It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife is making supper...thank goodness!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The wife (the Chef) found a really interesting recipe tonight. She doesn't cook often (at home), but when she does it's EXCELLENT!! God Bless her!!

So tonight we're having a pumpkin infused Marinara sauce with some home made turkey meatballs (also with pure pumpkin). Served over spaghetti squash. Haven't eaten any of it yet, but I tasted the sauce and it's wonderful! Tastes like fall.

My back is hurting so bad tonight, I can barely move. I changed the oil in the cars and the big tractor today. Have to haul hay tomorrow. I'm really glad the wife is cooking dinner tonight. Home made meatballs (turkey)...YAY!! (not a big fan of turkey, it's tasteless IMO), but anyway. She's a really good cook, so I'm staying out of the kitchen, crippled as I am.

Veggie dinner tonight, but it's all good!!

edit on 10/1/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Youre lucky! My wife hands down...isnt the best. I am. She has a hard time frying-water.*

*And she keeps wondering what the tv channels wont change when she's aiming the garage door opener at it...bless her heart.

Her cooking? A couple things...but...no.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
what the hell is spaghetti squash?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sounds delicious, making me hungry just reading about it. Nothing like having a hot home cooked meal after a rough day.

She's definitely a keeper bud.

edit on 1-10-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

It's a type of squash that you prepare by boiling and when it's done and you crack it open, the insides come out just like spaghetti noodles. It's a pretty passable substitute for actual pasta since the innards don't really have a strong, distinct taste of their own and the texture really isn't a whole lot different than whole wheat pasta or al dente regular pasta.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Sounds not too bad at all!

I'd send you the lime coconut cheesecake we got done having for the kiddo's birthday, but we ended up eating most of it.

But the two together sounds like they'd make a sensational one-two KO by candlelight.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You are a blessed man. you warm my heart with your posts...and make me so jealous. How I wish I had a male partner like you. Alas i am alone but living through you.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Ah, seasonal cooking, I love it. Autumn sweets baking season has kicked in already, and we're transitioning meals now too.

I was the super-cook of the house, but now with my work schedule and her home with the kids, she's become quite the chef over the last few years. I still make the occasional "Holy String of Swear Words This is Amazing" meal about once a month, but her skills are right there - and more often.

More importantly, she's always been a much better baker. Just made the most amazing cookies I've ever eaten (ginger snaps) with a ridiculous pie next on the menu.

As the temperature cools down... I'm going to need to exercise more. And daily shots of olive oil to keep the cholesterol levels right.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

For real? OH MY GORD!
😆
Add one stick of buttter, a cup of brown sugar.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That's kinda a cool idea. My girlfriend is vegan and I'm running out of ideas. Have to tweak it a little but it sounds like a neat meal thanks!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's a type of squash that you prepare by boiling and when it's done and you crack it open, the insides come out just like spaghetti noodles. It's a pretty passable substitute for actual pasta since the innards don't really have a strong, distinct taste of their own and the texture really isn't a whole lot different than whole wheat pasta or al dente regular pasta.

A good description, although I might differ on the "pretty passable" part.
I eat it, but I prefer pasta.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My wife has me making turkey and dressing tonight. Something must be in the air with wanting fall flavors.

so i spent the day doing up the whole 9 yards. gonna watch the rest of this cowboys game and pretend its thanksgiving.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't boil. I split, cover in oil or bacon fat, and roast on 350 with the cut side down.

about 25 minutes later you can take a fork to it and break the noodles apart.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't boil. I split, cover in oil or bacon fat, and roast on 350 with the cut side down.

I roast them, but always did them whole and split them afterward.
I roasted them at 350 for 40 minutes.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

We don't do it very often, but we might try that next time. I prefer most things roasted.

Like the poster above, I prefer the real thing. It's the husband who likes spaghetti squash strangely, and he's the one who nearly always insists on meat with every meal.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I roast them, but always did them whole and split them afterward.
I roasted them at 350 for 40 minutes.

I split mine as well but I like to put some sprigs of fresh herbs inside before I put them cut side down.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
As I've noted, I'm not a big fan of ground turkey. It's pretty much tasteless, but her sauce she did with the marinara and pumpkin was off the charts GOOD!!!

So there was a fair amount of sauce left over last night. I saved it all. Tonight we're having straight up pasta, with straight up meat balls. (more traditional pasta, with a hint of pumpkin). Awesome!!!

I'm looking forward to it!!!

top topics

join