It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group Apologizes For Race Baitin' Rudy's Remarks During Keynote Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well there won't be any calling this one a "lamestream meadia" "hit piece" as the source is none other than the Observer, published by Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner.

Group Apologizes for Giuliani’s ‘Unscripted’ Remarks at Awards Dinner

On Monday, the Commercial Finance Association sent out an email apologizing for the “unscripted personal opinions” that Giuliani, a prominent supporter and close adviser to Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, shared with the crowd at their 40 Under 40 dinner at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.

“At CFA’s 40 Under 40 Awards last Thursday night, keynote speaker Rudolph Giuliani veered sharply off course from the leadership message he agreed to deliver and presented unscripted personal opinions which were independent of CFA’s political position or core values,” Bob Trojan, the group’s CEO, wrote in an email sent to attendees and forwarded to the Observer. “While we, the event organizers, made every attempt to direct Mr. Giuliani’s remarks ahead of time to focus on leadership, for which he is renowned and has authored a book, there is always the possibility of such a surprise at a live event.”

The note continued: “For those of you who were offended by Mr. Giuliani’s remarks, please accept my sincere apology.”

So what did he say?

The remarks Giuliani made to the Commercial Finance Association Thursday have not been publicly reported. But an attendee told the Observer the crowd was “shocked” by Giuliani’s comments and that some people began complaining about his speech almost immediately after it was over. “Rudy talked about immigration and made a really, really inappropriate comment about the quote-unquote Mexicans in the kitchen at the Waldorf,” the attendee said. “It was bad. You could hear a pin drop. I think he was looking for applause.

Poor Rudy. Probably forgot he wasn't at a Trump rally. Maybe he's just trying to take some of the heat off of Comrade Sniffleupagus?
edit on 2016-10-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Rudy goes aways now?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Rudy goes aways now?

I hope he goes away and takes Kellyann Conway with him. She is more difficult to listen to than Palin. Oddly, Chris Christie seems to be able to control what he says, mainly.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Maybe he's lost the plot too. While he's obviously a racist of the dog whistle variety he seems to be having all kinds speech and commentary malfunctions lately. Then again he could just be emboldened with the alt-right's step onto the main stage.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thats it? Just pissing on the help? Who hasn't said stuff about the service some place we eat?

I thought this was going to about his remarks about Trumps remarks about Hillary...

Oh he said, he said, she said...

What did he say about the help now, quote if you please.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So, we don't know what he said, the person who supposedly was there didn't know what was said and Rudy made a remark about illegals. Apparently some Liberal in the audience got their feelings hurt 'cause Rudy wasn't PC enough.
Why don't we have a quote of what was said and a copy of the apology that was "emailed to everyone who was there"?
All I see is "he said, she said"

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Then again he could just be emboldened with the alt-right's step onto the main stage.

I was at a doctor's appointment recently. My doctor is not normally a real funny or expressive guy. But we were sort of chatting. He is Jewish with a slight NY accent. He says to me, "And now we have [Snippin] Trump. The entire world has gone kerfluffle." I laughed so loud..... he says , "You are feeling better already. I am THAT good."

link   

Guess after he said whatever it was the room went silent.

Obviously thought he had a different crowd with him. Must be taking notes from Donnie, always make sure to make your speech political regardless of the reason you are there.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
So, we don't know what he said, the person who supposedly was there didn't know what was said and Rudy made a remark about illegals. Apparently some Liberal in the audience got their feelings hurt 'cause Rudy wasn't PC enough.
Why don't we have a quote of what was said and a copy of the apology that was "emailed to everyone who was there"?

He made an off color remark about the people working in the kitchen of the venue the event was held. The Commercial Finance Association does not sound extremely liberal to me.

The apology is in the article. The source article should be good enough as we know who publishes the paper. Why would they allow the article if it weren't true? I am surprised they allowed it at all, but they did.
edit on 2-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Doubtful. They guy has spent the last 15 years trying very hard to erase all the goodwill he'd racked up being "America's Mayor" in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

He made an off color remark about the people working in the kitchen of the venue the event was held. The Commercial Finance Association does not sound extremely liberal to me.

The apology is in the article. The source article should be good enough as we know who publishes the paper. Why would they allow the article if it weren't true? I am surprised they allowed it at all, but they did.

What exactly did he say? I'd like an actual quote of what he said before I respond.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Don't look at me. Blame Trump's son-in-law/advisor if you think the source is spurious clickbait. Rudy is always saying weird/inappropriate/offensive/irrational things, it hardly seems newsworthy anymore. Honestly, what I found most interesting about the whole thing was that it was Jared Kushner's paper that broke the story.

a reply to: DAVID64

So, we don't know what he said, the person who supposedly was there didn't know what was said and Rudy made a remark about illegals. Apparently some Liberal in the audience got their feelings hurt 'cause Rudy wasn't PC enough. Why don't we have a quote of what was said and a copy of the apology that was "emailed to everyone who was there"? All I see is "he said, she said"

Read above.

But hey, if you're looking for someting substantial:

Dissecting The WikiLeaks Russian Connection - Part One

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

What exactly did he say? I'd like an actual quote of what he said before I respond.

It is not in the article. I imagine it will come out. Why are you asking me? You did respond anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It is not in the article. I imagine it will come out. Why are you asking me? You did respond anyway.

I'm just trying to find out what he said. You said it was 'off color' so I thought you knew what he actually said. Just looking for someone to point me to the actual quote because I'm kinda challenged when it comes to searching the internet. I rarely find what I'm looking for when I search.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm just trying to find out what he said. You said it was 'off color' so I thought you knew what he actually said. Just looking for someone to point me to the actual quote because I'm kinda challenged when it comes to searching the internet. I rarely find what I'm looking for when I search.

I did search. The Observer article is the only one at the moment. I have all that you have.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I did search. The Observer article is the only one at the moment. I have all that you have.

Thanks. I just want to know what he said before I weigh in on the subject. I'll keep looking.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I looked at his twitter. Was hoping for some sort of response to this banquet event. There is none.

The last thing he had to way was "If Hispanics can't learn to speak English, they shouldn't be living here. @realDonaldTrump will make sure of that" and I don't think he meant ESL classes.

I also found and didm't even remember that he said

CNN

that there had not been "any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States" in the eight years before President Barack Obama took office.

Maybe not so good at math?

His twitter account is generally offensive. I am not sure I need the banquet quote.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Why do you think it was a Lib, are you suggesting there are no decent Cons who would have called him out for whatever he supposedly said??
And for those who eat out..high society or at your local greasy spoon..DO NOT PISS-OFF PPL THAT HANDLE YOUR FOOD!
nuff said.
edit on 2-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats it? Just pissing on the help? Who hasn't said stuff about the service some place we eat?

NO, he didn't just complain about the quality of service. That is clear from the article. He mentioned Mexicans, Mexicans in the kitchen of the Waldorf and generally, Mexicans working in kitchens. That can be pieced together from the apology.

Who complains in a keynote speech about commercial interests that 'the service was slow?' 'I didn't have the right amount of forks?' 'I got the meat instead of the chicken?' That is just ridiculous to even try to imply.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

DO NOT PISS-OFF PPL THAT HANDLE YOUR FOOD!

Right? This is day one stuff, but I doubt that Rudy was eating the food there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join