It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump the Heretic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You're lucky you're behind a screen...otherwise you would have gotten knocked out already and decently beaten.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No. That one fit perfectly.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Utterly false, again. Irrationality at its ugliest.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

To be fair, the anger being displayed is not a result of Trump running for office.

He is just a "Judas Goat" for the failures of DC for the past 50 years.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You're lucky you're behind a screen...otherwise you would have gotten knocked out already and decently beaten.

I like to think I could charm them just enough to avoid violence.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The author of the thread is stating that Trump is being treated as a heretic for just about any position he has publicly stated an opinion on.

Here is an historical view on heresy,

They that approve a private opinion, call it opinion; but they that mislike it, heresy: and yet heresy signifies no more than private opinion.
Thomas Hobbes (1588-1679), Leviathan

So those that criticize Trump in this manner paint his opinions as heretical.
Global warming
Gun rights
Mexican border
Syrian War immigration
taxes
trade deals
jobs
bringing back offshore cash to restore manufacturing in the nation
Radical Islamic Terrorism

He has to give an opinion on all of these pressing issues, but guess what? Instantly with ferocity they are branded heretical. The only entity his opinions would be genuinely heretical to, would be Corporate Globalism, which is positioning itself above national sovereignties. This new idealism embraces the taxation of the world through global warming initiatives, seeks disarmed citizenry globally, wants open borders and cheap labor of the third world nations, presses to destabilize sovereignties through forced immigration by tolerating the mass genocide in Syria. The Nations are too weak and dependent for their alliances to act where moral obligation demands it. So we see Ukraine get divided, Syria fall into civil war, Islamic State rise with it's barbaric human atrocities, terror sweeping across the free world.

Hillary is more of the same. Trump has an opposing opinion but apparently that is not allowed as we witness him roasted at the stake almost hourly.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I resent that!

Seriously, Trump is not a victim of Hillary's supporters, the media, Hollywood or ANYONE. He has created the monster you see before you. And he's lovin' every minute of it. He deserves everything that comes to him from this.

I don't see a monster. Just a man. We should refrain from treating men like gods and devils.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigo5

Did honest Abe declare himself the "King of Bankruptcies" and brag how exploited the bankruptcy laws to profit from other investors losses?

Trump has used the bankruptcy laws the way a bank robber uses a gun.

I believe his debts...recently disclosed 500 Million to Deutsche Bank alone ...outweigh his self-claimed assets.

Shortly after his failed presidential campaign, I suspect we will see him once again descend into bankruptcy.

More prophecy. Trump has done what any other person in his position would do. Perhaps you yourself would fold during times of economic hardship, but Trump clearly doesn't.

Les...do I detect a sense of kinship? Perhaps some quality you see in Trump that you deeply relate to?

He has never started over, but rather profited from failure at others expense...He is very proud of that in a way only a man without honor can be.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

To be fair, the anger being displayed is not a result of Trump running for office.

He is just a "Judas Goat" for the failures of DC for the past 50 years.

Well...was it this bad when Romney was running for office ? Maybe I just wasnt following closely.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You're a perfect counter-example of my comment, MBTM ... a well-known, cogent established conservative voice here at ATS ... and yet, you've seen through Trump's charade since the beginning. One by one, I've seen other friends of ours on the Right here slowly adopt the droning chant turning any of the very clear and blatant failings of this man (put on constant display for us not by the "MSM" but by his OWN words and actions) into "spun gold."

EDIT: Yes, the Rumpelstiltskin reference is intentional.

I am appalled that any thinking person can listen to the repetitive drivel that comes out of the man's mouth and even make sense of it, much less, praise it as some sort of populist gospel.

Thanks for remaining rational in the midst of the absurdity.

edit on 3-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Point taken.

But were things as bad then as they are now?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I resent that!

Seriously, Trump is not a victim of Hillary's supporters, the media, Hollywood or ANYONE. He has created the monster you see before you. And he's lovin' every minute of it. He deserves everything that comes to him from this.

I don't see a monster. Just a man. We should refrain from treating men like gods and devils.

but but...they have millions of twitter followers. Surely...that has to mean something universally.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

From what I can see, OP has adopted "Trumpism" as a sort of intellectual exercise or semantic competition.

Of course, since LM always tries to make/remake the rules of conversation/debate/argument ... it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy of superiority.

TL;DR: Alternate explanation: one of the two of us is nuts.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I have never been offended by Trump's lack of political correctness..

It is his message and the manner in which he unabashedly panders to the worst of people's nature.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Point taken.

But were things as bad then as they are now?

I dont know man. If Obama could run again...would he lose ? Having the backing of the media and all...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

It is his message and the manner in which he unabashedly panders to the worst of people's nature.

For me, it's the infantile, repetitive, stream-of-consciousness of his "rhetoric."

How anyone can claim to even understand half of that tripe is beyond me.

EDIT: No, it's not that Trump is hard to understand ... it's that the vast majority of what he says, that isn't directed at petty insults, is empty and meaningless.

edit on 3-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

No more so than your own?

Edward Abbey once said "Orthodoxy is a relaxation of the mind accompanied by a stiffening of the heart"

I subscribe to his definition and it well describes Trumps pandering pseudo-conservative speak.

Trump's dialect and way of speaking again. I get it. You do not like it.

???

Somehow I thought you would know the definition of dialect?

His manner of speech does not offend me...It is when he does make full sentences, his message is ugly emotive pandering to pseudo-conservatives.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Obama has done a great job of convincing the American public that he is doing things FOR them.

With a disapproval rating of @ 90% for congress, the only conclusion I can come to is that we are a nation of idiots.

(
)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Indigo5

For me, it's the infantile, repetitive, stream-of-consciousness of his "rhetoric."

Oh...it's definitely word-vomit...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

From what I can see, OP has adopted "Trumpism" as a sort of intellectual exercise or semantic competition.

Too deep even for my liking, friend. I never thought you had it in you.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

his message is ugly emotive pandering to pseudo-conservatives.

but some of us are just that...emotional and in need pandering. We exist. Therefore...he represents. It's the beauty of "diversity"...that thing you like.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join