is for a completely different reason than what you speculated here:

so why the disconnect, my thoughts is, something or someone came in between our elected officials and us, these are paid lobbyist who are now so brazen they write policy for their own benefit and "our" elected or selected officials rubber stamp it while getting paid but the big pay day is when they finish politicking to become lobbyist themselves

For me, it's the ridiculous complexity of the current systems and the public's complete apathy for the complexities of getting stuff done. I've been learning my State's political structure, from the different county & city governments to the State agencies and how they interact w/federal agencies on "their" soil. And this crap is hard! It's an ugly and over complicated web of crap & regulations. But a lot of the crap & regulations are absolutely necessary in order to stop or reduce different forms of corruption or public disasters (with a lot of the crap & regulations being put into place specifically because of an instance of corruption).

Unfortunately, citizens don't know about this stuff, don't care about this stuff, and seem to have no patience whatsoever in trying to learn about this stuff. They constantly try to flush out every "insider" even though they don't realize that even good policies take time to get passed, and then take even more time and money to get implemented. And they trust any random demagogue who claims "Rawr, the govt's doing something evil again!!1!" without even checking the actual bill or policy. Grrr...

And of course, people seem to love voting against their own interests. I will never ever ever allow myself to accept that as a rational thing. Living in a region where people love to go fishing, camping, and hiking, it absolutely baffles me that they overwhelmingly reject pro-environmental policies. Fools! They complain about junk and toxic crap in the lakes and rivers, then vote to allow companies to pump junk and toxic crap in the rivers. They complain about trash and toxic crap in a campground or on a walking trail, then vote to cut funding to the parks (which includes cutting crew size and crew working hours, which are the people who clean that stuff). And my State has a massive health issue out here with different respiratory illnesses, but the people here still vote for policies that allow companies to pump more toxins in the air. And these are just a few of many examples.
edit on 4-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: 2 typos. thanks obama

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Maybe because it's really hard to go hunting, camping, fishing, biking, etc., when the so-called sound environmental policy has shut down the business that was your livelihood?

No money = no leisure in the great outdoors even if it is saved.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Looking at the large swath of people who support Trump? Despite everything about him?

I'd have to agree with them, the proof is in the pudding and baby we're swimming in it

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Looking at the large swath of people who support Trump? Despite everything about him?

I'd have to agree with them, the proof is in the pudding and baby we're swimming in it

You could say the same about Hillary despite all we know about her.

But for a lot of people ... those are the only real options. I don't like Trump at all, but I hate Hillary more.

Your other two options are someone who was to the far left of Bernie and makes his economic policies look like they can from the Mises Institute and a guy who is obviously a serial stoner with the intellectual prowess and facility to match.
edit on 4-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Part of the obedient fearful sheep MK Ultra- People like to be told what to do and be lead. Not me...and if pushed my TULPA generator will kick in and destroy a whole lot of stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You could say the same about Hillary despite all we know about her. But for a lot of people ... those are the only real options. I don't like Trump at all, but I hate Hillary more.

yeah NOW , discounting Gary Johnson which is still an option......

But we have no excuse , we had a field of 16.......16! candidates.......and we chose this one?

yeah were stupid.......

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: chrismarco

Sadly I agree with them...we have a two party system that people blindly follow and question nothing...sounds about right

So the prevailing opinion so far is the "The masses are asses."a quote supposedly made by Alexander Hamilton , if so what to do about fixing it, we had social studies in High School and lessons in democracy by having a voting student body for class president, so when did most ppl stop caring and do mostly complaining.

Sending kids to a government school to be educated about government is a big mistake. People do care, but they care more about the other party than their own. To show how much they care, they complain about the greater evil while pledging support for the lesser evil; then the lesser evil just keeps out growing the greater evil.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They are dependent on us "morons". They need us, we don't need them. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I would argue that a person is intelligent, but as a whole we are morons. Look what we allow them to do... and all we have the right to do about it is complain on the internet.

Vote them out you say?

HA! I reply. Your vote does not, and has never meant anything.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

all voting does is give them a idea of what they can get away with.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: AshFan

all voting does is give them a idea of what they can get away with.

Its a distraction, and is being used to give the illusion of control

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Maybe because it's really hard to go hunting, camping, fishing, biking, etc., when the so-called sound environmental policy has shut down the business that was your livelihood?

No money = no leisure in the great outdoors even if it is saved.

That doesn't even make sense unless your job is to destroy the very environment that those fish and animals live in. and if that's the case, then the animals would be gone or dead in the first place, so there'd be nothing to hunt or fish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join