It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-seat belt law advocate is killed in automobile accident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I don't understand what the problem is wearing seatbelts. I feel naked without mine. The only time it is a pain is when you have a heavy jacket on maybe. I could also see it being a problem if you were obese, but don't they make adapters for that? At 29 I've been in 4 crashes, 3 of them total wrecks, (1 my fault) and always had a seatbelt on. I don't wanna think what might have happened if I didn't. I just think some people aren't happy with life if they don't have something to protest.

This may sound harsh, but I feel sorry for his family but not for him. He's dead, no problems for him anymore, but his family has to suffer with this until the end of their days.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
deevee
I'm an excellent driver, certified in defensive and offensive driving, both in sedans and stretches, for use in executive security situations. I think the total is 31, but I'm not sure. Some of my college years are a little fuzzy.
For the vast majority of those accidents, probably 28 I was a passenger. The other handful weren't my fault. I've never even gotten a speeding ticket.

Orion
I think the difference between the scenario you referenced, and my point, is the potential for innocent victims. If everyone was driving a buck ten on rural roads, it wouldn't just be drivers dying left and right. If you took away the seat belt law, the only people killed would be those who made the conscious decision to ignore some aspect of their own safety. My scenario rewards good thinking, your scenario rewards luck (evolutionarily speaking).

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I wear my belts for safety and also for the insurance benefits. But that's my choice and it should be your choice, not the law. Same as smoking or drinking.

Kids need to be protected and must be required to wear them.

<< 1   >>

join