It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCW Shoots Back, Kills Robber In Walmart Parking Lot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: silverking

No there not police they just have a police radio to call them if they see something. Robberies have became so frequent at wal marts that many police departments have started to use them. Wal mart actually pays the bill for them. Wal marts are having a huge problem with security. They at one point started to rely on only cameras and saw theft go way up. Even saw an increase when they got rid of door greaters. Decided to change that policy and now even hire for in store security and some locations near a high crime area.

Couple of reasons for this people have been robbed of high value items in thr parking lot. See someone just bought a 52 in HDTV and trying to get it in there car. It's a very easy target and people have been hurt and when it happens on wal mart property they sue. And the theft costs wal mart billions every year. Yrs I said billions.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So I suppose the dead robber's family is going to sue Wal-Mart now for the wrongful death of their scumsucker?

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Actually, we're past the point of giving a sh** what you think. Our guns, our country, our lives.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Actually, we're past the point of giving a sh** what you think. Our guns, our country, our lives.

Thank you for you extremely well thought out response .

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Look, you want to whine about guns, how about all those warlords in Africa, killing and raping. Maybe ISIS or what's going on in Somalia. But no, you and your cohorts keep harping on guns in the U.S., which just goes to show, you really don't care about people who are dying, you just want to whine about Americans.
Get over it.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Did we loose a cancer cure?

No?

oh okay, back to breakfast.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

you and your cohorts

I have cohorts , who would have thunk it .

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: infolurker

Oh, I think I'm starting to understand how this works... since its a positive CC story, we should just accept every word of the employee's claims at total face value... but if it was a negative CC story, obviously the media are lying and we'd need some kind of evidence to analyze, before we could even consider accepting the claims as true.

There was a similar incident in my neck of the woods recently.

Woman leaving a Walmart was putting her baby in the car seat. She was attacked and beaten about the head and shoulders by two would be carjackers. One good Samaritan stepped in to try to intervene for her, and one of the bad guys pulled a gun and shot said good Samaritan twice, face and upper chest/shoulder. Second good Samaritan (CCW) then pulls his weapon and puts bad guy down for good.

Bad guy's family holds candlelight vigil for dead bad guy in parking lot. He didn't mean to!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's what really annoys/amazes me. The family of some of these people act like they were just on their way to church when someone just randomly shot them. No matter they had a criminal record as long as your arm and the victim is beaten bloody, "He was a good boy" seems to be the narrative. Just once, I'd like to hear some honesty and them say "I'm surprised he lived this long".

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: ketsuko

That's what really annoys/amazes me. The family of some of these people act like they were just on their way to church when someone just randomly shot them. No matter they had a criminal record as long as your arm and the victim is beaten bloody, "He was a good boy" seems to be the narrative. Just once, I'd like to hear some honesty and them say "I'm surprised he lived this long".

Pitbull syndrome.

Even robbers have their families. They do love their family, and they can go to church on Sunday same as everyone else. Where their family loses perspective is when they aren't able or willing to realize that as much as their loved may have been an outstanding person around them, that person still went out and victimized others in order to make a living.

And that behavior got them into trouble and the inevitable occurred.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

A few years ago, a guy that I worked with stayed late. When he was leaving, he saw a man dragging our receptionist into a van by her hair. He took a pistol from his car and confronted the man. The man let go of the woman and took off in the van. The man turned out to be the receptionists ex-husband. When the police caught him they found a suicide note stating that he had killed his ex-wife before killing himself.

My coworker was fired for having a gun on company property.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It always amazes me that people say our prisons are filled with men that just had a little weed but almost every time we see one of these "saints" shot he had multiple felony arrests.
Why was the "good boy" not in prison if he had so many felonies?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican it matters to blm and that was the point........

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

If people are actually finding themselves in situations where they have no choice but to defend themselves with a gun in the US, as often as people here would have you believe, then why not post a more cut and dry incident?

2 dudes had an altercation in a Walmart car park, then one shot the other and claimed self defense... seems flimsy to me.

My argument isn't with guns, its with people who're far to paranoid about how dangerous our world is in general.

Our world is dangerous. I'm about as liberal as you can get when it comes to social policies but I love my guns. I was raised shooting since I was 5 years old so I don't have the fear of firearms ingrained in me like a lot of people with no experience with guns. Not too long ago at the 7-11 by my house a ccw carrier stopped a man with a hatchet trying to murder the store clerk.

Once when I was younger, my step dad shot someone who was breaking into our house. (Kind of a funny story, the guy wriggled in the window, stood up, saw my step dad pointing the gun at him, tried to dive out the window, got stuck, and my step dad popped him right in the a$$ and knocked him out of the window. The next day the guys sister stopped by the house and thanked my step dad for shooting him haha). Maybe America is different in the respect that you need to be able to protect yourself when something bad happens. People here do try to kill each other more than other countries it seems like.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
People here do try to kill each other more than other countries it seems like.

I disagree. Crime is actually on the decrease. The problem is that the media sensationalizes it. Then you have to add in the Police and Prison guard unions. They have to hype crime other wise we might find out that we don't need as many of them as there are.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: underwerks
People here do try to kill each other more than other countries it seems like.

I disagree. Crime is actually on the decrease. The problem is that the media sensationalizes it. Then you have to add in the Police and Prison guard unions. They have to hype crime other wise we might find out that we don't need as many of them as there are.

Valid points.
One person's experiences won't ever align with another's completely. I do agree with you about the police and prison guard unions.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Good news about a short problem, infolurker. Bumped.
Read the whole article and the thread besides. If the
scene was accurately portrayed by the media, good shoot.

Proviso?
A lot of people posting here may not know, as I don't either,
if Florida has a stand-your-ground as well as a castle law.
Maybe a local could pipe in and straighten my ignor@ss out.

If both laws are in the FL books, the person may not even
be subject to termination-- since the encounter didn't even
happen inside the store.
That would be a sad, moot point if their store policy says no
weapons "on-property" instead of just in the store--
he's on the bricks. 'Hey I stopped an armed robbery, and all I
got was fired for it.' That'd suck like a 500CFM Holley on a 572.

Guess I'd rather be out of a job instead of ultimately unlucky.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, I think I'm starting to understand how this works... since its a positive CC story, we should just accept every word of the employee's claims at total face value... but if it was a negative CC story, obviously the media are lying and we'd need some kind of evidence to analyze, before we could even consider accepting the claims as true.

Woman leaving a Walmart was putting her baby in the car seat. She was attacked and beaten about the head and shoulders by two would be carjackers. One good Samaritan stepped in to try to intervene for her, and one of the bad guys pulled a gun and shot said good Samaritan twice, face and upper chest/shoulder.

A couple of lowlife junkies like that wouldn't of even been able to afford the price of a black market gun in Australia in the first place.... just sayin.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What's the level of immigration into Australia? Are most of them poor immigrants who swam a river or walked over a border? Or did they pay for immigration process.

America gets knocked a lot; we get negatively compared to countries that are whiter than us.

For the level of minorities that America has, its crime rate is below par.

I am ignorant as to the levels of illegal immigration into Australia. It looks like from what I find online that most of your immigrants are from China or else the first world and Philippines. Did they swim or walk, leaving a village of mud huts? Or were they the middle class from the US and western europe, plus entrepreneurs from the nations near you?

Our underclass is the underclass from Mexico and further south. They bring a lot of violence (and guns) with them. The defenders giving up their guns would not change the influx of guns, crime, and victims from across our southern land border.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: redempsh
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What's the level of immigration into Australia? Are most of them poor immigrants who swam a river or walked over a border? Or did they pay for immigration process.

We rarely let people in that tried to get here by water... We lock them up in a minimum security prison (women, children and men all together) on some Island outside of our borders (we call it 'offshore processing') for a few years, then we send them back home... Its totally illegal under international law, but that's what we do.

Its Australia's dirty little secret that should probably be a thread within itself.... lol.

<< 1    3 >>

join