It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Over 1,000 Illegal Voters in Eight Virginia Localities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Has this been debunked? Onion story?

I remember this making the rounds a few years ago.

California for example. Hard to track illegal voting if you don't keep track of immigration status. Or if there is no enforcement.

Title: Harvard Study: Illegal Alien Voter Fraud Decides Elections, 6.4% Of Illegals Voted In 2008, 512,000 Votes, Passed ObamaCare.

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Can you cite where this is such a problem that many voters would be disenfranchised as a result?
Why does it matter how many? Should it be made more difficult or impossible for a citizen to vote simply to reduce the potential for fraud?

Getting an ID when you're a citizen is NOT difficult.
I said that. I also said that proving citizenship can be problematic for some citizens.

Protecting the integrity of the voting process should be a priority.
At the expense of disallowing some citizens of their right to vote? I disagree. I would rather see a few fraudulent votes. I would rather see a criminal go free than to have someone unjustly convicted.

edit on 10/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

512,000 Votes, Passed ObamaCare.

Since ObamaCare had nothing to do with a popular vote, what do you think?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Trumps going to lose no matter how many legal or illegal voters there is, quit trying to make lame excuses for Trump losing bigly.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
1046 from 8 areas.
A total of 95 areas.

95 ÷ 8 = about 12 (8 x 12 = 96 so very close)

12 x 1046 = 12,556? I think.

We cant assume they did all of the localities, or if they did, that the sample of 1,024 from 8 localities is representative of the average amount of fake votes across the state, but, since this is all the data we have to work with, we can say there is a Chance that there are approximately 12,556 total fake voters prepared for election day across the key swing state of virginia.

Now, if we had the locations of these localities, we could look up the population, and compare with the other 87 localities populations, and fairly assume that, if they did this with every locality, they probably figured out, by ratio of population, how many fake voters they could get away with. (a larger population locality would be easier to hide a larger number of fake voters, vice versa with a smaller population)

We could calculate the ratio of fake voters in the 8 localities to their respective populations (or number of registered or eligible voters rather, perhaps), and extrapolate that equation across the rest of Virginia's localities.

Then we might come up with a much larger, or smaller "possible number of fake voters prepared for election day" than 12,556...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'll do some digging.

I just remembered the argument I was caught up in a few years ago.

The Democrats stance there is no vote fraud. If you base it off Illegals are registered to vote, then there is no fraud in the context unregistered voters are not voting.

I think a good job is done nation wide on preventing unregistered voters from voting.

From getting illegals registered to clearing the voter registrars of those that passed away, not so well enforced / managed.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Phage

At the expense of preventing legal citizens from voting?

How is having an ID going to prevent legal citizens from voting?

Only some rights can be infringed upon, I guess.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The Democrats stance there is no vote fraud.
Really? Is that a fact?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I guess it's was a published article, not sure of the journals credentials.

An academic report published in the December 2014 issue of Electoral Studies found more than 14 percent of non-citizens in 2008 and 2010 samples reported being registered to vote.

“Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010,

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

We'll know as soon as they're done recounting Bush votes.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Why does it matter how many? Should it be made more difficult or impossible for a citizen to vote simply to reduce the potential for fraud?

I find this attitude from you to be a bit divergent. You know full well those numbers would matter. Shouldn't we be making informed decisions?

If you can prove this would have a detrimental effect on the voting population then it stands to reason that there would be numbers available to base such a notion.

At the expense of disallowing some citizens of their right to vote?

Without the above information that determination cannot be made.

I would rather see a few fraudulent votes.

Except there are millions of illegal immigrants. If even a small percentage of them are voting it could be enough to swing the vote. Especially in this election where illegal immigration is at the forefront in many political discussions. Having the vote tainted by illegal votes is not a negligible problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Shouldn't we be making informed decisions?
Decisions on what?

If you can prove this would have a detrimental effect on the voting population then it stands to reason that there would be numbers available to base such a notion.
Good point. Is there any such proof?

Especially in this election where illegal immigration is at the forefront in many political discussions. Having the vote tainted by illegal votes is not a negligible problem.
I agree that it could important. I have not seen evidence that it is. I've seen actual data that says it isn't. This "report" is not actual data.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The Democrats stance there is no vote fraud.
Really? Is that a fact?

It was a few years ago. I guess the better term would be Obama Supporters.

They quoted from this article over and over again.

From: www.washingtonpost.com... -one-billion-ballots-cast/?client=ms-android-americamovil-us

Title: A comprehensive investigation of voter impersonation finds 31 credible incidents out of one billion ballots cast

Weird arguments that I couldn't explain social security cards are not IDs for voter registration. Most states require at least a form of validated home address. (Note, it's been dropped. But my parents SS cards said Not an ID at the bottom.)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Decisions on what?

Don't be obtuse. We're discussing a public policy here.

Good point. Is there any such proof?

I'm asking you. You made the assertion that this would have a bad effect on legal voters. Can you cite case studies proving this to be the case? Is there a state with voter ID laws currently where this is a demonstrable problem?

This "report" is not actual data.

On that we can both agree.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Don't be obtuse. We're discussing a public policy here.
I didn't know what decision you were talking about. What you said could have been interpreted as an election being a "decision."

I'm asking you. You made the assertion that this would have a bad effect on legal voters. Can you cite case studies proving this to be the case? Is there a state with voter ID laws currently where this is a demonstrable problem?
I don't think there is a state which requires proof of citizenship in order to vote. Is there?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Indiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Georgia, Kansas, and Virginia all have reasonably strict voter ID laws.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Oh, also the context with the Obama Supporters was their arguments voter ID requirements did nothing to prevent voter fraud do to no fraud to prevent. Voter ID requirements just created obstacles to voting with no tangible benefits.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I don't get the obstacles to voting by requiring an ID. There are many obstacles in dealing with the state and federal government. Many items still require your personal attendance. Many states pull juniors from voting registries? Being a witness at a trial. Going to the county seat for a marriage license, paying property tax, or getting death certificates. Paying to get a copy of a death certificate. Getting a passport. Having items notarized by a notary of the public. Many things required by civic duty requires documentation and traveling to the county seat.

As a note, notaries of the public do not honor SS cards as ID.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't think there is a state which requires proof of citizenship in order to vote. Is there?

If they have a voter ID law in place then they already do it by default. In my state a birth certificate is required to obtain either a state ID or driver's license.

A U.S. birth certificate states the city, state & country you were born in, so you are providing proof of U.S. citizenship when presenting your ID or license as it's been previously verified by your birth certificate when you applied for the ID or license.
edit on 3-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I live and Virginia and they always check for a valid ID before I cast my ballad. I don't think anybody would actually be able to vote illegally.

Most of the time the DMV handles voter registration so it is odd that people would be registered at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join