It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Tax Records Obtained by The Times Reveal

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

Well if trump is not qualified to be president because he has done as many Americans and not paid taxes in some years,"we are speculating he has not paid taxes" and has filed bankruptcy in his past.

Should we not let Americans that have done the same thing vote?

Show up to the polls with last years tax returns and a copy of their credit score maybe?

his dealings in cuba should disqualify him.

Whitewater anyone?
The Clinton crime cartel has more skeletons than closets to hide them.

whitewater has been completely discredited....but keep beating that dead horse

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach
I think Its true Trump hasn't paid taxes since the 70's

You don't get audited as much as he does and not pay taxes. In fact, don't you all think they'd have found something at this point if it was there?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: projectvxn
Was there a law broken?

No law was broken it seems

But the fake facade of him being a great businessman that will bring back jobs is slowing crumbling.

Funny, since it was his main selling point.

How is that? The guy lost nearly a billion dollars 21 years ago and is worth as much or more today. What is the problem? Big money swings happen all the time in richland.

In fact, it shows he has the fortitude to bring himself and maybe even the country back from the brink.

He might still be bleeding money

The truth is we don't know how much he's worth.

What do you think is the reason he refuses to release his taxes?

There is no legal requirement that Presidential candidates release those records. But I figure if he should, I wanna see all the paperwork for The CF.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

Well if trump is not qualified to be president because he has done as many Americans and not paid taxes in some years,"we are speculating he has not paid taxes" and has filed bankruptcy in his past.

Should we not let Americans that have done the same thing vote?

Show up to the polls with last years tax returns and a copy of their credit score maybe?

his dealings in cuba should disqualify him.

Whitewater anyone?
The Clinton crime cartel has more skeletons than closets to hide them.

whitewater has been completely discredited....but keep beating that dead horse

When?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

Not at all. This is what thousands of businessmen and women do each year. This is from 95. 20 years ago. Makes no difference to me or his supporters. As far as the voters she needs they also do not care. They care about what is going to happen now what happened 20 years ago. Just like they do not care about Clinton rapes and infidelities. Old news...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Too bad Trump can't use them loopholes to lower the deficit or the debt.

In fact I'd go as far to say if he is this bad with a Billion of his own dollars ('95 money so you work out how much that'd be now) how bad will he be with your Trillions?

This guy is really just a huge loser who only survived because of daddy.
What a bitch.

I think the only losers are the broke, anti success people who are jealous that their parents were successful and left them a leg up in the world.

Successful people don't hate shame inheritance and family help.

If you could become a success, you are telling me you would give it away before your kids get it?

It reflects your character more than his, to make the statement you just did.

-Calling him a b because his Dad helped him.

Those evil rich people.

Why buy the "no, it's not us politicians taking and mismanaging your cash, it's the evil rich people.

When people are more successful than you, you ask why and learn, not get jealous and call them b's.

Work smarter, not harder and you will have other non-big picture thinkers that haven't figured it out yet to call you names in a jealous rant.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Jealous of what? Lol.

That my daddy didn't leave me millions of dollars and build my own legacy?
Nah I'm alright mate.

Jealous that he lost a billion in one year?
Nah I'm alright mate.

Next you're gonna tell me I'm jealous of his super hot woman folk?
Lol.

If you're not a Clinton supporter, you're jealous.

That's the level of rebuttal you can expect from Trumpers.

As it stands I have no problem with inheritance, I think it's good for families I received my own once.

The problem I have with Trump is his thin skinned, messianic complex.
Thus, he is a bitch.
edit on 2-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Who released this? The Chinese Hackers or the Russian Hackers. Sounds like we should saber rattle and blame them for allegedly tampering with the election.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Speaking of the Liberal/Progressive NYT:

The New York Times Paid No Taxes in 2014

But the Times itself has “avoided” paying taxes — in 2014, for example.
As Forbes noted at the time: … for tax year 2014, The New York Times paid no taxes and got an income tax refund of $3.5 million even though they had a pre-tax profit of $29.9 million in 2014. In other words, their post-tax profit was higher than their pre-tax profit.

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 2-10-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
All I'm seeing is a reason to simplify the tax code, remove loopholes, and lower overall tax brackets in the process.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
All I'm seeing is a reason to simplify the tax code, remove loopholes, and lower overall tax brackets in the process.

That was my thought as well. I may not like the fact that Trump didn't pay taxes in 1995 but I can't fault him for using the existing laws. The same goes for NYT. They used existing laws to not pay taxes but they (illegally) print a story about Trump using the laws to his advantage. How hypocritical. I don't blame them for using the laws to their advantage but they shouldn't be throwing stones from their glass house.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CigaretteByrnes

I will pay less taxes with Trump as president.

I will pay more taxes with Hillary as president.

That is a bit of an assumption there, perhaps one might call it even a "leap of faith".

But I get it, you are basing your decisions on what you believe to be your own best self-interest.

OK, I get that.

But.

Back in 1995, if these documents are correct, isn't that exactly what Trump did with regard to his personal income taxes?

Not saying it was illegal, not even saying that is was somehow "unethical".

He took the best advantage of the laws that existed at the time as anyone would/should.

It just so happens that the tax laws at that time very advantageous to someone with his type and amount of income.

And I'd be willing to bet that, if you were in a similar situation, at that time, you would have done the same, right?

I'd also be willing to bet that you weren't and could not.

Here's what I am trying to understand:

The personal income tax laws back then gave Trump an advantage and, likely, placed folks like you and me at a disadvantage.

The reasoning you gave for supporting Trump was that you believed that you would pay less tax under a Trump administration than under one headed by Clinton.

But doesn't that mean that you believe that Trump, once elected, would work Against his own self-interest by reforming the very tax laws that heused/uses to achieve his personal wealth?

Is that a rational belief on your part? Really?

This whole situation reminds me of a scene in which two divers find themselves too deep to make it back to the surface on the air each has in his tank.

So, without warning or discussion (fish make poor moderators), one diver stabs the other in the back and takes his air tank, insuring his own safe return to the surface.

I find it hard to believe that the remaining diver, as he sinks bleeding and drowning to his death, would spend his last moments of life praising and marveling at the cunning, smart, nay "Brilliant" survival skills of the diver who just stabbed and robbed him.

But, then, here's Trump.

And here's y'all.
edit on 2-10-2016 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

Do you like comedy movies? This whole election plays out like a comedy movie but you guys are approaching it like it's a suspense/political drama.

Some of us don't have the luxury of looking at this election "from an emotionally and politically detached perspective" as many of us have kids and are concerned about their future. If you want to approach this election with an apathetic viewpoint that's your decision and that's fine, but don't chastise people who care enough to give a damn and actually have more than a "detached perspective" towards this election.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Mandroid7

The problem I have with Trump is his thin skinned, messianic complex.
Thus, he is a bitch.

One could claim your a whiny one as well. Still fuming over Trumps stance on Muslim immigration?

LOL

edit on 2-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The tax thing worked on Romney, didn't it?

Harry Reid lied about it and people believed it.

People are pretty stupid.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
The tax thing worked on Romney, didn't it?

Harry Reid lied about it and people believed it.

People are pretty stupid.

Romney at least paid 15% in taxes.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
1995?

Who was in office at that time?

That's right! Clinton!

Surely Clinton woukd have used his power and influence to put an end to this tax law if it were so terrible, right?

Funny...I never heard about Hillary or Obama speaking out against this tax law (that Trump lawfully and prudently used) either.

I guess this means Trump will be a fiscally responsible president and not voluntarily add more to the federal debt by paying more for goods, services and tariffs than is lawfully required.

Such a sad little post.

Are you sad because you can not refute it with it with evidence and reason?

Is that why you and the other usual Hillary pawns are always resorting to ad-hominem attacks?

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

In other words, their post-tax profit was higher than their pre-tax profit.
Estimated tax deposits are not an expense, they are a balance sheet asset. A tax refund is not profit.

But the New York Times is a publicly traded corporation. Trump is not.

edit on 10/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

I've never had a problem with Trump's immigration stance on Muslims.

I actually agree with it so there goes your only attempt at a rebuttal.

Better luck next time.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Whats this about the CLINTON foundation failing AUDIT?
The broad wants to talk TAXES right?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join