It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Download folder in Drive and in Pictures folder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I use a dedicated download folder into which everything I download goes into.

My hard drive is partitioned and this download folder is located in the other half of the disc ( D Drive) which is where I store my data.

I have no idea how it happened but now I find that the contents of this download folder is also in the 'Pictures' Library. I started to delete it only to get a message to the effect that I would also delete the folder from my D drive.

Im certain this is an outcome of either and or updates and recently installed a number of other programs which I cannot even remember now so finding an answer to this by going back through the programs is the really, really long way home.

I run windows 7 home edition and FF which contains an instruction to download content to the correct folder in the D drive.

Any ideas on how to fix this.

thanks to all.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

If nothing else just duplicate it into another folder as a backup and then remove both the originals.

If trying to one is also going to the other then they are linked or one is simply referencing the other one. When in doubt just back up the contents first and after knowing your data will be safe do whatever you want to the originals.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Thanks for that. It might come to that too

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Can you list the programs you've installed around the time this started happening?
You can see them by going into control panel > programs and features > and then sort by "installed on". It may have been a program that is designed to sync folders.

Do you have an external hard drive or a separate internal hard drive for data backups? When your main drive goes bad, you don't want to lose everything you have. Mechanical drives are cheap. You can get 1TB drives for like $50, and 2TB for around $70-$80.
edit on 10/2/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/2/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Did you redirect your shell folders? The folder on c might be more like a junction pointing to the real folders on d.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Can you list the programs you've installed around the time this started happening?
You can see them by going into control panel > programs and features > and then sort by "installed on". It may have been a program that is designed to sync folders.

Do you have an external hard drive or a separate internal hard drive for data backups? When your main drive goes bad, you don't want to lose everything you have. Mechanical drives are cheap. You can get 1TB drives for like $50, and 2TB for around $70-$80.

Thanks for that info, I was not aware that this could be done.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Did you redirect your shell folders? The folder on c might be more like a junction pointing to the real folders on d.

no I didnt, but as above,I have installed some programs that may have done this without my say so and I will attend to that. For some strange reason i can no longer pate a short of my browser to the desktop.

new topics

top topics

join