It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Records Obtained by The Times Reveal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: projectvxn

..... can't get his own house in order.

Neither one, it seems, can't get their house in order, as Michelle Obama pointed out Hillary's inability to do so in 2008.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: 8675309jenny

This is so frustrating to have to explain to people: THERE IS NO TAX IF YOU DONT TURN A PROFIT!!

So he's not the master business man the portrays himself to be?

This kind of comment from you, and from so many others in this thread, demonstrate that you have little or no idea how the minds of successful people work. Entrepreneurs, the good ones, often undertake high-risk-reward business activities. Some of these work out, some don't.

As the old saying goes, you haven't lost until you give up. Trump, and many more extraordinarily successful people, got knocked down at one point or another - but they got up, dusted themselves off, and got back to work.

Here are a few other folks who declared bankruptcy at one point or another (with their name, the year they declared bankruptcy, and their eventual net worth). Maybe you will recognize some of these folks...

Henry Ford (1903) - $188 billion
Walt Disney (1921) - $1.1 billion
H.J. Heinz (1875) - $400 million
George Foreman (1983) - $300 million
Bob Guccione (2003) - $400 million
Clarence Saunders (1922) - $180 million
Milton Hershey (1880) - $150 million
William C. Durant (1936) - $120 million
Ulysses S. Grant (1881)- $95.1 million
Francis Ford Coppola (1990) $67.4 million
Wayne Newton (1992) $30 million
P.T. Barnum (1856) $25 million
Stan Lee (2000) - $20 million
Abraham Lincoln (1833) - $18.4 million
John Connally (1988) - $11 million
Buffalo Bill (1913) - $8 million
William McKinley (1893) - $7.5 million

I have highlighted the names of folks who seemed to have had pretty successful political careers, despite having taken advantage of the protections available under bankruptcy laws.

Trump has Impressive Company on List of Bankruptcy Survivors

And so...your point about Trump is what?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CigaretteByrnes

I will pay less taxes with Trump as president.

I will pay more taxes with Hillary as president.

Uh....ok. I'll accept that. Simple, no BS!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CigaretteByrnes

I will pay less taxes with Trump as president.

I will pay more taxes with Hillary as president.

Uh....ok. I'll accept that. Simple, no BS!

And thanks for the civil response! It's appreciated!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

And this is a surprise? Anyone even watching his pathetic tv show knows he's a liar and a conartist. That's why he's running for president. But still a big no for Hillary. We're doomed.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well if trump is not qualified to be president because he has done as many Americans and not paid taxes in some years,"we are speculating he has not paid taxes" and has filed bankruptcy in his past.

Should we not let Americans that have done the same thing vote?

Show up to the polls with last years tax returns and a copy of their credit score maybe?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Well if trump is not qualified to be president because he has done as many Americans and not paid taxes in some years,"we are speculating he has not paid taxes" and has filed bankruptcy in his past.

Show up to the polls with last years tax returns and a copy of their credit score maybe?

This line of attack on Trump really is quite puzzling.

He followed the law (not even his attackers are suggesting that he did something illegal), and he discharged his duties to his Companies and their Shareholders...by legally maximizing their after-tax returns.

As a result of being able to (legally) carry forward a prior year tax loss, he "may" not have paid certain Federal Taxes for a number of years, until the carry forward was (legally) fully consumed.

What a dastardly piece of work that Donald Trump is - how dare he follow the laws of the land?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I guess the constitution isn't your strong point? Well you and Trump have something in common.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

How did I attack trump in that post?

I said he didn't pay taxes some years, "maybe"
I said he has filed bankruptcy.

I also pointed out that many Americans do the exact same thing.

My point was how do we hold any of those things against him when so many people do the exact same thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

I guess the constitution isn't your strong point? Well you and Trump have something in common.

It's called sarcasm.
Chill a bit

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
First, Trump did not break the law. The NYT did. They have been sitting on these since last month. It is illegal to release documents like this. Up to 5 years in jail. That should be the story here.

He filed for a loss in 95. I am starting to think maybe this is the only bad one out there because if the person has this one they have others. Will it be a staggered release or did the NYT realize when they got them last month this is the only one they could make a story out of.

Interesting fact....the NYT did NOT pay any taxes last year and got 3.5 million in their return. That should be the bigger story.

Saying "he could have" or "he might have" is all speculation and again, I could care less if ANY candidate pays or does not pay taxes due to loopholes. They are there for ALL of us, not just certain people. If you do not use tax loopholes you are an idiot.

Clinton side of the story

The campaign of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton — which has been pushing Trump to release his tax returns — celebrated the news story. “There it is,” Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook said. “This bombshell report reveals the colossal nature of Donald Trump’s past business failures and just how long he may have avoided paying any federal income taxes whatsoever.” Read more: dailycaller.com...

Trump side of the story

Trump’s campaign said in a statement that the candidate is “a highly-skilled businessman who has a fiduciary responsibility to his business, his family and his employees to pay no more tax than legally required.” “That being said, Mr. Trump has paid hundreds of millions of dollars in property taxes, sales and excise taxes, real estate taxes, city taxes, state taxes, employee taxes and federal taxes, along with very substantial charitable contributions,” the campaign said. “Mr. Trump knows the tax code far better than anyone who has ever run for president and he is the only one that knows how to fix it.” Read more: dailycaller.com...

edit on 10am31amf0000002016-10-02T10:35:04-05:001004 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Was there a law broken? no.

i have not paid taxes in 15 years because i have been living on disability.

Because he is currently under audit by the IRS.

Why doesn't Obama order the IRS to wrap up their audit already?

Its the best thing Obama can do for Hillary is to do nothing to speed up Trumps audit.
And we all know how the IRS went after republican conservative groups.
www.redstate.com...
That means the IRS likely has no intent on completing Trumps tax audit before the election just to help Hillary

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
This is really really bad for Trump, don't you agree? I think I believe Hillary when she states Donald hasn't paid taxes since the 1970's.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
yeah , we all knew about 4 bankruptcies out of his hundreds of businesses, heard it over and over, funny that if they found he had sent classified emails on his private server then he would be in jail when others seem to get rewarded for it. Is that all the taxes show ? wheres the bombshell ? Does anyone here want to get breaks on taxes or pay taxes at all ?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

his dealings in cuba should disqualify him.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

his dealings in cuba should disqualify him.

Whitewater anyone?
The Clinton crime cartel has more skeletons than closets to hide them.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

a reply to: mobiusmale

How did I attack trump in that post?

I said he didn't pay taxes some years, "maybe"
I said he has filed bankruptcy.

I also pointed out that many Americans do the exact same thing.

My point was how do we hold any of those things against him when so many people do the exact same thing.

I actually posted in support of what you said...the "line of attack" I was referring to is being made by the anti-Trump folks (Democrats, MSM, Never-Trumpers, etc.).

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Too bad Trump can't use them loopholes to lower the deficit or the debt.

In fact I'd go as far to say if he is this bad with a Billion of his own dollars ('95 money so you work out how much that'd be now) how bad will he be with your Trillions?

This guy is really just a huge loser who only survived because of daddy.
What a bitch.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
An interesting comment from the BBC

During last Monday's debate Donald Trump said that if he avoided paying income taxes it meant he's "smart". If the documents obtained by the New York Times are legitimate, the Republican nominee may have been brilliant for up to 18 years.

There's no evidence at this point that Mr Trump did anything improper. Just because it's legal, however, doesn't mean this revelation isn't potentially damaging. First, Mr Trump has staked his campaign on being a savvy businessman, and posting a financial loss so large that his tax accountant's software couldn't process the number may undermine that claim.

Then there's the fact that Mr Trump has, over the years, condemned prominent Americans,­ including Barack Obama and Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos, for not paying enough taxes. Now he looks like a hypocrite.

Hotel impresario Leona Helmsley once famously said that "only little people pay taxes" - and she was excoriated for it. Americans know the wealthy have a multitude of ways to avoid taxes. Knowing is different from seeing the cold, hard evidence, however. At the very least, this latest revelation once again puts Mr Trump on his heels in the final weeks of the presidential campaign.
edit on 2-10-2016 by blackrabbit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach
a reply to: matafuchs
This is really really bad for Trump, don't you agree? I think I believe Hillary when she states Donald hasn't paid taxes since the 1970's.

I do not agree at all.

If, repeat if, Trump hasn't paid taxes since the 1970's (highly unlikely), then you should look to the people who have written and revised the Tax Code over the last 50 years - not a guy who has simply followed the rules that they set up.

I really wonder if the people who are getting all prickly about this (speculative possibility), would here and now agree to head on down to City Hall (or their State Capital, Washington DC), and volunteer to pay some amount in taxes that they are not required by law to pay.

I expect that, likely unanimously, none would volunteer to turn out their pockets and pay more than the taxman says they owe.

If so, why the double-standard expecting that Donald Trump should pony up more than the IRS says is payable?
edit on 2-10-2016 by mobiusmale because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join