It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's 1995 taxes...what's the big deal?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Annee

I agree, career politicians are liars.

That's your excuse for Trump? The non-career, non-politician.

Obviously I did not state anything in reference to career politicians.

Therefore, we are not in agreement.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Like you, I regretfully supported Bush and Obama (once). 2 times the sucker, eh? I promised myself last year that if this was a Clinton/Bush election like it was suppose to be, I would be voting third party.

As it stands, if Trump wasn't in the race then Jill Stein would most likely be getting my support. She's the only other candidate with an independent thought in her head.

At least Trump will open the way for alternative/third party candidates in the future, and I think his victory would lead to a political reform of the two party system.

With Clinton... it's just business as usual and any momentum gained toward any sort of political reform in this country is dashed out.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Trump and an obstruction congress he can't fire.

That should be fun.

I'm sure he'll give them "what for" on Twitter.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Of course the political ruling class will try to thwart anyone that is a threat to their two-party monopoly. Why do you think the party establishment has been protecting and colluding with Clinton?

Nobody said the revolution was going to be easy. My hope is that a Trump victory will lead to more alternative third-party candidates in the future instead of being forced to choose between political dynasty families.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I just don't go along with that thinking.

The entire political world seems to be going through an evolution.

It's no time for an amateur.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Bernie was the evolution candidate, and look what they tried to do to his platform in the leaks.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Bernie was the evolution candidate, and look what they tried to do to his platform in the leaks.

No he wasn't. He took the step too late. The momentum of the Hippie era was 40+ years ago. Those flower children became Yuppies, then Tea Partiers.

Do I want to live in a "Bernie World"? Sure. But, it's currently not realistic.

Going backwards is not where the major political world is going. It's going forward.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Going forward with a political dynasty that has been making and breaking promises for 30+ years and is completely ingrained in the current system isn't exactly what I would consider really going forward.

edit on 3-10-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Going forward with a political dynasty that has been making and breaking promises for 30+ years and is completely ingrained in the current system isn't exactly what I would consider really going forward.

We're sliding too far off topic.

Back to Trump and his taxes.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Uh Oh.. Hillary's coming after Donald, via Twitter, about his 1995 tax return. Bad move!

Trump will bring up her money laundering Clinton Foundation next Sunday night, with numbers that will make his tax return "issues" look puny by comparison.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Trump will bring up her money laundering Clinton Foundation next Sunday night, with numbers that will make his tax return "issues" look puny by comparison.

Except there's no truth to that.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

He's a welfare queen who complains other Americans don't pay taxes. Basically, he's continued to prove he's a hypocrite, again. But Trump will continue to follow him blindly while blaming and deflecting to Clinton.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The tax information makes it clear that Donald Trump, in common with many of the "oners" in America, particularly in real estate in America, have been gaming the system for every exemption and rebate that they can get out of it. As one commentator put it,

www.vanityfair.com...

“Real estate is the gold mine of gold mines for people who know how to maneuver through it,” says Jack Blum, a Washington, D.C., lawyer and an expert in financial crime. “The potential for shenanigans is virtually unlimited, much more than other sectors. The only other one that might come close is petroleum.”

The taxation situation in real estate is so full of loopholes, deferments, "like-kind exchanges" that

There is a story in Washington, D.C., tax circles that Dan Rostenkowski, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee from 1981 to 1994, was so scandalized by the shamelessness of the real-estate sector’s tax perks that he threatened to make the sector tax-exempt—which, counter-intuitively, would have increased their tax payments considerably. “Tax exemption for real estate was a serious threat,” says John Buckley, a former chief tax counsel to the Ways and Means Committee. “It would have recognized that there would be no tax on real estate, but it would have disallowed the use of real-estate tax losses to offset other income.

Trump and other members of the nation's economic elite have been romping in the tax avoidance game for a very long time.

Revealing details of Donald Trump's tax avoidance activities might threaten Mr. Trump's self promoted image, of a man whose has some concern for his fellow citizens and the country generally. It might show that he really hasn't contributed his fair share of money to the national agenda. Not everyone would call that a definition of "genius", with all due respect to Rudy Giuliani.

I doubt if this would really be a problem, though, because Mr. Trump's supporters (Not me.) seem to have bought his "Saul on the road to Damascus" conversion to "populism", championing the little guy, etc.
edit on 3-10-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
So maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why the media is gasping at Trump's 1995 taxes.

The loss he took is remarkably "Yuuuuge" but the coverage I've see hasn't really focused on the fact that he lost almost a billion dollars in one year but rather seems to insinuate that by taking that loss as a deduction against future profits he's done something wrong.

Any business worth their salt does the same - in fact it happens all the time.
It's such a common practice that the IRS has a guideline to stop businesses from doing it if they haven't cleared a profit for more than 3 out of the last five years.

It's the way the tax law is written so what's the big deal?

It has nothing to do with the law, business or any such legitimate thing. In fact...many great businesses and business owners have had financial troubles that weren't within their control.

No...this only matters because his name is Donald Trump. The left...the defenders of equal rights and fairness to everyone have decided that Trump is the exception. They are bigots against this person because of his beliefs. They target him much as the KKK used to target black people. They want to hang him out to dry like the Nazis tried to do with the Jews. They want him silenced and off the stage just like homophobes would do with the gay and trans-gendered. In other words...they are hypocrites.

They hate more than those they claim to be better than...they aren't.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

All charities are businesses run for profit and are as scandalous as anything in the corporate world.

I wonder who runs this site to "rate" all of the money making schemes going on.

I bet you believe in petitions as well.....

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

No but it is your excuse for Hillary.....who is as dirty as anyone in U.S. history.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Annee

No but it is your excuse for Hillary.....who is as dirty as anyone in U.S. history.

Where have I made excuses for Hillary?

edit on 3-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A family would be a FOOL not to take the Medical Deduction, if they have $15,000 in medical expenses.

A Billionaire would be a FOOL not to direct his accountants to maximize his deductions, credits, etc..

The uproar over Donald utilizing the same tax system as the rest of us, (including Hillary with her foundation), is all hallow and MSM establishment driven.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is truly one of the most blatant and disconcerting threads I have ever read. I wish I could show you guys what this looks like from the outside. I am certain everyone would bow their head and walk away.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
To me it means that he is not the great businessman that he claims to be. In fact the whole reason people believe that he will be a good president is because of his business acumen, and at the very least it is the reason for why he is a household name. But the truth is he isn't as business savvy as he appears to be. He makes money on the backs of the middle class and the contractors that he screws over. He has been on the wrong end of more lawsuits then Bill Cosby. He has screwed over so many people and investors it is not even funny. He has defaulted on so many loans that he has been blacklisted by every single bank in the USA. He now has to get loans from other Countries, Russia maybe? That is why it is so important to see his taxes because we need to see where his un-returned favors are. Who does he really owe? Where are does his real interests lie.

The fact is that he has had so many bad investments and so many failed business, he really is not as rich as he an others claim him to be. If he would have just took his inheritance and put it in CD's he would be a billionaire but instead he is far from that. How many times can one man file Bankruptcy? And the fact that as a presidential candidate he has managed to avoid paying federal taxes should be appalling. No matter how you look at and no matter how you slice it. Now I am not a Hillary fan but I know a snake when I see one. Also as a successful salesman I see past his tricks that he uses to sell himself to the American people. But the truth is he doesn't give a Flying F about the average person. And you can take that to the bank.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join