It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would We Kneel During the National Anthem? (And the Missed Warning.)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I will still stand for the troops. No one compels them to serve and they do a hard job. They also do a lot of good when they aren't being abused by the civilian leadership at home.

When there is a major disaster ... the troops are the ones with the logistical ability and reach to go in and do the heavy work that needs to be done in places that don't have their own well organized forces. They help us get our nation's generosity into places where it can help.

But I am not going to dis the soldiers for what the politicians do with them.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We do it for guys like these.

And what they've been willing to do over the course of the centuries to keep this country for us going all the way back to the first ones who took up arms and fought the Revolution.

originally posted by: ketsuko

I will still stand for the troops. No one compels them to serve and they do a hard job. They also do a lot of good when they aren't being abused by the civilian leadership at home.

When there is a major disaster ... the troops are the ones with the logistical ability and reach to go in and do the heavy work that needs to be done in places that don't have their own well organized forces. They help us get our nation's generosity into places where it can help.

But I am not going to dis the soldiers for what the politicians do with them.

Nice posts I completely agree. These guys have earned respect and it should be given.
Stars for each.

edit on 3-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 3-10-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: slider1982

That is a giant load of doo-doo.

Yes it is.

No flag has been outlawed in Britain.

This guy often speaks on British politics all the way from Indonesia or wherever he is.
Often doo-doo.

Sorry what???.. I currently work in London and i am on a 6 month project in the Philippines (not Indonesia) where I will be retiring next year, What does that have to do with any political comment?. Are you somehow trying to discredit me by saying I have a dissociation with the United Kingdom with your statement??? Because your facts about me are totally incorrect..

This is just part of one article,
For many ordinary British people, the Union Jack was almost toxic. At best, it felt like the flag of the monarch, not the people. At worst, it was the symbol of fascism. If you hung the Union Jack from your house it was assumed you were a far right-wing
Regarding the flag being flown during the Olympics..

Another article

www.dailymail.co.uk... -Front.html

Typical that they try and make the national flag a racist symbol..

You fly the union jack where I was born in east London and there is a good chance your house will be torched. This is after all where the Sharia Patrols where first set up..

Come here and live it then comment.. Try flying the Union jack from your house in London and see the response..

RA

edit on 3-10-2016 by slider1982 because: Added

edit on 3-10-2016 by slider1982 because: Added

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: Kali74

That is a giant load of doo-doo.

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Yes it is.

No flag has been outlawed in Britain.

This guy often speaks on British politics all the way from Indonesia or wherever he is.
Often doo-doo.

I think you're wrong on this which is incredible since you live there:

St. George flag ban

I stated Union Jack but the flag of St george would also be viewed the same.

If you live in a multicutural area of the country which there are now many it is Socially unacceptable to fly either..

www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />
RA
edit on 3-10-2016 by slider1982 because: ADDED LINK

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I apologise for bringing geography into it.

Your opinion is just as valid as any other.

Now onto this, "outlawed"...
That is simply not true.

If this had come up in Parliament and a Law had been passed, you can bet your bottom dollar Britain First wouldn't walk around with National Flags flying high in majority Muslim areas.

So I'm going to disagree with your opinion on the matter.

As for people's personal opinion on the flags, racist or patriotic, I couldn't care less.

But my neighbourhood is pretty multicultural and I see plenty of George Cross'.

Not so many Union Jacks... I guess that's through choice.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I guess it's too hard to think about the real reasons for war, meanwhile honouring the troops without questioning why you do it or who's interest's are served in War only reinforces the status quo - fodder for corporate interests.

bigfatfurrytexan stated:

If im being honest, our soldiers have always been mostly duped into promoting corporate agenda. Maybe WWII vets and what they did for freedom in Europe....but that's just us swooping in to steal the spoils of war after Europe had already obliterated itself.
I have to think pretty hard to find a "just" war. And im not left with much after 1800.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
a reply to: reldra

So what are we going to do about all the inner city black on black violent crime?

I see no one kneeling in protest over that far more influential problem within their communities.

Black on Black Crime Myth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join