It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the Flint Water Crisis? Officials are Being Charged vs Hillary Email Scandal = Zero

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Flint Water Crisis

Does anyone even remember the Flint Water Crisis?

Well guess what the Michigan Attorney General has charged 3 officials so far, and vows he’s not stopping until justice is served.

Criminal charges against three men in Michigan on Wednesday marked a milestone in a crisis that's been years in the making, potentially harmed tens of thousands of people and cast a harsh spotlight on infrastructure issues across the country.

Mike Glasgow, Stephen Busch and Mike Prysby could face years of prison time if they're convicted. They're the first government employees to face charges tied to the Flint water crisis.

What the AG had to say on the matters.

State Attorney General Bill Schuette told reporters that the charges "are only the beginning" of a lengthy and exhaustive probe. "No one is above the law, not on my watch," he said.

What the Governor had to say on his behalf.

Gov. Rick Snyder maintained that he'd done nothing wrong. "Due process," he said, will reveal whether anyone acted criminally. Sound familiar?

I guess intent is necessary right? So maybe the 3 men should just get a warning like Hillary.

So when the security of our country is involved, and may have cost US citizens their lives in Bengazi, no one is accountable?

We actually will never be able to quantify the damage Hillary did, but the FBI just slaps her on the wrist and say’s you did a “Boo Boo bad girl”

Our justice system is flawed and the FBI knows they look bad for what they did. It will forever tarnish their reputation, as a model to serve justice and what is right.

Does anyone think we should give people in high offices a pass when they know they are doing something illegal, and/or wrong but still continue?

edit on 3-10-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
While I most certainly don't think ANYONE should be given a pass in this whole Cluster*()&, I honestly believe this is more of a pissing match between Schuette and Schneider. I personally think Schneider started out with good intentions, but has fallen from grace.

And interestingly, now another water problem has come to light, although not as bad as Flint, in Leslie. But it had apparently been going on for years as well.

MI is becoming "Water, Water everywhere, but not a drop to drink"

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, around here (flint!) we sure have not forgotten. Most folks around here tho are looking to see someone pay, so these indictments are welcome .

Most would like to see Snyder on the gallows tbh, and him supposedly using tax money to cover his legal funds doesn't help.

While I agree with your sentiment, most will just say that visibly effecting and poisoning an already "oppressed" community is much worse than possibly maybe being "careless" with classified docs who's real damage may or may not be serious. Plus the old "well we can't let Trump win!!" Fallback combined with party loyalty will pretty much let Hillary get away with anything .

Personally, I say tar and feather all of them big and small. But you're right the hypocrisy runs thick , and to point this out to anyone around here would basically be taken as trivializing the situation and not thinking about the children!!!
Meanwhile, Big Willy C. Is in town today and I'm sure he will have a sold out crowd

a reply to: Realtruth

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Michigan water issues are not comparable to Hillary's email.

It's quite possible that one of these men, for example, did not properly report lab results, or altered the results.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Good assessment.

Personally I think we need to step back from the partisanship thing and keep our eye on the ball. Many have been brainwashed to pick a side since birth, just like sports teams, schools and other rivalries.

The elite exploit that mentality when they are in trouble, sure just point to a side and watch the "Jerry Springer's" come to life.

People are so easily distracted, no wonder the elite can fleece the masses, but it really needs to end soon and not by force, but with reason and the ability to critically think.

This way we can see the scumbags, at the top, for what they really are. We have nothing in common with people that can work a public office and still make a quarter million dollars for one speech, at Goldman Sachs, in 30 minutes. The same goes for the republican billionaires.

The last president that tried to actually do something right and for the people, got his brains air-conditioned in Texas, in 1963.

smh

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's quite possible that one of these men, for example, did not properly report lab results, or altered the results.

Let's review your statement, and just change a couple of words.

Someone did not properly report illegal servers, breaches, but altered emails. But when it did become an issue they tried to destroy the evidence.

At least in Michigan no one was caught destroying evidence.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Let's review your statement, and just change a couple of words.

Someone did not properly report illegal servers, breaches, but altered emails. But when it did become an issue they tried to destroy the evidence.

At least in Michigan no one was caught destroying evidence.

Still not the same thing. Sorry to say.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well of course it's not the same thing, and you need not be sorry, or passive.

It has to do with the hypocrisy's in our blind justice system. One day you will understand young Jedi.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Well of course it's not the same thing, and you need not be sorry, or passive.

It has to do with the hypocrisy's in our blind justice system. One day you will understand young Jedi.

Hypocrisy in our justice system has nothing to do with it either. Obviously, you do not understand why Hillary was not charged and how the potential crime/act committed in this case is not comparable to Hillary's email issue.
edit on 3-10-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Maybe no one should get in trouble anymore! Just do as you please and then cry Hillary when you get caught.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Well, it's not like you can destroy the evidence in the Flint case. Unless you get rid of the kids that tested for lead poisoning that led to the investigation.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Well, it's not like you can destroy the evidence in the Flint case. Unless you get rid of the kids that tested for lead poisoning that led to the investigation.

Lead poisoning could come from anywhere, even old paint in house, so they would need to prove exactly how, why, who, and if their was intent on harming people.

The problem with the Clinton email scandal is officials can now point to intent, or they didn't mean to hurt anyone, but in Flint's case the bad guys are getting exactly what is coming to them, because the DOJ in Michigan is standup and doing what's just and right by the laws of our land.

Hopefully we'll see some justice on Clinton's Email Scandal, but I'm not holding my breath since the fix is in, and the corruption leads all the way to the President on this one.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I think it is pretty clear how the Flint children were poisoned, but if it makes you feel better you can deny it. I get that emails are much more fun. I have followed this case from the first, there are other resources, but do your own work.

"Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha analyzed the levels of 1,400 kids in Flint before and after the switch to the Flint River.

Her research found elevated blood lead levels in more than twice as many kids after the city switched water sources.

In some areas of Flint, three times as many kids were found to have high blood lead levels.

Kids outside of the city showed no change."

www.abc12.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I think it is pretty clear how the Flint children were poisoned, but if it makes you feel better you can deny it. I get that emails are much more fun. I have followed this case from the first, there are other resources, but do your own work.

The OP was about the hypocrisies of the justice system and a comparison.

I live in Michigan, and personally know the people prosecuting the criminals, so as for "homework" no need for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
And these cases compare how?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Wow you took an issue that has literally ZERO to do with Clinton, used a false equivalence and managed to bring her into the discussion. I'd like to talk about the Flint water crisis, but this is just a loaded thread for right wingers to laugh at liberals for. Huge waste of space and nothing productive will be accomplished or discussed here.

edit on 4-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You still stand behind this statement:
"Lead poisoning could come from anywhere, even old paint in house, so they would need to prove exactly how, why, who, and if their was intent on harming people. "

ETA: People are being charged because the evidence cannot be hidden.

edit on 4-10-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wow you took an issue that has literally ZERO to do with Clinton, used a false equivalence and managed to bring her into the discussion. I'd like to talk about the Flint water crisis, but this is just a loaded thread for right wingers to laugh at liberals for. Huge waste of space and nothing productive will be accomplished or discussed here.

Not really. Hillary was guilty, but they couldn't prove intent. She was just careless and reckless.

These folks may be guilty, but unless they intended to give Flint residents poisoned water how can they be guilty? They were just careless.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well then it appears you have partisan blinders on and would rather support a criminal, than have an ethical leader.

Trump should have never made it to where he is also, and that is the fault of the republican party. Allowing criminals that have zero ethics to run for office, and given a pass because of who they are is despicable.

I'm actually a Democrat, and with the corruption going on these days it's wonderful too see Michigan prosecuting officials that are high up, but I won't like my partisanship blind me from the truth.

Maybe one day the propaganda machine will cease to exist and people will actually think for themselves, instead of picking a side and running blindly with their overwhelming corrupt choices.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I have partisan blinders on because you wrote a thread using a false equivalence? Lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join