It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASA Ask a Shaman anything.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Do Shamans express sexuality as freely as they express their beliefs? Or do they need to "separate" themselves to remain "pure"?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The ATS archives are absolutely rife with threads like "I'm an Indigo Light Worker", "I'm Enlightened", and yes, "I'm a Shaman". One person even posted a list of shaman "symptoms" here.

No offense, but you gotta bring something more to the table than a Gerry Rafferty song and a few new-agey
tenets like:

The supreme irony however is that the only real and authentic personal experience of the truth that sets us free can be had when we release from and let go of pretty much everything we thought we knew including who we took ourselves to be.

We are love in love with love loving us loving love, for loving us first, ha ha!

Seriously?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
In this dualistic reality where everything has an opposite, can someone experience the opposite of Ego Death?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So is the temporal differential we call wakefulness the cosmic interaction of subatomic particles operating in the quantum field, and are we to assume the (quantum)leap represents a fundamental universal construct that we can only speculate upon in the macro scale of wave form frequencies OR and that's a big OR; is the goal of sub-atomic particles, to plant the seeds of beauty rather than pain and can we conclude that consciousness consists of bio-feedback of quantum energy at a unconscious level? Thanks for your help!!
edit on 3-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My question.

What makes a shaman a shaman?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I sure did not think there was any way a Shaman in the traditional sense could possibly support the reverence to a 'messiah' or a 'savior'...

neo-American Shamans (insert New-Agers) can and do incorporate Jewish mysticism and some degree of Christianity into their 'blend' of Shamanism

I think traditional Shamanism shares more common ground with Buddism than any other concept of religious thoughts...
see: buddhism.about.com...

... Buddha traveled and taught. However, he didn't teach people what he had realized when he became enlightened. Instead, he taught people how to realize enlightenment for themselves. He taught that awakening comes through one's own direct experience, not through beliefs and dogmas.

do you use drumbeats as a method? (i.e.: Binaural beats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org...

A binaural beat is an auditory illusion perceived when two different pure-tone sine waves, both with frequencies lower than 1500 Hz, with less than a 40 Hz difference

I find the use Psy-Trance/electronica to set the mood for a journey to other reality/or upper & lower worlds/ or even the place coined by Edgar Cayce -> 'the Hall of Records'....as a better medium for myself (others say my psy-trance music is too annoying)

I accept your flavor of Shamanism, but it's like drums verses electronica.... to each their own

As far as a Shaman being gifted with the desire to seek the way-of-the-Shaman...
I have heard that the position of Shaman was both from inspiration and via bloodlines/genes? but I think that a elder-to-cousin passing of the torch was more from natural learning and the influences of being a relative than any DNA or bloodline thing

being gifted to follow the traditional Shamanic life was like being a natural 'path finder' in Neolithic migrating tribes...some are 'Born'-into-It
edit on rd31147551339203492016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

LOVE the song you posted. Really, one of my most favorite songs of all time.

No mater your label I assume from your writings you are a deep thinker who thinks about the purpose of life as do many of us here on ATS. Glad to see you made it here finally.

Have you ever "tripped" before.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

can you describe your deep spiritual experiences? Are these OBE's, drug induced hallucinations? What experiences do you have that make you believe your a shaman worthy of answering peoples spiritual questions?

Not trying to harp on you, just genuinely curious because i consider myself a shaman in a way.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I had to read that 3 times to understand it.

edit on 3-10-2016 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

If you are a Shaman of healing of the body, look at my thread about my problem. PM me if you know what to do. I thought of going to the Amazon Shamans to see if they could help me, because I read an account of a Shaman pulling a dark spirit out of a person who had diabetes since they were very young, and they were healed a short time after that (1-2 months).

I recommend getting a large high-speed blender and getting into taking superfood smoothies that combine every superfood from around the world you can find that aids in anti-inflammation and that boosts the immune system and endocrine system. That would be a starting point. You are what you eat. The process might take up to a year of remaking your body in this way.

People want healing, but they're not providing the Spirit of infinite intelligence (which CAN heal) with the required materials. Think about that for a bit.

Particularly as we age, we lose the good stuff, but, the good news is, that it can be put back and the body and spirit will do the rest. Thus, dramatic anti-aging and healing powers are available and accessible, given all the right materials.

You know what your cells are needing and what they are not getting. Deliver it to them in the form of food, which is what they're made of.

However, the deeper level of dysfunction, provided you can retain your faith, hope and optimism and not succumb to a phenomenon that's the opposite of the placebo effect, the nocebo effect, causing whatever ails to you operate as a type of self-reinforcing dynamic of sickness - resides in some sort of genetic error that needs to be corrected. These things always start at the deepest level of the cell and the matrix of communications through the whole body. For this I recommend Ashwagandha powder, which is one of the only superfoods that contains a substance that actually repairs the telomeres. Rich people can buy 90 day supplies of that substance for $2400. But your body will know how to extract it, even though taking the powder only might take a little longer to get it building up in the tissues.

But, to really get this new dynamo of regeneration and healing going from the DNA level on up, and communicating infinitely better, to evoke the memory of DNA (I take it that you didn't have this as a small child), I recommend turning your whole body spectrum matrix into a type of supercomputing, supercomputer, at room temperature, with a supplementation of monoatomic noble metals (no longer in the metallic form), in particular, Gold, Silver and Ruthenium.

Here is where the purest form of ORME (orbitally rearranged monoatomic elements) is to be found anywhere on the Internet, from all the research that I've done.

monatomic-orme.com...

Yes, there are costs to all of this, but once you really start getting into it like a Hobby, say like model railroading for your cells, then it's off to the races.

Of course in some cases, traditional pharmaceutical remedies (drugs) are needed to buffer the process, but they can be experimentally tapered down in 90 day intervals, until, after about a year, they are no longer needed provided you're still fueling the body with the good stuff and exercising more, and drinking lots of water, the water of life.

Faith and belief though plays a HUGE role, as we know from the research, so you have to really want it and believe that it's possible, then as I say, provide the Spirit in the Body Temple, with all the materials it needs, plus some of the extra special stuff aka the philosophers stone, powder of projection, white powder of gold whatever you want to call it. If it was good enough for the Egyptian Pharaohs, then by God it's good enough for you.

This "advice" by the way applies equally to the whole spectrum of illness and not just to your own.

Then, in providing yourself with the needed fuel of the very best kind known to man and from all over the world, delivered straight to your door by Fed Ex, you'll want to begin the process of really firing up your endocrine and entire nervous system with an exercise regimen, designed to produce the maximal hormonal response. Remember that we are rebuilding, and wanting to get a certain dynamo of regeneration going, and that really comes into play with the most efficient burning of energy in the motion of the body.

It's like bringing out from a storehouse of childlike vitality both something old and something new and getting it all working together for the purpose of reprogramming and rebuilding the body temple, at the cellular level.

When the food just sits in your gut, well that's not what it was designed for, no it was meant to be burned at intervals.

So I recommend getting into interval training, both cardio and resistance training, but slowly, while taking lots of anti-oxidants to protect the cells from any harm.

Drinking your alchemical elixir about a half hour after working out - perfect!

Good sleep will also be essential. I recommend taking melatonin for increased REM sleep.

It's like a project. It might need financing. You're worth it, we all are, to change it all up and recreate ourselves both physically and spiritually, but without the physical, we run down and go blah and then get sick.

I also recommend a supplement called Allicin which is the active ingredient in garlic.

Red Reishi mushroom and the other medicinal mushrooms are also very helpful. These type of things are adaptogens, which are able to confer upon your own system, what amounts to the autoimmune system of the plant itself.

To that end, I also suggest getting a diffuser or a cool mist machine (they're not expensive) and adding to distilled water, essential oils. Inhaling the molecules of this cornucopia of botanicals, will also do the same thing where essence of that plant's own immune system can be conferred on you. Many of these substances charge up the endocrine and immune system, and in particular, the entire limbic system of your brain and it's glands (basically the core of your brain).

Thus, anyone who's suffering from depression or anxiety, could also benefit greatly by inhaling the mist of essential oils, not like a drug, but to restore homeostasis of brain chemistry and mood balancing.

How we FEEL and what our belief system involves and how much faith and hope and optimism we can add to this process, is really vital.

For the pure cynic or sceptic who believes that only pharmaceuticals can treat what ails us, there is nothing to say. Get faith and hope and love, I would say to them, as a starting point, and then who knows what might become possible that wasn't a possibility due to a constraint and limitation of imagination mixed with feeling.

Raw materials, they are as important for our spiritual health and well being as they are our physical health. The Spirit, of infinite intelligence, just loves to go to work on new materials, so that's why I suggest the smoothies.

I'll come back later and post more on what I do, to try to cut down on costs and to try to manage the time and energy involved in simply feeding one's self - as it takes me well over an hour to make mine, with all the chopping and adding of the powders and liquids and every good thing under the sun.

edit on 3-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I am only partly clued in about binaural beats, but the quote you posted and your reference to drumbeats doesn't make sense to me, because drums are not pure tone sine waves (which do not exist in nature). As I understand, the "beat" in binaural beat is the difference between two frequencies. For example, if you have a 48 Hz and a 40 Hz tone, panned hard-left and hard-right, respectively, the binaural beat is 8 Hz, and your brainwaves synchronize to that frequency. It is similar in concept and name to the "beating" you hear if e.g. two guitar strings are out of tune, except they are not manipulated like the stereo-panned signals are.

I don't doubt that drums could be a useful (or at least aesthetically pleasing) element in a binaural beat program, but according to your definition (and my less than perfect memory) they cannot be binaural beats.
edit on 3-10-2016 by MiddleInitial because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wickd_waze

Nevermind, sorry.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Brainwave entrainment is also good, provided you're providing the brain already with all the nutrients it needs. Then you get an evolutionary process going, with new dendrite formation and whole brain functioning.

Most people don't have the time or the wherewithal to get into a regular deep meditative practice and so they need a helping hand and a leg up.

Brainwave entrainment, good quality stuff, will definitely do that.

It also winds up the brain with greater electromagnetic potential, so you sleep better and more deeply and wake up more regenerated, because while you sleep, your body enters the zero point field and there are electromagnetic pulses that your brain sends across your body with phased frequencies that coincide with your organs.

It can definitely improve the quality of life including psychological and spiritual growth (there being little distinction between the two).

Hyper Gamma is an interesting brainwave frequency. It has powerful integrative properties.

Those Tibetan Buddhist monks who can melt a circle of snow around themselves - when meditating they go to a hyper gamma frequency.

I understand that in ancient times, they liked to sit between two bells that rang at slightly altered tones to produce the entrainment effect, so it's been around for a long time that technology.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I'm saying that the Amazon Healer Shamans have been documented in books and some media for being able to cure people by removing "parasite spirits". I'm not sure that physical problems are caused by physical mechanisms. More like there is a possibility of a reaction (disease) in the physical entity based on things that cannot be seen. I might be wrong, but I have tried everything else that I can afford/think of.

. How many times has "science" been wrong? I am saying that I am willing to open my mind to other possibilities, because "science" hasn't presented an effective "cure". Apparently, big-pharma doesn't want to cure diseases these days, so if there is ANY other way, I'm up finding out about it and trying whatever it takes. I've spent money on lots of things that have helped keep me in reasonable shape over the years. That is still not as good of a goal as what I want to achieve, ultimately.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ankh's Elixir of Health and Wellness

To that I would add detoxing the liver. The liver is the chemical factory of the body and over the years it starts to accumulate toxins that you need to get out. For this I recommend an all-natural, Mediterranean formula called Liver Master by a company called PureTrim.

We have to think of the body as an intercellular matrix and do everything we can to reboot it, for those of us who wish to pursuit optimal health and/or to eliminate all sickness and disease from the body.

To refrain from doing this kind of stuff and just relying on the doctor for prescription pharmaceuticals isn't solving the problems, and overall, given all the various side effects, it may be contributing to illness and disease on the whole.

The existing medical paradigm treats the body and illness like a car, but it's important to think holistically and go at the problem from the bottom up by providing the body and the cells with all the raw materials and giving it every opportunity to heal naturally.

Normal food just doesn't have what it takes on the whole not when the body has been starved for years of vital elements, so people need to supplement and learn how to make their own elixir of health to protect and preserve the body and to break out into new realms of physical, and spiritual, possibility.

Also, if weight loss is desired, then a liver detox is essential as a starting point.

For men over 30 who might have started to develop "man tits", I also recommend taking a supplement called DAA or D-aspartic acid, which has been shown to increase testosterone by up to 30%. HIIT (high intensity interval training) and HICT (high intensity circuit training) then will re-ignite the hormonal response, and then in no time flat, lo and behold you start to feel like a kid again, re-vitalized and rejuvenated and able to burn fat.

I also recommend eliminating grains from one's diet.

www.wheatbelly.com...

www.wheatbellyblog.com...

The human being did not really evolve on wheat products.

Ultimately, you want to dramatically increase the anti-inflammatory response and immune system and anti-oxidant free radical elimination, while also increasing the amount of oxygen in the bloodstream at the same time, so that the blood is bright red instead of just slightly dull.

Blood PH balance is probably the best indicator of optimal physical health.

Food grade hydrogen peroxide, properly diluted in distilled water can be very helpful in this area.

Also, for mineralisation and electrolytes, and to help with digestion, I highly recommend pink Himalayan salt sole (pronounced solay).

There are also interesting things that can be done with water like ionization, oxidation, mineralization (including ormus), and PH balancing, that can restore the right PH level to the bloodstream and deliver the light body food directly to the bloodstream with minimal digestion required.

Should anyone embark upon this quest for optimal health, be sure to do a before and after urinalysis and blood work to monitor your progress.

Getting back to the diffuser and the use of essential oils to gain the benefit of what these bottanicals and trees confer upon us at the DNA level, I also suggest adding the right diffusion for a cool mist humidifier (diffusor) of food grade hydrogen peroxide to oxygenate the mist. This "oxygen therapy" will work wonders, especially for people with bronchial problems like Emphysema.

However, when making use of oxygen therapy, one should be aware that symptomology of whatever ails and has ailed you, may briefly manifest all at once, as part of the clearing process. For example, people with emphysema will practically cough up a lung, and think they're dying, then, within a day or two, get off their oxygen out of the wheelchair it's hooked up to.

It's all about the cells, and treating the human body like a giant, universal cell.

Water, minerals, nutrients, heart healthy fats (I use 7 of them in my smoothies), water of life, salt (good salt), proteins, good carbs from fruits and veggies, fibre, anti-oxidants, digestive enzymes (put the prickly pineapple skin in, it has bromein in it) - what a person needs is a full spectrum recipe, of everything from strawberries to ginger root.

What I've just discovered in terms of trying to make this work in the real world, because it takes me an hour and a half to make my smoothie now with all the chopping and whatnot, is that I can FREEZE it, in large stainless steel thermoses (I have 7) and make a week supply all at once (once it's frozen solid a thermos takes 2 full days and nights in the fridge to thaw), and then I just fluff it up with apples, berries, a little high alpha Whea protein powder, a little powdered ormus by Harmonic Innerprises, etc, and it comes out just as fresh as the day I made it. So I can make 21 meals worth in two hours, once a week.

I only eat the smallest amount of regular food, and might have the occasional bing if I feel I deserve it.

The key to this also is that you just don't feel hungry because the body is fully fed with the best of the best to be found in the world today.

And once the wheat is dispensed, then the inflammation goes away, PH is restored to optimal and everything begins to change for the better.

What I'm interested in as a "Shaman" is the first cause in disease prevention and optimal health and well being, and we now live in an age where you can draw the best of the best that our biosphere has to offer, and bring it all right into your cup and feed the body at all levels, including the light body.

But you have to try these thing all out on yourself first. So far I've lost 35 pounds (just 15-20 to go) and have reverse-aged by about 20 years. I've now been on this formula for close to a year now.

But it's of no use if it's just for me, so I wanted to share some of these thing with others who might benefit.

A big part of spiritual crisis is poor nutrition.

Happy cells, happy organism.

More on hydrogen peroxide

www.foodgrade-hydrogenperoxide.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

So in a nutshell, I recommend superfood, oxygen therapy using food grade hydrogen peroxide, and ORME, in particular, Gold, Silver and Ruthenium, lots of water (do stuff to the water to increase hydration, oxygenate it, mineralize, ironize, and PH), and lots of exercise to inform the body that it's undergoing a reconstruction and regeneration but with all new materials, including DNA repair and activation. Other pretty good Omus products can be found at a company called "Harmonic Innerprizes", like Aulterra, which oscillates DNA and neutralizes toxins. I recommend that too.

You just become a sort of alchemist when preparing an elixir of sorts.

Your body will thank you and might even reward you with a great healing. It's happened with lots of other people.

That hydrogen peroxide oxygen therapy is known to work on diabetes btw, among many other diseases.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Ankh

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

can you describe your deep spiritual experiences? Are these OBE's, drug induced hallucinations? What experiences do you have that make you believe your a shaman worthy of answering peoples spiritual questions?

Not trying to harp on you, just genuinely curious because i consider myself a shaman in a way.

I survived spiritual attack, and came out the better for the experience. Went in search high and low for meaning, purpose and significance. Had too much to think.

Came back a healer and a helper and a new creation, albeit still a work in progress.

Just thought I might have some valuable things to share, both physically and spiritually. Shaman is just a terminology for it.

No one needed to get their nose bent out of shape, as some other respondents have, especially not when they didn't even ask a question.

Our world is filled with too much bias, prejudice and cynicism. I think that's part of the problem, is a simply lack of open-mindedness and willingness.

You just never know who you're talking to or what they've been through to try to come back with something that's helpful to others.

That was the premise of the thread.

As to the details of the experiences, they were all really just metaphorical and allegorical in nature, like archetypes of various forces.

All in all it positioned me with a unique perspective that I'm still grappling with, because the domain of all knowledge is in our prior blindspot or what we didn't even know we didn't know, until we did.

I think the trick resides in both not taking one's self seriously on the one hand, and taking one's self and others much more seriously on the other, so that we can be more fully present and more freely and fully self-expressed and as a result, have more fun.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
My question.

What makes a shaman a shaman?

The power to transform what wasn't functional, into something formative and functional for the good of society.

A Shaman has access to a domain of knowledge regarding health and healing but also the ability to generate a meaningful context for the psyche to navigate it's way through obstacles to ever higher realizations of what it means and signifies to be a human being.

He seeks out this knowledge at the risk of madness, and goes off the beaten path, and then works to bring back helpful tools both for health and healing and for spiritual awareness and the finding of one's true place in the grand scheme of things.

His ultimate aim is to figure out a way to put the smile back on your face and set it alight with the countenance of God's love and all the healing power that bestows upon the recipient.

In the modern context, the Shaman is someone who sets about to impact and serve the process of the transformation of our world, to restore to function what wasn't functioning properly.

He's the guy who made it through the dark night of the soul and the mental ward with his wits and reason, logic and mirthful charm in tact, to be positioned to freely offer the sharpened sword and the philosopher's stone, or whatever the boon for humanity might be that he's retrieved for the sake of healing; in the context of modern man, the healing of the world, one person at a time.

He is "at cause" in the world he's creating, and the space of new possibility that he's generating for himself and others. He's at the gate calling and telling people that there's still as yet new pasture to be explored from which you can freely come and go.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
Do Shamans express sexuality as freely as they express their beliefs? Or do they need to "separate" themselves to remain "pure"?

They are sexually frustrated which only ads to their power via the transmutation of sexual energy. Otherwise I guess they might be engaging in tantric sex, which was originally invented by a sexually frustrated Shaman who just couldn't take it anymore, so he wrote a manual that would fully satisfy his every whim. This book then became very popular among Shamans for many generations when they realized that they didn't have to remain chaste to be effective practitioners.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Neoshamanism is more accurately what you are "self-describing". Most are aware that the term Shaman is used only for those born or trained in Siberia. Altho it's been co-opted for all kinds quasi spiritual whathef#&ery.

Some members of traditional, indigenous cultures and religions are critical of neoshamanism, asserting that it represents an illegitimate form of cultural appropriation, or that it is nothing more than a ruse by fraudulent spiritual leaders to disguise or lend legitimacy fabricated, ignorant and/or unsafe elements in their ceremonies.[7][8] According to York (2001) one difference between neoshamanism and traditional shamanism is the role of fear.[9] Neoshamanism and its New Age relations tend to dismiss the existence of evil, fear, and failure. "In traditional shamanism, the shaman’s initiation is an ordeal involving pain, hardship and terror. New Age, by contrast is a religious perspective that denies the ultimately [sic] reality of the negative, and this would devalue the role of fear as well."[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

That said legitimate healers don't self-proclaim. They are known by reputation in their communities.
Using the moniker "shaman" is misguided at best and deceptive at worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join