It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCW Shoots Back, Kills Robber In Walmart Parking Lot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Another fine example of an armed robbery stopped by a CCW and the video displays the community's opinion of the action. The would-be victim walked away and the armed robber will not be harming anyone ever again.

News Video at the link:

miami.cbslocal.com...

SUNRISE (CBSMiami) — A Walmart employee turned the tables on a would-be robber with deadly results

It happened when the employee left the store, at 3306 N. University Drive, around 3:30 a.m. He was walking to his car when an armed man approached him and tried to rob him.

The two exchanged words, according to police, and then the Walmart employee pulled his own gun and fatally shot his would-be attacker.

“I’m sorry to hear what happened to the victim but my brother works hard to take care of him and his child,” said the man’s sister, who didn’t want to give her name.

Police said the employee, who was not hurt, has a concealed weapons permit and the shooting appears to have been in self-defense.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I wonder if the robber was black, if BLM will protest the shooting.

It seems like Soros only gives money to BLM if then protest when pieces of *ATS Edit* are killed

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
I wonder if the robber was black, if BLM will protest the shooting.

It seems like Soros only gives money to BLM if then protest when pieces of *ATS Edit* are killed

It doesn't matter what color the robber was. What matters is that an employee has his life still to live, and a robber- knowing he could lose his life over this- lost his life. That's the way it should be.

Would a better outcome have been if the employee had no gun, got robbed, and the robber got away- thereby with no one getting killed?

Maybe, but the next person the robber assaulted could have died. So this employee just saved who knows how many more innocent lives including his own. And that's the way it should be.

Rob someone, and you well may die. Good. Bye.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I have a feeling the employee may loose his job over this. Did he have it in his possession while at work? Not sure what Walmarts policy is but I know at our work, we are forbidden to have any weapon (gun) at work.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
ANd another bad guy goes Tango Uniform and assumes ambient temperature before he can harm anyone

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
ANd another bad guy goes Tango Uniform and assumes ambient temperature before he can harm anyone

Amen !

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7

I have a feeling the employee may loose his job over this. Did he have it in his possession while at work? Not sure what Walmarts policy is but I know at our work, we are forbidden to have any weapon (gun) at work.

And look at what those bs policies could have caused; a person to lose their life. No employer would ever make that decision for me personally... never.

BTW: Losing your job at Wal-Mart isn't the end of the world. Your life is more precious than working at some retail, minimum wage sh# store.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 02 Oct 2016 02:13:36 -050010amSundaynd02am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Oh, I think I'm starting to understand how this works... since its a positive CC story, we should just accept every word of the employee's claims at total face value... but if it was a negative CC story, obviously the media are lying and we'd need some kind of evidence to analyze, before we could even consider accepting the claims as true.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Innocent 'til proven guilty of a crime.

Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? Apparently not.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Likewise for the one that got shot though, yeah?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: seagull

Likewise for the one that got shot though, yeah?

I'm not sure what your issue here is. If the police haven't arrested the man, he was legally carrying, and stopped a deadly threat, what's the problem?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
and who starred him

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If people are actually finding themselves in situations where they have no choice but to defend themselves with a gun in the US, as often as people here would have you believe, then why not post a more cut and dry incident?

2 dudes had an altercation in a Walmart car park, then one shot the other and claimed self defense... seems flimsy to me.

My argument isn't with guns, its with people who're far to paranoid about how dangerous our world is in general.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
and who starred him

I think its safe to say they probably weren't American...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I know this area, and live fairly close to it. The location of this Wal-Mart is in a decent neighborhood, and surrounded by popular stores and restaurants. However, just east of this location is one of the highest crime areas of South Florida. I'm not surprised a robbery took place there, but it's a high traffic location so the thief must have been desperate. The Wal-Mart is open 24 hours and it's always busy. Also, they have one of those police towers in the parking lot, so..... like I said, this guy was either really dumb, or really desperate, or maybe both, lol.

Anyway, I just wanted to share some info about this location so anyone that's interested will have a better idea of where this unfortunate incident took place. I'd also like to add that I don't wish death on anyone, but it's always good to hear about the citizens that take the responsibility of defending themselves seriously, instead of relying on others to do it for them.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: projectvxn

If people are actually finding themselves in situations where they have no choice but to defend themselves with a gun in the US, as often as people here would have you believe, then why not post a more cut and dry incident?

2 dudes had an altercation in a Walmart car park, then one shot the other and claimed self defense... seems flimsy to me.

My argument isn't with guns, its with people who're far to paranoid about how dangerous our world is in general.

Or those that are obliviously naive to those same dangers; relying on the so-called 'humanity' of everyone to cure the inhumane traits of everyone else.

Simply preposterous.

This is why people die every day, because they trivialize these incidents because it hasn't happened to them......yet. Then, these same people want to call gun owners and the like paranoid, while they foolishly rely on the "odds of it happening" equation.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, or you believe it won't, doesn't mean it isn't happening at all.

Far too many good people who would have never thought for a moment that a certain day would be their last day are filling our cemeteries every day.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 02 Oct 2016 04:23:53 -050010amSundaynd04am by EternalShadow because: paragraph spacing

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: silverking

Also, they have one of those police towers in the parking lot,

What the heck is a police tower? I have visions of some sort of guard tower like you would see at a prison.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Geez mate , dont you know you cant question the American love of guns on ATS . You know this one incident outweighs the 13,286 killed by guns last year in the US . Bad Subaeruginosa . What were you thinking .

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: silverking

Also, they have one of those police towers in the parking lot,

What the heck is a police tower? I have visions of some sort of guard tower like you would see at a prison.

Here is what you ask. I assume these to be what the poster is referring to.
Images for portable police guard tower
edit on 10/2/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Hahaha, that's pretty much what they are. They call them "observational towers", or "surveillance towers". They're basically mobile towers that are meant to make you think twice before committing a crime in a parking lot. Here's a picture...........

I think they're mostly occupied by cameras, but I have seen people in them a few times. The people hired to sit in them are probably not cops though. Maybe service aids, or something similar.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join