a reply to:
Did they make a mistake? If they had voted yes, the world may have seen this ridiculously corrupt nation in a new light.
The opening post of the thread although refers to a current important event in the region unfortunately contains this statement that frankly reveals
more ignorance that knowledge from your side with respect to Colombia.
It surprises me that the thread could prosper considering that the phrase is a clear insult directed against 50 million people, put yourself just a
moment in the shoes of any person born there and reading your horrendous so arrogant sentence.
Now, just to try to illuminate your extremely deep ignorance about Colombia let me remark:
- That is the eldest Democracy in all Latin America
, the only Hispanic nation ( including Spain) whose Congress was never closed along all
their History, and considering that South America has a so large record of dictatorships and coups that is outstanding.
- It is the second most populated nation of South America
, the second one from the countries that speak Spanish in this side of the world.
- Its strategic location is remarkable and explains why it has the second eldest commercial airline of the world ( Avianca) but also has been the
target of international evil powers, like the Communism or the Narco Maffias or the Nazis in WWII
: it is the only country that has coasts in the
two oceans in South America, its waters are natural access path to the Panama Canal and the Gulf of Venezuela, it has also corridors to the two main
streams of South America: The Amazon and the Orinoco, it is crossed by the Andes, as well as by the equator line and Guayana shield.
- It has produced about a dozen of the best writers in Spanish literature
, poets and novelists many of them even known in other languages all
around the world: Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, Alvaro Mutis, Jose Asuncion Silva, Jorge Isaacs, Porfirio Barba Jacob, Guillermo Valencia, Diego Fallon,
Jose Eustasio Rivera, Tomas Carrasquilla, Jorge Zalamea, etc.
- Its Economy is still considered the second strongest one of South America
, after Chile, and its currency the most stable in value, in a
continent where hyperinflation and devaluation are the norm. Colombia never has interrupted their payments of external debt or asked for its debt
forgiveness due to public finances bankruptcy as Mexico, Brazil or Argentina has done, and America is struggling every year to avoid.
- The country is the most important producer of mineral Coal in the Americas, the most important of emeralds in the world, It produces the best
coffee of the world, it is one of the most important producers of Gold in the world, since the times of El Dorado kingdom, it is the second most
important exporter of flowers of the world after Netherlands.
- It is the most important producer of Electric power in the Caribbean
( it provides an extremely important part of the power exported and
consumed in Panama, Costa Rica, Venezuela as well), it is the second most important producer of packed and processed food in the world.
- its advances in medicine are also interesting
, it is among first countries to perform surgeries of eyes, were the first synthetic vaccines
were produced, where the first serious and considerable effective try on a Malaria one was carried out, also where an entire new branch in medical
science was formally structured: Sophrology.
- it is the land where a new Chemical element was discovered ( Platinum)
, it is one of the really important countries in manufacturing of
fabrics of cotton and wool as well as in leather fashion and shoe industry, it is the country with the greatest biodiversity of the planet
and it is well known that it has the second highest human diversity of the Americas with some of the most beautiful people of the world
according with the statistics of the beauty contests.
- Colombian Music has been massively consumed in many markets since decades
, even before Kike Santander, Charlie Saa, Shakira or Carlos Vives
- Colombian statesmen have been twice in the Presidency of the General Assembly of the United Nations, twice in the General Secretary of the ASO
in Washington. As a matter of fact the American States Organization was founded there in 1948.
- Various Presidents of the United States have visited Colombia: Franklyn D. Roosevelt, John F Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, George H Bush, Barack Obama.
Why you say that Colombia is ridiculously corrupt? because they are fighting narcotraffic since many years ago? well that same happen in other 50
countries around the world,
and guess where is almost all that illegal drug massively internally distributed and consumed, not only the one that
comes from the jungles of Colombia?
or Because they have Marxist subversion along decades? well they never have had a complete collapsing revolution
like Nicaragua, Venezuela,
Cuba or Mexico or Military Fascist Tyrannies to repress it as Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Peru or Bolivia.
May I continue illuminating your horrible ignorance about Colombia? have you understood that Colombia has been in the Light several times in History?
or this is enough? Let me suggest if anybody here wants to read real information and take part in a serious thread about what is right now happening
in Colombia please check the one below, instead to lose your time in this really funny one here.
The Angel of Lightness
edit on 10/4/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)