It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these animals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Deep sea fish. These pictures have been circulating across the Internet in an e-mail claiming that they washed up in the tsunami, but that is incorrect.

See this link: www.snopes.com....

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
That one that looks like nessie has been floating around the internet for a while now.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
But what exactly is that top animal? I can't identify or find information on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's called a Gulper Eel, (Eurypharynx pelecanoides) you can see more info here...

www.amonline.net.au...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The second animal is a Angler Fish.Im pretty sure the third picture has been made up.The nose on it has been taken from a squid and the body looks very much like a correadorus(a type of catfish).

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Those are all real deep sea fish, the deep ocean has animals that are more alien then anything eles found on earth.

The second pic the female angler fish use a luminous forsil fin as a lure to catch food. The male is many times smaller then the female and permanent attaches itself to the female.His mouth fuses with her skin, and the bloodstreams of the two fishes become connected. The male is now totally dependent on the female for nourishment. In fact, the male begins to degenerate. His eyes grow smaller and he eventually loses them. His internal organs disappear.The male becomes simply a source of sperm.

sucks to be a male angler fish

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
yes this is very much true because it is very hard for them to find a mate because of the size of the ocean.Yep it must suck lol

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That second one is in Find Nemo...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow . . .the third one is so fake . . I think it winked at me.

- shivers -

new topics

top topics

join