It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help with a question about DNA evidence in an elected official rape allegation case

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Looking forward to reading your coverage of this. What a tease.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Witness2008
You think that asking people on ATS questions is a valid investigatory technique?
Better than, say, consulting with actual experts?

He's writing an article. Remember?

To be fair, chewing the cud and kicking ideas around are valid parts of investigative journalism, although they don't get as much attention as the gumshoe bits. You know how often new ideas bubble up during chats by the water-cooler? It's a known thing.

And the internet does offer access to a wide variety of perspectives, so when you're completely stuck with a story it's as good a place as any, if not better. N.b., it depends what discussion forum you use!

It's a form of crowd-sourcing, and you never know who might create the right spark in your mind. Maybe no-one, but if you don't cast, you can't catch. If OP is legit then he's to be praised for laying his cards on the table. Most reporters are far less scrupulous.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

If he was there he could not hide his DNA. He could only have planned on not leaving any by wearing gloves, a condom and a hat completely covering his hair.
What about other physical evidence? Fibers? Animal hair. Does he have a pet? Everything I own has a trace of my cat on it.
I bet I leave traces of her where ever I go. Certainly in a physical altercation there would be a transfer.

What puts him there again?
What is the packed snow about? Explain it's significance again please and what put your suspect at the scene?

<< 1  2   >>

join