It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Westworld on HBO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah that was a good twist.

I knew eventually someone was going to turn out to be a host, just didnt see bernard being the one or this early being revealed

I was thinking it was going to be the ed harris character.

Lots of possibilities this could go, i cant remember another show that kept my interest like this one has. MAybe lost, season 1 anyways.

Now i have a reason to binge watch all previous episodes again for clues .

edit on 141130America/ChicagoMon, 14 Nov 2016 23:14:47 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
I was thinking it was going to be the ed harris character.

***POTENTIAL SPOILER***

The big rumor with the Ed Harris character is that he is the young White Hat on the quest with Dolores and it is an earlier time in the park. Several people pointed out the Westworld logo is an earlier version of the one they normally use. Not sure if I believe this but it does appear plausible.

]
edit on 15-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

LOL, went back and forth on whether to read the spoiler . Curiosity got the better of me.

******** Possible Plot Spoiler Alert **********

The timeline thing is interesting.

**** Unlikely BS Spoiler Alert ****

I was also thinking that somehow an Alien species (The Corporation) might be involved in all this and it has something todo with how humanity got started or evolution. Or the Corporation are the only real Humans?

Arnold might have been the original Creator but once he discovered the AI became conscious and had free will he became fearful , and hid the source or answers on how they became conscious in the Maze.

Ford might have been a creation of Arnold as well and killed Arnold to free himself from his control and is seeking the answers through Bernard or allowing the Ed Harris Character find the answer in the maze. He appears to enjoy the control of the others too much and might want to find the answer to make sure they don't get freewill?

Well at-least now you know what it likely isn't going to be be, after reading that rubish .

edit on 041130America/ChicagoTue, 15 Nov 2016 08:04:48 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
just read that there is going to be a season 2 of Westorld

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Yeppers , Looks like we have 2 more episodes before the season is over.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I've been leaning this way for awhile, there are so many hints in the show. If you go back and watch the earlier episodes with this spoiler in mind, it makes sense.

Loved the Bernard twist!

Hold the door! What door?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
I've been leaning this way for awhile, there are so many hints in the show. If you go back and watch the earlier episodes with this spoiler in mind, it makes sense.

it makes sense since the potential younger version seems to be turning to a darker side.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
How about a list of some interesting comments or peculiar actions from the show that could expose hints.

Two big ones that keep sticking in my head are:

1. Bernard making the host get naked:

2. Bernard saying that Arnold’s mistake was thinking the host has a conscious:

3. There must be a Blood Sacrifice:

4. They don't appear to clone the AI? So far each host has been repaired none have been decommissioned, including the AI that tore his whole face off? Goes with needing an actual being to create a new host?

Another interesting tibit that makes more sense now after the Bernard reveal was not that he had a Son but his son was sick and died. Which according to a comment made by Ford they had cured all diseases. So Bernard must have been around for a long time or perhaps was Arnold? Do they need an actual being to create the AI hence the blood sacrifice?

edit on 251130America/ChicagoWed, 16 Nov 2016 09:25:20 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I think Ford is one of the original Hosts made by Arnold, who was the first to become sentient and took over the park.

His ability to control the hosts with a simple flick of his finger indicates to me he's been modified on some level with 'host tech'.

I also believe Delores is one of the 'ghosts' of his past, perhaps Arnold's dead wife or mother or something.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The Delos company that owns the park keeps everything from you, bodily fluids, DNA etc.

I think all the hosts are recreations of past guests and that's how they build them so life like in in the first place and that the big reveal about what Delos is doing is that they are secretly trying to create AI that's good enough to pass as human in the real world.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

I think Ford is one of the original Hosts made by Arnold, who was the first to become sentient and took over the park.

His ability to control the hosts with a simple flick of his finger indicates to me he's been modified on some level with 'host tech'.

I also believe Delores is one of the 'ghosts' of his past, perhaps Arnold's dead wife or mother or something.

That is an interesting theory that I have not even contemplated. I am wondering if Arnold is actually dead since a few times it was mentioned he was dead more a rumor than a definitive.

I really enjoy this show since it causes you to think and speculate.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I also have a theory on the maze.

I think the maze was built for hosts as a means to gain sentience and exit the park - as they would have passed Arnold's version of a Turing Test.

I also believe the man in black is a member of the board which is why he's left alone by most people and Ford is uninterested in stopping him either as he's playing right into his hands.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I like both of those theories.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Trevor from gta v is in it also. In this and the walking dead he is doing well chuffed for him.
Does anyone have any idea what year westward is set?.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
How do you know you are human? What does it mean to you to be human? Perhaps, your sense of being human is simply the programming written by a higher intelligence? Are we nothing more than simulacrum based partly in the image of our creators?

These are profound questions that the series throws up to the viewer, that is to say, if the viewer can allow themselves to see past the basest reason for watching the show as...well, entertainment. Whether deliberate or not, the show is asking us to ponder on the meaning of our very existential experience, and where our understanding of that experience places us in the great scheme of things. After all, are we not, each of us, very natural indeed? Are we not as natural to nature as water is to rain?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
nolan likes this book.. notice anything...
www.amazon.co.uk...

I think Arnold is A.I
edit on 16-11-2016 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Reminder [ Research topic ] A.I.

Book

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOO!

Damn this show is good.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yeah, wow. My wife actually called that one. I love Ford's evil genius, he is so unapologetic about it.

Still waiting to see if there is something with White Hat and Man in Black.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join