It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Alaska reporter faces 54 years in jail for pot club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm sure most of us remember her and maybe even had a chuckle at her brash resignation followed by her endorsement of cannabis on live television. Well it seems now that the establishment is coming after her retroactively for alleged crimes of narcotics distribution. Is it just me or is this one of those issues that should really signify and stand out to us the people just how much the establishment wants to completely own and control us. I mean is not friggin ludicrous and cruel to imprison non violent cannabis offenders to such draconian prison sentences. These people help other people obtain a relatively harmless (as shown by science) plant that makes them happy. Cannabis users are some of the most non violent, deep thinking and compassionate people on this planet. God forbid we the people have access to something that the TPTB can not have absolute and total control over, how dare we self medicate with a plant that has been shown to have numerous holistic qualities. This makes me so angry as it really is indicative of just how owned and controlled we all are to allow our brothers, sisters, friends and neighbors to be imprisoned alongside actual real violent criminals worthy of incarceration. To subject these poor people to the horrid conditions of the penal system for using/selling a plant that makes people happy and hungry while maybe even easing an ailment or two is just ruthless tyranny and oppression in it's most blatant form. I get even madder when I think of all the booze swilling, prescription popping, cigarette burning hypocrites who perpetuate the lies about this plant and how "supposedly dangerous it is". That is cockamamy horse manure through and through and I'm just sick of it.

(NEWSER) — Charlo Greene made headlines in 2014 when the then 26-year-old memorably quit her TV reporting gig on air while announcing her intention to push for the legalization of marijuana in Alaska: She said, "F--- it, I quit," before walking out of view. But as the Guardian reports, her ensuing off-screen plight has been largely ignored, even though she faces more than a half-century in prison. That's because Greene, whose legal name is Charlene Egbe, isn't just a cannabis advocate but the owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, which she created on April 20, 2014, a full six months before Alaska voted to legalize the adult use of cannabis. In other words, she was receiving "donations" for marijuana through club "memberships" before it was legal to do so.

Link to article
edit on 2-10-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Bwwahahahaha!
Play with fire and get burnt.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it's 24 years.
edit on 10/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

And mr Jack daniels continues to grow as strong as mr Pall Mall...

(post by savemebarry removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it's 24 years.

Glad you accept and agree with 24 years there. People who even have seen cannabis should be put to death I say.

Leave more room for drunks.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
She should have waited for the law to be in place before opening her store... then she wouldnt be in trouble..

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
The only crime here is her life being ruined over cannabis.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Only crime here is government control,the facts are the Pharm,and Liquor owners have all paid off the government,their product is harmful or deadly yet legal,another natural product,and the penalty? 24 years,murderers get off in 12

top topics

join