It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Found Innocent After Beating His Wife's Rapist to Death.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No jury would ever convict him, unless it was a jury of whiny pansy--assed morons who side with criminals.

I can only think of one group in the news these days fitting that description.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No jury would ever convict him, unless it was a jury of whiny pansy--assed morons who side with criminals.

Or one who upheld the law lol...

I'm not saying they should have convicted him, or if they did the judge shouldn't have only given him probation.

It's a really scary presidence to set if your allowing people to chase others down and kill them.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I think it would be reasonable to say that when a person rents accommodation, or owns accommodation in a building containing apartments, that one rents or own not only the space behind their apartments door, but also use of the shared spaces, corridors, access ways, elevators, and utilities besides, contained within the building the apartment is in. Therefore, since the attacker never quit the building, he was still within space considered the husbands home, when the husband launched the tire iron blow which the pervert died from.

Given that, I would personally have thrown out any argument for a conviction in this case.
edit on 2-10-2016 by TrueBrit because: Awful grammatical error removed

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
It's a really scary presidence to set if your allowing people to chase others down and kill them.

It sure is. Lord, if it caught on it might actually put a measurable dent in the amount of violent crime taking place in America, not to mention saving the tax payers money. We can't have either of those things happen now, can we?

link   

I would have done the same. Legal/illegal?

Sometimes you do what is right.

link   

originally posted by: Chromium51

originally posted by: DogMeat
Yeah the title is a little off.
But guilty he is, he should have just crippled him and waited for the cops.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Why leave it open for a lawsuit from the attacker? Hence why if there is an intruder in your home you shoot to kill not maim.

I agree I'm prob beating him to death, but law wise I should prob be charged, and plea temporary insanity. Then them watch me for a while to make sure I really wasn't a nut job..

If I'm being fair.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't this set a presedence??

What if the next one is that some parent slapped your kid. Then you went next door and beat him to death.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by:]
What if the next one is that some parent slapped your kid. Then you went next door and beat him to death.

I'd assume it would be a very, very long time before someone abused your child again... that said, rape isn't a slapped kid. A better analogy would be the neighbor molested your kid... in that situation, the parent who swung the axe or pulled the trigger is a responsible citizen and should be celebrated, PERIOD.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A cage or a coffin is all that rapist deserved.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I sure would hope a rapist of your spouse could be beaten to death if you caught them in the act. I know as a taxpayer I don't want to pay to imprison a rapist. Better off dead.
edit on 2-10-2016 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There is legal and illegal, then there's right and wrong and the law stupidly confuses the two.
This man did what was right.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
From the Top of the Country (Obama, Clinton) all the way down to husbands protecting their wives, U.S. law is becoming increasingly "flexible" in how it's enforced. That can be good or bad.. depending on if you are on the WINNING side, or the LOSING side after the verdict, or Immunity, is rendered.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

If your only weapon is a tire iron, there is no way to know if you kill the person or cripple him.

That is precisely what I just said to my friend. If he had let him get away, he could have gone and finished what he started with another helpless woman. The guy started hitting back with a belt, presenting a threat that needed to be neutralized...because if he stayed conscious, he could have overpowered the husband, grabbed his tire iron and gone after the wife with it. He was trying to incapacitate the guy, not actually kill him.

He deserved a medal, not charges being brought against him. I feel the judge made the right decision.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Couldn't be further from the truth. Why leave it open for a lawsuit from the attacker? Hence why if there is an intruder in your home you shoot to kill not maim.

I agree I'm prob beating him to death, but law wise I should prob be charged, and plea temporary insanity. Then them watch me for a while to make sure I really wasn't a nut job..

If I'm being fair.

This isn't a precedent setting case, actually similar things happen on a fairly regular basis. One guy shot and killed the rapist of his daughter when he was on his way to court, right in the middle of an airport. I'll try to find the story, but he was found not guilty. My guess is it happens much more than you think, you just don't usually hear about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I would have done the same. Legal/illegal?

Sometimes you do what is right.

Legal =/= Lawful

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I think it would be reasonable to say that when a person rents accommodation, or owns accommodation in a building containing apartments, that one rents or own not only the space behind their apartments door, but also use of the shared spaces, corridors, access ways, elevators, and utilities besides, contained within the building the apartment is in. Therefore, since the attacker never quit the building, he was still within space considered the husbands home, when the husband launched the tire iron blow which the pervert died from.

Given that, I would personally have thrown out any argument for a conviction in this case.

Yea fair enough.. I'm not sure "chased him to the elevator" is far enough to really contemplate your actions.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I am going to applaud the judge and jury on this one. This was the right call in this case.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

If I'm being fair.

This isn't a precedent setting case, actually similar things happen on a fairly regular basis. One guy shot and killed the rapist of his daughter when he was on his way to court, right in the middle of an airport. I'll try to find the story, but he was found not guilty. My guess is it happens much more than you think, you just don't usually hear about it.

It was his son that was molested and he was convicted.... if you mean the story from 20ish years ago where there was video.

You might be totally right about the presidence.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: reldra

If your only weapon is a tire iron, there is no way to know if you kill the person or cripple him.

That is precisely what I just said to my friend. If he had let him get away, he could have gone and finished what he started with another helpless woman. The guy started hitting back with a belt, presenting a threat that needed to be neutralized...because if he stayed conscious, he could have overpowered the husband, grabbed his tire iron and gone after the wife with it. He was trying to incapacitate the guy, not actually kill him.

He deserved a medal, not charges being brought against him. I feel the judge made the right decision.

I think any time you take a life you should be charged (not convicted). just to make sure it is actually investigated....and I think that should go for everyone police too.

That said I think the part where he chased the rapist is being over played. The length of his apt hallway can't be much longer than a house.
edit on 2-10-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I think any time you take a life you should be charged, just to make sure it is actually investigated

anytime a life is taken, it is investigated, then if evidence warrants the Police,DA or Grand Jury charge / indict. just as this case.

it may have been said already but he wasn't found not guilty, the family of the man beaten to death asked that the charges be dropped.

Cheers erupted in a Bronx courtroom Wednesday when Mamadou Diallo, charged with assault for fatally beating a would-be-rapist who attacked his wife, was told he was a free man — thanks to an intervention from the victim’s family. Diallo, 61, showed little reaction when Judge Marc Whiten said, “This matter is dismissed” and officially dropped the assault rap against him. But his wife, Nenegale Diallo, shed happy tears at the surprise announcement — which came about with the help of victim Earl Nash’s family. In a letter written by Nash's relatives and read to the court by ADA Jennifer Cruz, the family said they didn’t want Mamadou Diallo behind bars.
Bronx man who killed wife’s would-be rapist walks free as DA drops all charges

edit on 2-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

I think any time you take a life you should be charged, just to make sure it is actually investigated

anytime a life is taken, it is investigated, then if evidence warrants the Police,DA or Grand Jury charge / indict. just as this case.

it may have been said already but he wasn't found not guilty, the family of the man beaten to death asked that the charges be dropped.

Cheers erupted in a Bronx courtroom Wednesday when Mamadou Diallo, charged with assault for fatally beating a would-be-rapist who attacked his wife, was told he was a free man — thanks to an intervention from the victim’s family. Diallo, 61, showed little reaction when Judge Marc Whiten said, “This matter is dismissed” and officially dropped the assault rap against him. But his wife, Nenegale Diallo, shed happy tears at the surprise announcement — which came about with the help of victim Earl Nash’s family. In a letter written by Nash's relatives and read to the court by ADA Jennifer Cruz, the family said they didn’t want Mamadou Diallo behind bars.
Bronx man who killed wife’s would-be rapist walks free as DA drops all charges

I've seen exactly how well that works in officer involved shootings......it doesn't.

The officers story never matches the video even when it was a good shoot.

edit on 3-10-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join