It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's 1995 taxes...what's the big deal?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaucySosa

OMG..You're going to every forum on the internet and pasting in these 2 overly-long paragraphs! You must work for some tabloid company, like CNN.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Trump is a fake billionaire is one thing this proves

A hypocrite

Hiding his taxes out of embarrassment

Also Trump slogan rather than being MAGA should be: MCGC Make China Great Again

SINCE HE BUYS ALL HIS STEEL TO BUILD HIS BUILDING FROM GUESS WHO: CHINA

M C G A

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

First of all I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't copy and past any part of my response. Secondly, this is the first forum that I have commented on in a long time and certainly the first time that I have commented on this particular topic.

I challenge you to show me 1 other time that I have posted anything close to this. Just ONE time. I know you wont because you can't. You must be the one working for the tabloids going around trying to discredit people. And my response maybe a little long but that was the amount of words necessary to get my point across.

You want me to summarize it for you. He is a fake unsuccessful business man who made millions on the backs of the working class. He doesn't care about the average American, he is only looking to build his brand and build an America that benefits him and his agenda. Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It is not just the tax returns, as they paint part of the over all picture of the candidate, that we should question, but the whole that is starting to come into focus. The outright refusal to release his tax returns, makes things suspect, and thus news are scouring all sources, and according to some, those in New Jersey, tends to add into that, and the nearly 1 billion dollar loss.

But expand that, to include that US Banks are considering him a risk, to where they are not so willing to lend him money, where he is having to go to outside of the country, added in the violation of federal law by doing business with Cuba and Iran. The very notion of him skirting the law is reprehensible, but it also leads to the question of who is lending this man money.

There have been questions as to different banks from different countries, including Russia, which if it is true, could put pressure on him, if he was President, and thus create a conflict of interest. For he has stated he will turn over the business to his children, but that in itself, would give cause when it comes to the foreign policy.

So this is something that many should be asking and looking for answers to, not a political double talk, or a bait and switch or a change of mind at the last moment. Many of these questions should have been answered from the get go, and if this is any indication of what a President Trump would do in office, it would mean that we the people would not have the transparency of the government. And if he is using the IRS as an excuse, the reality is that federal law mandates that his taxes as President would be audited ever year he is in office.

Too many questions and not enough answers are being shown right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's called hypocrisy, you sniveling apologist. Just admit it to yourself. Look yourself in the mirror and you'll see the reflection of hypocrisy. This subhuman Trump is going down. No doubt about it. But that leaves us with 40% of the populace who harbor some very sick notions of democracy. That in itself is scary.

originally posted by: coldkidc
So maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why the media is gasping at Trump's 1995 taxes.

The loss he took is remarkably "Yuuuuge" but the coverage I've see hasn't really focused on the fact that he lost almost a billion dollars in one year but rather seems to insinuate that by taking that loss as a deduction against future profits he's done something wrong.

Any business worth their salt does the same - in fact it happens all the time.
It's such a common practice that the IRS has a guideline to stop businesses from doing it if they haven't cleared a profit for more than 3 out of the last five years.

It's the way the tax law is written so what's the big deal?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump is a fake billionaire is one thing this proves

A hypocrite

Hiding his taxes out of embarrassment

Also Trump slogan rather than being MAGA should be: MCGC Make China Great Again

SINCE HE BUYS ALL HIS STEEL TO BUILD HIS BUILDING FROM GUESS WHO: CHINA

M C G A

The hate is strong in this one. Lets see...

1. If Trump has a billion dollars...he is a billionaire
2. Hiding his taxes from the ignorant who would incorrectly say he abused the system...like many in this thread incorrectly state.
3. Any business owner that doesn't legally use the system to grow their company is an idiot, thus you example makes Trump a great businessman.

Lies and prejudices don't change facts or make things illegal.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kazanoom
It's called hypocrisy, you sniveling apologist. Just admit it to yourself. Look yourself in the mirror and you'll see the reflection of hypocrisy. This subhuman Trump is going down. No doubt about it. But that leaves us with 40% of the populace who harbor some very sick notions of democracy. That in itself is scary.

So maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why the media is gasping at Trump's 1995 taxes.

The loss he took is remarkably "Yuuuuge" but the coverage I've see hasn't really focused on the fact that he lost almost a billion dollars in one year but rather seems to insinuate that by taking that loss as a deduction against future profits he's done something wrong.

It's such a common practice that the IRS has a guideline to stop businesses from doing it if they haven't cleared a profit for more than 3 out of the last five years.

Another hater and bigot calling the OP names. You know...the liberal mindlessness again where everyone should be treated fairly...unless they don't like them. Hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The real hypocrites are the people who say "So what? he used the system" while berating people for using government welfare programs...you know who you are.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
The real hypocrites are the people who say "So what? he used the system" while berating people for using government welfare programs...you know who you are.

You need to learn the difference between doing something legally and illegally. Allow me to help you out. When paying taxes, you are legally allowed to write off losses. Everyone with a brain and losses does so. Why? Because you don't owe the money. Only an idiot pays taxes they don't owe.

However...if you are on welfare or other benefits that are meant to pay people what they need to survive...but you lie, pay with cash, sell your goods, etc, you are breaking the law. You are cheating and in general, you are a dirt-ball who is ripping off the taxpayers.

So...not paying what you don't owe versus taking more than you are allowed. See. It really isn't that difficult to understand.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: coldkidc

It sort of means he is NOT a good businessman and this loss keeps him from paying taxes for many years.

He not only lost his own money, but that of investors and then he skates on taxes for decades.

money.cnn.com...

That is how business works. You spend money to make money. You will lose more money than you make. This is known as Profit and Loss. Investors know the risks when going in. For example: Video Game companies LOSE money on console sales ( xbox created a billion dollar loss in 2002, wii u lost more in 2014) and either sell their consoles at a loss or enough so that they can break even. Money is made off of software-licensing, Peripheral and Hardware sales.

Trump losing a billion is no surprise given that his brand represents over 400 businesses.

He isn't skating. He is following the law ( it seems) and the IRS has no reason to suspect otherwise. He didn't even hide it well enough to keep the NYT from finding it....Obama could have nailed trump on tax evasion the minute the whole Birther conspiracy popped up.

This actually means he is a fairly average businessman if anything.

There are better criticisms to make about trump. Him being 4 billion and losing a billion instead of being worth 12 or 50 is like complaining about owning a stock Bugatti while your friends are driving custom McLarens.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

every single time someone posts and anti-trump thread they get called names. so boo hoo. damn, ya'll like to whine.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

What compelling evidence do you have that The Trump Organization is taking Subsidies ? What world are we living in where legally keeping the money you earned through your legally established and qualified businessea is the same as engaging in Disability or Welfare Fraud ?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You know, I can understand why some of you are upset at this. I'm personally not, I mean it is legal.

What I CANNOT STAND to see, is the likes of Clinton, Biden, or any other member of the House and Senate or White House say anything about it. I hate to semi-quote him, but Hillary has been in office for 30 years... In fact I'd like to see her voting records on tax laws, along with every other one of them that opens their mouth. First prove that you have voted against or if they authored or co-authored any Bills to change them?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You must have zero business knowledge. Actually it's not must, it's definitive. I consult for large developers in NYC for their marketing and business development. Trump, has never been a client of mine, but several of my clients have developed joint projects with him here in NYC - the latest of which I worked on was the renovation to the 1 Grand Central building.

Trump is a horrendous businessman, who straps his businesses for operating cash flow - simply due to the fact that he and his org do not know how to properly allocate budgeting even in development where he is a self proclaimed "genius". I assure you all, that Trump and his organization, within the very high end development world of NYC, he is a known joke. The ONLY reason any developers of his scale or larger even link up, is simply due to certain access he has with fraudulent policy makers, as well as his name - nothing more, nothing less. This is WELL known in the development sector here in NYC, and he is a very small fish compared to his peers. Having said that, with development it's actually THE OPPOSITE as it pertains to front-loaded debt. Typically speaking the loans or investments (the capital to realize the project) is ALWAYS over budgeted PURPOSELY. It's over-budgeted so there is left over for operations of the property once built - you have staff, utilities, taxes, insurance fees - doing business where u are always cash poor is a naive man's game. To everyone on this board, please sit the # down if you have no idea what the # you are talking about - especially cut and dry things like business. There are very few industries where these type of front loaded losses are expected and normal, development at this scale, is not one of them. WAKE THE # UP.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Invicid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
"I absolutely hate this guy who makes more than me."

"It is not fair, make it fair please."

-every liberal ever

and yet, as a liberal, I've never heard this come from another liberal....the only time I hear this is when right-wingers use it to describe liberals.....
edit on 4-10-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan
You know, I can understand why some of you are upset at this. I'm personally not, I mean it is legal.

What I CANNOT STAND to see, is the likes of Clinton, Biden, or any other member of the House and Senate or White House say anything about it. I hate to semi-quote him, but Hillary has been in office for 30 years... In fact I'd like to see her voting records on tax laws, along with every other one of them that opens their mouth. First prove that you have voted against or if they authored or co-authored any Bills to change them?

And lastly, if you do not understand the DIFFERENCE and SEPARATION of corporate business taxes, and personal income taxes you will of course NOT BE UPSET. And the ONLY reason you are not upset is because you aren't intelligent enough to realize that the two are un-related - and that there is a REASON he is being audited.

To make this simple for the simpletons I.E. Xtexan - He has mixed his business finances with his personal finances which is ILLEGAL. Are you still confused?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Invicid

invicid....these are the trump voters, if by now they have NOT picked up on Trump's BS, your insight won't change their opinion.....I do admire your attempt though. as to the right here, Donnie boy has no experience in government, not even being elected to a local school board, and the functional workings of government is almost the exact opposite of running your own business.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You must have zero business knowledge. Actually it's not must, it's definitive. I consult for large developers in NYC for their marketing and business development. Trump, has never been a client of mine, but several of my clients have developed joint projects with him here in NYC - the latest of which I worked on was the renovation to the 1 Grand Central building. Trump is a horrendous businessman, who straps his businesses for operating cash flow - simply due to the fact that he and his org do not know how to properly allocate budgeting even in development where he is a self proclaimed "genius". I assure you all, that Trump and his organization, within the very high end development world of NYC, he is a known joke. The ONLY reason any developers of his scale or larger even link up, is simply due to certain access he has with fraudulent policy makers, as well as his name - nothing more, nothing less. This is WELL known in the development sector here in NYC, and he is a very small fish compared to his peers. Having said that, with development it's actually THE OPPOSITE as it pertains to front-loaded debt. Typically speaking the loans or investments (the capital to realize the project) is ALWAYS over budgeted PURPOSELY. It's over-budgeted so there is left over for operations of the property once built - you have staff, utilities, taxes, insurance fees - doing business where u are always cash poor is a naive man's game. To everyone on this board, please sit the # down if you have no idea what the # you are talking about - especially cut and dry things like business. There are very few industries where these type of front loaded losses are expected and normal, development at this scale, is not one of them. WAKE THE # UP.
a reply to: Invicid

You must make a lot of friends throwing an insult and then rambling on about personal experience you heard through the grapevine that has nothing to do with the quoted post.

Failing to budget does not equal an operating loss claim on a tax filing - they're different sides of the same coin but are still independent of each other.

You can be a terrible budget manager & still clear a profit or you can budget your ass off & fluff it as much as you want & still loose money.

So I fail to see the point of your post other than to rant about what some guy you know told you about his business dealings with Trump.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kazanoom

So what exactly? Don't claim the loss?
Is he supposed to pay more than he needs to just to make people like you happy?

How much extra do you give the IRS each year?
You ever tell them to hang on to a refund because you think they need it more than you?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Invicid

originally posted by: XTexan

And lastly, if you do not understand the DIFFERENCE and SEPARATION of corporate business taxes, and personal income taxes you will of course NOT BE UPSET. And the ONLY reason you are not upset is because you aren't intelligent enough to realize that the two are un-related - and that there is a REASON he is being audited.

To make this simple for the simpletons I.E. Xtexan - He has mixed his business finances with his personal finances which is ILLEGAL. Are you still confused?

So because I think politicians should show their voting record before speaking on a subject you launch an ad hominem against me by calling me a simpleton.

What proof do you have that what he was illegal? Does the IRS agree? Please explain. I'll assume you believe politicians shouldn't show their record then.

Calling names because you disagree is bad form and childish.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join