It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Sept 11 Widow Is First American To Sue Saudi Arabia For Terrorism: Her Full Lawsuit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Ohanka

Wins what?

I'm for this but more sinister, cut the ties with Saudia Arabia and take the hit. It will suck but it's gotta happen sometime.

But wins what? Money?

Will this make Saudia Arabia accountable if they take a drop out of the bucket for her.

Are the courts going to show the US something we didn't know? No.

If you believe they are accountable sue our government for still doing business with them.

Agreed.

Phage..can of worms? More like Pandora's box.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Pandora's box is if we wait to cut ties.

The ties are symbolic of our government, we hold ties for oil profit, for petro dollar.

Edit: corporate (bank) interests, not national.

It's not about them, it's about us.
edit on 2-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Two words: subpoena power.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
Will she be able to meet the costs and damages when Saudi Arabia responds with a libel suit?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Pandora's box is if we wait to cut ties.

The ties are symbolic of our government, we hold ties for oil profit, for petro dollar.

It's not about them, it's about us.

It is about us..but we don't control us. Us is not them anymore. They no longer represent us.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

They're getting sloppy though. They thought they could do whatever they wanted because the masses were blind. They were right. But they got sloppy and here we are. This last year has poured over in information.

It's not if but when the house of cards falls.
edit on 2-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

They're getting sloppy though. They thought they could do whatever they wanted because the masses were blind. They were right. But they got sloppy and here we are. This last year has poured over in information.

It's not if but when the house of cards falls.

The blind cannot see a house of cards fall. They only know it has fallen when it has fallen upon them. The one's that can see will be but unfortunate collateral cadavers.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Profusion
Will she be able to meet the costs and damages when Saudi Arabia responds with a libel suit?

I was just thinking that in a sense. Now this gives opportunities for the Saudi defendants to show real evidence that they've been framed. Could lead to a domino effect.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

What does it matter if they were framed? I know the answer to that question, but they are not afraid of looking guilty.

Funny thing letting your dependence grow on a country. Last time I checked all of Europe isn't to keen on the Russia which hunt... Wounder why.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Are they even subject to our courts? I mean, do US courts have any jurisdiction over other countries? What's to keep SA from just ignoring the courts decision? How would we enforce this? I'm not seeing it.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: subject x

I mean, do US courts have any jurisdiction over other countries?

According to the law, US civil courts now have jurisdiction.
Weird.

edit on 10/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

What does it matter if they were framed? I know the answer to that question, but they are not afraid of looking guilty.

Funny thing letting your dependence grow on a country. Last time I checked all of Europe isn't to keen on the Russia which hunt... Wounder why.

I meant that if they proved they were framed, the world gets to look deeper into who really perpetrated 9/11

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: subject x
Are they even subject to our courts? I mean, do US courts have any jurisdiction over other countries? What's to keep SA from just ignoring the courts decision? How would we enforce this? I'm not seeing it.

The Saudis have a legal presence in the US. They have lots of assets here. A judgement in favor of a plaintiff would be enforced primarily against their US based assets.

Thus they threatened to sell them all off if the bill was passed. Practically speaking, because of the enormity of their portfolio, it's impossible to do quickly unless they want to give them away for pennies on the dollar. I'd imagine even then it would take them months of focused effort.

Even if they had literally nothing tangible that was physically in the US itself, much of their wealth would exist as 1's and 0's in the SWIFT banking network, which connects most of the world's banks, and to which there is as yet no practical alternative (China is working on one).

The extraordinary thing is having governments exempt from the legal system in the first place.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

The extraordinary thing is having governments exempt from the legal system in the first place.

Foreign governments.

US citizens have the right to sue their own government. It's part of that sovereignty thing, I guess.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
And tomorrow a million Iraqis put in their claims against the USA for having a war under false pretenses and destroying millions of lives.
The USA will not pay neither will the Saudis.
edit on 2-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 11andrew34

Foreign governments.

US citizens have the right to sue their own government. It's part of that sovereignty thing, I guess.

It's probably the least frequently remembered part of the first amendment, the last one in the list.

"Congress shall make no law...abridging...the right of the people...to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

And this would be the smoking gun?

Like I said, the evidence is out, so they lose a civil case and that's it, we all wake up?

Don't get me wrong I want all the awareness we can.

Saudis are a Rouge state and where does the US fit in.

This is proof Noone wants to know.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Cubans could sue for being blocked by the USA, Grenada, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, Libya, Syria off the top of my head may else have cases.

How about all those Central and S.American countries destabilised by US involvement over the last few decades.

USA is known for ridiculously high compensation payouts so we could easily see 1000's of cases being brought and once the lawyers see how much money they can make off the back of this........

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: subject x

The answer would kind of be no . With the Obama veto looming again , he has to sign it as law . And probably will not as long as there is an executive action or a loophole to wriggle through.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

With the Obama veto looming again , he has to sign it as law .

False.
www.congressforkids.net...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join