It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

'Leaked Kerry comments prove US involvement in Syrian crisis from onset'

page: 1

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:11 AM

I believe that the Russians are aware of the fact that the war in Syria is a war by proxy directed against them and against their ally China. It is part of a bigger plan by the US to block Eurasia from having access to the maritime trade roots. In addition, I believe there was a mentioning of the presence of the representatives of the NGOs operating in insurgent territories. And this proves also that the US was using these NGOs as a tool of soft power in order to topple the Syrian regime.

I suppose it's just the same old story. I believe War Is a Racket by Smedley D. Butler should be required reading in all U.S. high schools. It seems nothing significant has changed since that book was written.

The story above could be considered Russian propaganda to some extent. The comments by Kerry seem fairly damning to me.

If it is Russian propaganda, I wonder why the U.S. and Russia are both putting out so much of it about Syria right now. Could the situation be even more dire than we know?
edit on 2-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:40 AM
a reply to: Profusion

I was about to post about this, but using the original The NewYork Times-article as a source, since parts of the tape are available to listen to there:
(Audio Reveals What John Kerry Told Syrians Behind Closed Doors)

NYT and the original voice of the United States Secretary of State... not so much "Russian propaganda".

The second clip of the tape is also interesting for those members on ATS who constantly denied that the U.S. is in fact not "invited in" to Syrian national territory... maybe it helps to hear your own Sec. of State saying it:

"Well the problem is the Russians don't care about international law and we do. And... we don't have a basis - our lawyers tell us - unless we have a UNSC-resolution - which the Russians can veto, or the Chinese - or unless we are under attack... from... the folks there, or unless we're invited in. Russia is invited in... by the legitimate regime... well it's illegitimate but by the regime."

The story also validates U.S. critical voices in the circles of representatives from business and industry here (i.e. Wisemen of the Federal Council of Economic Experts) ... the U.S. are treating us like enemies in the war for their crumbling economic hegemony (pax americana).
edit on 2-10-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:00 AM

This is controlled opposition. They know people know, so they have Kerry in there to try and humanize why they have to do these things. But at least they care about International Law, not like those evil Russians. Oh and he expresses frustration with the Obama admin and congress because they won't use more force like he wants. (fall guy)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:13 PM

This isn't really news to anybody paying attention. We're in another sovereign nation, again, interfering with them. Bush was evil to go into Iraq, but somehow the left can justify this?

If we don't get out of Syria we're looking at another cold war at best. Perhaps the most dangerous aspect of Clinton getting in the White House is that Obama policies in Syria will continue.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:25 PM

Jamal Wakeem, in the OP's linked article, believes it will take at least another year for a political solution to be talked about concerning Syria. (Sigh.) Way to go, Kerry, and U.S. war hawks.

It may be way too late by then.

I happened across part one today (I watched all eight parts but this one is especially pertinent to the OP) of a very interesting, in my view, interview of a man I'd never heard of before, Sheikh Imran Hosein, who lives in Malaysia. He's a speaker and a teacher. He talks about Russia acting out a script over a 1000 years old in order to checkmate NATO.

He introduces himself in the beginning then makes his statement in this 9 min., 37 sec. video:

edit on 2-10-2016 by tweetie because: bolded a word.

edit on 2-10-2016 by tweetie because: changed a small word.

Edited to Add: I keep wanting to give Kerry the benefit of the doubt because I detect a deep division in the U.S. government over Syria (those who want war with Russia and those who don't) and Kerry has spent so much time in Moscow with Lavrov and Putin. I'm seeing conflicting reports about what is in the leaked audio. I haven't listened to it yet.
edit on 2-10-2016 by tweetie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

This isn't really news to anybody paying attention.

I think the news is the fact that Russia is essentially officially admitting what's discussed in the original post. I posted the same thing a few days ago in the thread linked below. It's easy to ignore the message when it comes from Paul Craig Roberts. (Why? Because he appears on the Alex Jones Show...typical logical fallacy.)

When Russia is essentially saying the same thing Paul Craig Roberts has been saying for a long time:

Russia wants to defeat ISIS.
The US wants to use ISIS to overthrow Assad.
Therefore, there can be no cooperation between the US and Russia over Syria.

That's big news.

Paul Craig Roberts: 'There can be no cooperation between the US and Russia over Syria'
edit on 2-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

top topics