It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheating death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kimberley
a reply to: crowdedskies

I'm intrigued to get this movie and watch it now

I too feel that there could possibly be multiple dimensions and maybe when we dream, we enter an alternative universe our "other" self is experiencing or when we die (near death) we catch a glimpse of "another" part of our soul in their dimension and so forth.

Please do watch "A matter of life and death". It is the best movie I have ever watched..and watched again and again.

Sleep holds a lot of secrets. maybe we should call it the" little death". Unfortunately , we can't because the french have already highjacked this word (petite mort) and it has a different meaning that I dare not reveal here.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EveStreet

I think I might have visited instead of getting a visit. Your post made me think of a dream I had a long time ago. I was about 21 and came down with a terrible fever of 103 and headache. I went to the doctor and he thought it was mono. Got my script for penicillin and took it. It did nothing but break me out in hives.

I was in and out of a fever every few hours for a week. During one of my frequent periods of sleep I had a peculiar dream where I floated up and out of my closed bedroom window and instead of the back yard, there was a green field that stretched for a very long distance. I realized there were a large number of people walking in the in the same direction so I began walking with them. They were dressed in clothing from different time periods, some chatting, some just walking along. I finally got to the end of the field where there was a dock and a large ship. Everybody was boarding but when my turn came, I was told to go back. I wish I could remember what the person looked like, that told me. So I walked back but the walk seemed much shorter and I popped back from my window into my bed.

At the time I didn't give it much thought, and just chalked it up to delirium from the fever, which by the way turned out to be a raging sinus infection (after suffering with a high fever for a week, I got a second opinion from a different doctor and got the right prescription and was better in two days...) but now I wonder about the different time periods of clothing and being turned away and maybe there was something to it.

That's very interesting and would be evidence that all periods of time happen simultaneously.

People dying a long time ago are in fact in the same time zone as those passing away now. If it were not for the clothing, I would say that is was just a bit of a nightmare or delirious escapade. The clothing brings home the notion that the other world has no time and space and makes your "dream" more than real.
edit on 4-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

It did feel more real than some dreams I have. My dream world has become my playground in these later years but in those times I didn't give it much thought - although I did start having sleep paralysis when I was in my early teens.

You are right. I am quite convinced that all times and places are forever accessible on the "other side". We see it in a timeline to make sense of it, but everything is NOW. I always wondered about the times in lives that no one saw but those experiencing it, but I think it's all there. Not here, but on the other side and sometimes accessible in dreams. I had someone tell me in a dream what happens after you die, you either stay and experience that side for a little while or a long while or forever, where you are allowed to create the world around you and learn, or you can chose the corporeal world and visit that world in dreams.

Some of my dreams are so real and vivid I have a difficult time discerning the real from what I have dreamed in some instances. For instance I always dream my old room (house since sold after my mum died) to be covered in cobwebs, and recently I had that dream but had a difficult time figuring whether it was full of cobwebs or not at some point in time. There are places in dreams I go to repeatedly. I do think there's more to it than we think.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Maybe, but think of how SURE Death would've been, say, 50 years ago of the medication needed to Dave you hadn't been created yet. Would he have still been only 98% sure? Maybe something else would have prevented your death? Idk.

Also, there is no death without the presence of Death himself. Death is ultimately inevitable. No matter how much of that aging cream some of these folks apply before beddybye time.

ETA: My assumption would be that Death isn't aware of how advanced our race has come. Even other species still hunt and kill and pretty much die the same. 'Course it's not near as bad because of OUR intelligence and desire to save the rainforests, or whatnot. He follows the signs to where death is SUPPOSED to occur and is shocked that he doesn't leave with his... Package... Because some kid was given medicine. Nothing can be done, however, because death is just death. Simple. He takes what is dead and send it to the next platform. He doesn't have the ability to evolve and think of ways to fight the human intelligence.

Plus, I'm sure plenty still die on a daily basis to keep him busy.
edit on 5-10-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Some of my dreams are so real and vivid I have a difficult time discerning the real from what I have dreamed in some instances. For instance I always dream my old room (house since sold after my mum died) to be covered in cobwebs, and recently I had that dream but had a difficult time figuring whether it was full of cobwebs or not at some point in time. There are places in dreams I go to repeatedly. I do think there's more to it than we think.

I had such a vivid dream. I was in an unknown house with some guests in the evening. But ,when I woke up in that house the next day, it was in ruin; with trees and plants that had grown through what used to be windows. Soil and vegetation everywhere in the house and no guests. I woke up from this dream after letting out a loud cry and screaming : "I am dead...I am dead".

I believe it was an experience of the other world. It is just that I was not used to it and did not know how to handle it.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14

ETA: My assumption would be that Death isn't aware of how advanced our race has come. Even other species still hunt and kill and pretty much die the same. 'Course it's not near as bad because of OUR intelligence and desire to save the rainforests, or whatnot. He follows the signs to where death is SUPPOSED to occur and is shocked that he doesn't leave with his... Package... Because some kid was given medicine. Nothing can be done, however, because death is just death. Simple. He takes what is dead and send it to the next platform. He doesn't have the ability to evolve and think of ways to fight the human intelligence.

It is said that, if you give something a name, you have power over it.

Personifying death to the extent that you have a conversation with it may go a long way to change the course of events.

I am not good at chess. Need to think of another challenge for the grim reaper.
edit on 5-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I have had those too. The timeslip dreams, only mine seem to focus on losing both of my parents as an only child. I have no living aunts or uncles either being a late life baby, and no siblings or children. I am the last of my line. I'll be with my parents and then suddenly I lose sight of them and go around my old house calling and crying for my parents. If anyone's haunting my childhood home, it might be me...LOL. Those timeslip ones are spooky for sure. Had another where I was at a facility somewhere in the mountainous desert but in a plain. There was a patio outside and it was night and beautiful snowflakes were falling over everything and I was dancing about in them but said to myself "This is the last time it will snow, all of this will be dust..."

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I have had those too. The timeslip dreams, only mine seem to focus on losing both of my parents as an only child. I have no living aunts or uncles either being a late life baby, and no siblings or children. I am the last of my line. I'll be with my parents and then suddenly I lose sight of them and go around my old house calling and crying for my parents. If anyone's haunting my childhood home, it might be me...LOL. Those timeslip ones are spooky for sure. Had another where I was at a facility somewhere in the mountainous desert but in a plain. There was a patio outside and it was night and beautiful snowflakes were falling over everything and I was dancing about in them but said to myself "This is the last time it will snow, all of this will be dust..."

It seems to me that there are two kinds of dreams. First the ones where it is merely the subconscious coming out to play. Then, there is the other type which leaves you with lasting feelings and a sensation that you were really there and it happened.

You are probably haunting your old home.

Again the timeslip phenomenon. A sign you may have crossed over and come back, in my opinion. When we have these spooky dreams I sometimes wonder whether what transpires in the dream determines if we wake up at all in the physical world.

edit on 6-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Death cannot be cheated, except in hollywood movies.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If youre going to personify death.. then why is he a bad dark guy you have to cheat to keep surviving.What if death is a merciful sort.. coming to the aid of the dying to end the suffering. Its the life that is both joyous and painful at the same time.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
If youre going to personify death.. then why is he a bad dark guy you have to cheat to keep surviving.What if death is a merciful sort.. coming to the aid of the dying to end the suffering. Its the life that is both joyous and painful at the same time.

I think you are jumping to conclusions. I never suggested that death should be personified as a dark figure. Ingmar Bergman's film was just included as an example. In contrast, "A matter of life and death" has a jovial character representing the messenger from beyond.

For as long as I can remember, I have always had the greatest respect for death. If somebody is suffering unbearable pain, death is the great deliverer and saviour. I have in fact done a lot of paintings which I have titled "Homage to Lord Death" in recognition of his role as saviour. So, I do share your views and more.

edit on 9-10-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorinoR
Death cannot be cheated, except in hollywood movies.

Try and tell that to those who came back from the brink or even from beyond.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join