It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSV-2 Swift hit by antiship missile, sunk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The HSV-2 Swift, a trimaran supply ship built by Australia was hit by an apparent antiship missile fired from Yemen, and eventually sank. Swift had been hired by the US Navy for years to test the trimaran hull and high speed design for future US ships. She was returned to Australia several years ago and had been hired by the UAE Navy. She was approaching the coast of Yemen, when Houthi forces fired an apparent C802 missile at it. The missile struck the ship and set it on fire.

No word on any casualties.

Yemeni forces have targeted and destroyed an Emirati military vessel in a rocket attack near the Red Sea port city of Mokha, al-Masirah TV said.

A military source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Ansarullah fighters and allied army forces launched rockets at an HSV-2 Swift hybrid catamaran operated by the Emirati navy off the shores of the Red Sea port city of Mokha early on Saturday, al-Masirah television reported.

english.almanar.com.lb...
edit on 10/1/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh, #...

This is so not good. So not good.

United Arab Emirate? US ally. Yemen, not so much. Great. Just **bleeping** great.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Not sure if this is the vid but I got this today ..

link   
There have been reports that there were no crew members killed on board, which would be a miracle. Nothing on injuries.

link   
a reply to: seagull
Yemeni forces work together with the Emirates, it's the Yemeni Houthis, funded by Iran and North Korea that did the attack.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RedMenace16

Yes, I saw that when I updated my knowledge.

Mea Culpa. Thanks, though.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Ohhh that is not good at all. Wow.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
1.7Billion ransom in action... Thanks Obama

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The claim is that is her, but it hasn't been verified yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well this doesn't Bode well. Any idea what the ship was transporting or just taking a cruise?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Artye

Probably supplies to the forces there. She was heading to port apparently.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Something tells me I know what is going to happen to the billion dollars worth of weapons we just sold to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Do you have more information on the anti ship missile used?

Google isn't giving too much on the C208 anti ship missile mentioned, does it have another name?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Was always their money to begin with.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Do you have more information on the anti ship missile used?

Google isn't giving too much on the C208 anti ship missile mentioned, does it have another name?

I want to hear too, he may mean the C802 anti ship missile.. Chinese export.. (YJ-82)

I think that's it.

Here is some wiki

edit on 1-10-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Sorry, my Sydlexia kicked in. It's the C802.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So they don't get on then? have they got history of fighting? I'm not up to date on Yeman and the UEA.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm sure warhawk Hillary will find a way to blame Russia and the vast right wing conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yet another aluminum ship destroyed by a missile.

Reminiscent of the losses by the British in the Falklands War.

Aluminum burns well.

P

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I guarantee Russia will be blamed for providng the anti-ship missle at the very least.

Tags: Yemen, Russia, Saudi, missiles, anti-aircraft, anti-ships, embassy, aid, Sanaa, Saleh, Houthi, al-Ahmar, Khawlan, Arqoub, Hadi
A senior Yemeni political source told al-Araby al-Jadeed that deposed president Ali Abdullah Saleh has asked the Russians to provide dissident Yemeni army factions loyal to him with anti-aircraft and anti-ship missiles.

According to the same source, Saleh asked the acting Russian ambassador and the military attache at the Russian embassy in Yemen during a meeting in Sanaa a few days ago to provide his forces with anti-aircraft thermal guided missiles and anti-ship surface-to-surface missiles.

Saleh intends to use these missiles to target Saudi-led Arab coalition warships that are in Yemen's territorial waters, the source who preferred not to be named added.

www.alaraby.co.uk...

edit on 1-10-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join